gandex

bussiness plan
« on: February 03, 2006, 03:13:12 pm »
hi everybody, new to this site and new to industry, came back from south of france bankrupt and skint. a friend suggested i window clean did some door knocking in august 05 and now have roughly £2000 worth of work (Traditional), which i can knock out in 12-14 days, therefoe i want to expand and like the idea of WFP system. however, i am paying of debts and am struggling to save enough cash to pay for this, i reckon if i open up a business account and present a business plan i may be able to borrow enough for a van and all the gear. Has anyone presented a bank with a business plan before that i could possible buy for a small fee or that i can give a few days graft (N.London, Essex area). or does anyone have any suggestions or ideas. Cheers Dave

dish

Re: bussiness plan
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:19:50 pm »
a lot of the banks are pretty well geared up to this kind of thing, and they will even give you a floppy disk or a booklet with how to do your business plan. HSBC definately do.  Some of the banks have the information on their websites, check out hsbc, barclays and natwest sites.

also, check out www.businesslink.gov.uk - loads of tips and advice.

I did one for a business loan, but not for my cleaning stuff, for something else.

all they wanted really was something on paper to show that I had put some thought into the business and to see if it was a realistic proposition or not.

mick hay

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 05:02:32 pm »
hi Gandex, was you bankrupt in this country? if you was you wont get a loan. i was discharged last april, and only just got a business account!! everything for me has to be cash. it stays on your file for 6 years!!

stephen d

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 08:14:06 pm »
why not buy it on lease hire from someone like ionics

steve k

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 08:58:12 pm »
if you can build up a £2000 round for 12-14 days work in 6 months (approx: £150 per day) you might consider starting a doorknocking service for other window cleaners...you must be doing something right ;)

gandex

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 12:59:33 pm »
thanks to everyone who has replied, great advice i shall get myself along to hsbc and barclays, i was not made bankrupt just got ripped off by some frogs on a building contract. i door knocked everyday from 4pm to 8pm mon to fri allday sat and sun for about three moths doing the work from 8am to 4pm, was knackered but would be willing to do it for some one in essex who wants to share the work or come to some arrangement. cheers guys  ;D

sair

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 03:05:53 pm »
if you can do that over six months do the same for another six months double your income could buy from any company you like after three months the whole kit with cash dont need a loan then you will have got your self a nice buisiness . that s how i did 20 years ago
hope it goes well
Essentially Pure Ltd

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 05:29:14 pm »
if you can build up a £2000 round for 12-14 days work in 6 months (approx: £150 per day) you might consider starting a doorknocking service for other window cleaners...you must be doing something right ;)

Gandex,

I agree.  I wish I had your 'balls' and motivation.

I'm getting so lazy I'm going to adopt our next child!

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 10:07:12 pm »
Gandex,

If you are that motivated to build 2 grands worth of round in 6 months and can do 140 - 150 per day, don't borrow..........you'll be able to EARN £1200 extra in 3 months:-
1st month; canvass and do 300 more
2nd month canvass and do another 300
3rd month do your 600 extra

Extra Income:-

1st month,   £300
2nd Month,  £600
3rd Month,   £600
                  £1500 (Doh...Mis calculated!!)

Bet you can do it!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest