Marc's on the Glass, LLC

New Logo
« on: February 10, 2006, 04:38:46 am »
Hi everybody!

I am in the works of putting together a logo for the company.  Our target is up-scale residential and commercial work.

I have 2 logos (1 for each).  These are the first drafts.  What do you think?  I appreciate your input!!!

http://thelogocompany.net/downloads/concepts/MarcsontheD12aR00aP01AL.jpg

http://thelogocompany.net/downloads/concepts/MarcsontheD16aR00aP01AL.jpg

Cheers!

steve k

Re: New Logo
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 06:53:13 am »
great pictures. :) What is LLC...is it necessary? ???
Do you not think there should be mention of "window Cleaning" somewhere..I do ;)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 08:03:46 am »
I love the 1st one Thats exellent , dont thin;k you need "window cleaning" the logo speaks for itself

did you do it yourself cause its really good

Chris

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 08:27:33 am »
both good but i prfer no2
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Morph

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:56:29 am »
both good.
I'd use the 1st for domestic, 2nd for commercial

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 10:04:01 am »
both are excelent, but i would say No2 says it all.Great logo

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 10:34:41 am »
both are great!!!! but how are u making these? :)

they look gr8 n would like to try myself what programe are you using ??? :D

Dave
Dave.

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 11:09:51 am »
Hi guys, Dave the carpet cleaner here again. Hope you don't mind me joining in this forum, just interested. The first one is excellent. Go for this one, especially for the money areas. I did a design course with the Open University, and what you find with any advertising are connotations, in other words things that remind people of other things. The first one reminds me of something quality.

If any onybody wishes to design logos etc, i reccommend a programme call Serif Drawplus. This is a suite of programmes that includes Pageplus as well. It is a fairly simple programme and you can utilise digital photos (or scanned photos) in with your designs. The programme is about £30 - £40 which is cheap compared to a professional programme which would cost you around £500. The only down side is that many printers do not recognise this programme so you can't give your designs to them on a disk. To get around this problem, i bought a cheap Epson photo printer from Asda for £50 and i woud print my designs out on cheap glossy photo paper at £5 a packet and printed on best quality setting.

I have just used this to have some flyers made for me. Remember that as long as flyers do not offer a discount, or free admission into a building or do not have a space to write on, then you do not have to pay vat on them. This was pointed out to me the other wek and i have verified this.

Dave

Roy Harding

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 12:47:17 pm »
I expect the logo is from here

http://thelogocompany.net/

Roy

macc

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 11:16:33 pm »
like them both but i would go with the first 1, thats eye catching.

macc

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 12:52:29 am »
absolutely number 1 , to me the second one is not really in your face , its just not quite as obvious as the first one .

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jeff evans

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 11:10:23 am »
It,s the first one for me, it says quality, dont think it needs window cleaner in there, your aiming at intelligent people i think they can work that one out for themselfs.

JEFF.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 11:18:06 am »
the first one, perfect ;)

chris

www.scsf.co.uk

Ben Walker

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 08:39:15 pm »
i like both
i do wonder though that the w/c in the 1st, being in silouette and croutched, looks a bit like a burglar!! Dave will have something to say about this connotation!
ben

brett walker

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 09:59:09 pm »
I like both, very professional

Brett

s.hughes

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2006, 10:01:43 pm »
1st one

Steve

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2006, 10:44:06 pm »
Thanks guys!  I appreciate your opinions.  Never thought about the burglar though!

I hope through good graphics that I can appeal to the home-owners moe than the competition.

*Incidentally... it's done a little differently here.  Residential work is rarely recurring (more than 1/year).  So there isn't an issue of poaching anyone's route.  Generally, a W/C will advertise in a phone book or use flyers every year.

Best appearance is what I'm shooting for.  I have gotten jobs (being the highest bidder) because of professional bid sheets and so on...

Ben Walker

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2006, 11:57:33 pm »
yes i think the 1st one gives the best appearance, bar burglar! its a good one.
remove the " " and you'll save the catch-phrase from being too cheesy too.

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 12:15:42 am »
Hey Steve...

LLC = Limited Liability Company

A business type that is protected form lawsuits, essentially.  My business would never be in danger should someone sue and win.