rosskesava

Re: Work down...
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 10:43:55 pm »
Got the job though didn't I?

;D

s.hughes

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 11:04:30 pm »
Ross if you didnt get the job would he have ended up in the back of the Hearse?

Steve

rosskesava

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2006, 11:23:23 pm »
Nope.

I would have. The other two I work with would have seen to that.

Morph

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2006, 11:25:07 pm »
Ross
This is a window cleaning forum.  Sounds like you were discussing death and burial! 8)

texas girl

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 01:42:43 am »
Farkam,

Hang in there if you have just started window cleaning. It does take time to become established.

In the beginning I used to take it personal when I lost even the smallest accounts for any reason.  Then I learned that it is just business; you pick up many more than you will lose.

I would make it clear when the agreement is madewith a client to be on a cleaning schedule that there is a fuel  charge of a certain amount if you make the trip to clean and the cleaning is cancelled.

It is your business; you are in charge  but I know what you mean when you first start out. You feel you need each and every job.l In time you will stay busy year 'round.

As far as picking up commercial; over here if you are out and about; have good exposure to the public and to businesses, and do some marketing(via visiting in person; leaving cards, pamphlets, advertising in phone books, etc), you are guaranteed success.

Just keep trying and on the really cold slow days do something fun or brainstorm about marketing your business. I have done some phone marketing in the beginning by calling to say"we are running a winter special, 20% off any cleaning this week", etc.

Put out lots of bait and you will for sure catch some fish.

I know; I have been doing this business over 20 years.

Hugs,

Texas Girl   :-* :-*
Debbie

farkam

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 09:16:15 pm »
Farkam,

Hang in there if you have just started window cleaning. It does take time to become established.

In the beginning I used to take it personal when I lost even the smallest accounts for any reason.  Then I learned that it is just business; you pick up many more than you will lose.

I would make it clear when the agreement is madewith a client to be on a cleaning schedule that there is a fuel  charge of a certain amount if you make the trip to clean and the cleaning is cancelled.

It is your business; you are in charge  but I know what you mean when you first start out. You feel you need each and every job.l In time you will stay busy year 'round.

As far as picking up commercial; over here if you are out and about; have good exposure to the public and to businesses, and do some marketing(via visiting in person; leaving cards, pamphlets, advertising in phone books, etc), you are guaranteed success.

Just keep trying and on the really cold slow days do something fun or brainstorm about marketing your business. I have done some phone marketing in the beginning by calling to say"we are running a winter special, 20% off any cleaning this week", etc.

Put out lots of bait and you will for sure catch some fish.

I know; I have been doing this business over 20 years.
Hugs,
Texas Girl   :-* :-*

thanks a lot sweety Texas Girl  :-*
surely i will use your advise, many thanks  ;)