billozz

gardiner system
« on: February 10, 2006, 05:40:39 pm »
hey guys help please,
just about to order a garediner 400gpd system which is fitted in the van.
i was a bit surprised that although it is advertised as a diy system they do not send you details of how to secure the tank, has anyone fitted one of their systems that could help me
thanks
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

alpha

Re: gardiner system
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 06:28:59 pm »
I am having the same problem somebody mentioned cleantech but I haven't heard from them yet. Another nameless company  thought that if it was a horizontal baffled tank it shouldn't move. I am not convinced though.

sair

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 07:09:42 pm »
secure all tanks ...correctly and safely .otherwise whats the point in not using a lader when you have half a ton water behind you

we provide an instaltion service on any one systems depends if were near enough for them 07944 227635
Essentially Pure Ltd

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 07:41:31 pm »
Hi Billozz,

When you order one of our DIY systems, you will find that we do include a section on tank fitting. However this is only intended to provide an idea of how to mount the tank as this is VERY vehicle dependant.

If your vehicle has ready fitted load hoops or mounting points these can be used with correctly rated ratchet straps. If not then suiatble mounting points can be welded/bolted to the vehicle floorpan and then the tank mounted to these with suitably rated ratchet straps.

The easiest way is to take the tank to your local garage and get their recommendation and perhaps get them to weld up/bolt in  a suitable mounting point or even a simple frame, the tanks have a recess around them to facilitate this.

As you can see no one 'mounting kit' would be suitable for all vehicles and requirements.

Any vehicle specific queries give us a ring and ask for Alex

Alex Gardiner

master cleaner

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 07:40:11 pm »
i have just had a 400ltr tank fitted omnipole supplied the fixing kit £105 inc vat and del

here is a picture

gary

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 04:48:13 pm »
That looks good Gary especially as you have it behind a bulkhead.

The point that Ionics have been banging on about still holds true though that tanks bolted to the floor are not automatically fitted correctly as in a serious accident the unstrengthened floor could just 'rip' up. You should only ever mount tanks whether with bolts or straps to re-inforced mounting points or plates.

Alex

billozz

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 05:10:43 pm »
gary,
lokks good. had a look on the omnipole site but cant find fixing kit how did you get it
thanks
Bill

billozz

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 06:22:09 pm »
hey guys im havin trouble sending gardiner an e'mail
any ideas what might be wrong

H h20

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 06:24:31 pm »