H h20

pole guide fitting
« on: January 31, 2006, 06:13:31 pm »
Can anyone help,iv`e just recieved a third section to add to my two section fibreglass pole,it came with 2 plastic guides the fit inside but im stuck i don`t know what to do with them how they fit  ??? please help i need to get my pole ready for tomorrow,Gaz

jeff evans

Re: pole guide fitting
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 06:22:48 pm »
Gaz
Try taking the two sections apart to see where the guides go
i think you may have to drill a couple of holes in the new section for the guids to fit into.
i have taken a section of my 30ft pole and thats how they fitted, its a pole from gardiner mine, dont know if this helps

Cheers Jeff
(p.s could you e.mail me when you have sent my brush heads) thanks.

H h20

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 06:49:13 pm »
Thanks Jeff,i`ll give it a go,and i got pole section from Gardiner aswell,
i`ll email you now about brushes,Gaz  ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 07:02:14 pm »
Can anyone help,iv`e just recieved a third section to add to my two section fibreglass pole,it came with 2 plastic guides the fit inside but im stuck i don`t know what to do with them how they fit  ??? please help i need to get my pole ready for tomorrow,Gaz
if those plastic guides are 2 semi-circles joined by a thin strip with little lugs on them then they are pole sliders/guides that stop you over extending the pole.
what you need to do is take off the butt piece of your existing bottom section and drill guide holes for the plastic lugs about 6/7"from the end of your pole and while holding the guides lined up  on the section, insert it into your new bottom section and away you go.
if thats as clear as mud,email me or call 07967 132494 and i will try and explain it more.
i used to make poles for about 3 years for ionics so i know how to, but maybe not explain!!

H h20

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 08:09:03 pm »
Thanks Russell,all sorted, fitted and ready for work,nice talking to you,Gaz  ;)

jeff evans

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 08:36:35 pm »
Gaz
have you just made your 18ft pole into a 24ft
What did gardiner charge for the extra section.
because i think i might get away with 24ft on
my commercial job, and that would make life
easer as the 30ft gets heavy when lifting of
the glass to rinse.

cheers jeff.

H h20

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 09:48:31 pm »
Jeff,iv`e just measure my length  :o,the fist 2 sections are 2x2 metres, new third section was also 2 metre,fully extended with brush bang on 20ft,
i paid £50 for 3rd section thats including vat & delivery and they sent me 2 spare collars with all bolts and fittings and guide stoppers,
they can custom make what ever length you need,Gaz  ;)

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 12:11:25 pm »
Thanks Russell,all sorted, fitted and ready for work,nice talking to you,Gaz  ;)
happy to help, catch you again,
cheers gaz

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 04:04:47 pm »
How much  ? ?      :o

Ben Walker

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 07:23:18 pm »
Gaz
the glass to rinse.

cheers jeff.

Now that i'm using a salmon brush i've given up on the faf of rinsing off the glass. the water flows much more easily through the crinkled bristles taking the dirt with it, wheras the vikan held on to it (hence the need to lift the brush off)
You really don't want to be lifting a 30' pole off the glass, or any pole for that matter!.
Ask Gaz for one, the fella you just talked to ^  8) , or Peter fogwill if you want wider one for commercial.

ben

H h20

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 07:48:08 pm »
Gaz
the glass to rinse.

cheers jeff.

Now that i'm using a salmon brush i've given up on the faf of rinsing off the glass. the water flows much more easily through the crinkled bristles taking the dirt with it, wheras the vikan held on to it (hence the need to lift the brush off)
You really don't want to be lifting a 30' pole off the glass, or any pole for that matter!.
Ask Gaz for one, the fella you just talked to ^  8) , or Peter fogwill if you want wider one for commercial.

ben
Cheers Ben,i agree the salmon brushes are really good,they leave a better finish and no rinsing,so who`s up for a brush then  ;D,Gaz