P @ F

HELP , HELP , HELP !
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:47:27 am »
Hi guys and girls , need your wisdom urgently , just been offered an 8K contract , i really want this but i need to come up with a wfp risk assesment and forward a copy of PL insurance , as im only domestic at the mo i havent got either , looked at the docs section and found nothing .
As regards to the PL can anybody give me names and numbers of good companies who will sort this , 1 mil and 5 mil is what im looking for , and any rough cost of what you guys pay would be helpful .
If anybody out there has a risk asses they use and dont mind sending a copy for me to alter to my needs i will love you forever {only if you are a lady tho} !

Many thanks   Rich   P @ F ,    jibbers@blueyonder.co.uk
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

daniel b

Re: HELP , HELP , HELP !
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:02:26 pm »
Hi Rich,
Try www.darwinclayton.co.uk for your insurance they are very good,i pay close on £4000 but that is for 10 mill PL & 10mill EL and this covers everythin you can think of and for 15 full time employees.

Rich do you have a fax number cause i will fax you a couple of different  risk assessments we recently done fora couple of blue chip companies.

Cheers
Dan
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 12:11:49 pm »
Hi Dan , i dont have a fax !
Anything you could send via E mail would be spot on , all i need to see is what the layout is like , i dont want to do my own and have it let me down !
As this is my first commercial job id love to get it , i know im under the yearly budget for it as one of the receptionists let slip to me the figure !

All help greatly appreciated .    Rich   P @ F

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 12:49:00 pm »
i Rich

you have mail hope it helps.

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 02:34:45 pm »
Rich

I have sent you the one i use.

I cant believe you dont have insurance .

In fact i am flabbergasted.

It only takes one big blunder and you would lose everything including your house,

Dave

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 06:29:20 pm »
Thankyou all , i havent checked my mail yet , will in a mo , just wanted to reply about the insurance bit , i know its bad but it was just one of those things that get put off , in reply to losing everything , i wouldnt lose a lot , just the van and gear and my prized collection of 3 BMW's !
I dont own the house , my parents let me live here rent free while they move aroud the country due to my dads job !
I have no choice to get it now , the company want to see it dont they !

Will go and check my mail now , back soon     Rich   P @ F

Philip Hanson

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 06:38:27 pm »
Rich do you have a fax number cause i will fax you a couple of different risk assessments we recently done fora couple of blue chip companies.

Cheers
Dan

Dan, if you want you could fax to me and I'll forward to Rich by email

My fax no is 0870 120 6889

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 09:25:01 pm »
If it's just you alone you should get PL for between £75 and £100 p.a. for £1 million
It's a game of three halves!

matts

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 09:44:08 pm »
www.insuredrisks.co.uk £77 approx for 1m P.L.This is who i use i am only domestic though,all done on the internet within minutes hope this helps and good luck

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 10:38:49 pm »
Thanks very much peeps , got all i need there , will sort the pl on monday .
Dave , thats exactly what i was looking for , spot on .
I'll do a post to let you all know if the contract is sorted .

Cheers again ,   Rich  P @ F   

matt

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 10:42:04 pm »
mine is 105 quid a year, thought that covers a fair few other "job descriptions" aswell

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 11:05:54 pm »
Whos that with please Matt ?

Rich  P @ F

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 11:16:17 pm »
Rich,

We paid £105.30 for 2 mil.  Insurer is MMA insurance through Swinton Business Insurance in Manchester. Telephone 0845 120 2734.

There are some exclusions and its for 1 sole trader with £100 excess on PL and £500 on Property Damage.

Most PL insurances also exclude damage to the property you are working on so check that out as well.

Worth a call Rich,  Hope it helps,

Sarah

Sarah

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 11:38:07 pm »
Thanks Sarah , im lost , it does not cover the property you are working on !
Please explain , what exactly does it cover then ?

Bear with me , im from the Westcountry ! , Im sure Dave St Ives will disagree !

Rich   P @ F

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 11:44:41 pm »
Gosh, now your asking me to remember a conversation I had last September and I cant remember what I just typed  :P

Apparently its common practice to do this in a w/c policy.  As it states your are not covered if you break the window you are working on but if your squeegy jumps out of your hand, bounces on the floor and smashes the one next door then you can claim !!

Check it out Rich, but not one of the companies I had quotes from mentioned it until I queried it with them.

Post your findings for future reference for others.  I will look into it and get clear guidelines too.

Sarah
Sarah

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 11:49:45 pm »
Alrighty then , will do , it just seems a bit daft that the prop your working on isnt covered !

QUESTION .... So when i see other wc's with the words FULLY INSURED on their vans does this mean they hold a separate policy to cover the job they are working on ?

Rich   P @ F

mark dew

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 11:53:41 pm »
I have 5 million PL for £125.61. The quote dropped from about £145 after a couple of weeks.
It is from groupama.
The broker is:
yourinsurancegroup (brokers) ltd
tel 0800 015 7705
www.yourinsurance.co.uk

There is a £250 excess and it doesn't cover me if i break the window i'm working on.

ps fully insured might mean FULLY insured for all eventualities but i use fully insured in leaflets when it isn't really 'cos it doesn't cover the window i'm working on.

Is that false advertising??

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 12:05:59 am »
Cheers Mark , it could well be false advertising , but your not alone , every other wc is in the same boat .

Rich  P @ F

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 09:56:34 am »
Alrighty then , will do , it just seems a bit daft that the prop your working on isnt covered !

QUESTION .... So when i see other wc's with the words FULLY INSURED on their vans does this mean they hold a separate policy to cover the job they are working on ?

Rich   P @ F

The bit about the "property" you are working on, actually translates to the "window" you are working on.  Don't ask me how though.  It was explained to me once but I can't remember  :)  .
I have 5 million quids worth of PL insurance as a sole trader.  It cost me about £170 or £180 and I can't be bothered to dig out the paperwork to find out who it's with.  The broker is Ryan insurance in Ipswich though.

matt

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 10:40:47 am »
Whos that with please Matt ?

Rich  P @ F

Swinton, in most high streets, just pop in and pay the money and you get it all printed out

open on saturdays aswell

they give a no-claims discount every years aswell, only a few quid