Rob_j

Not a good job
« on: January 30, 2006, 08:03:40 pm »
I was doing a quote for the insides of a retirement flat in Newbury today. As it happens the guy who has the contract for cleaning the outsides was there.

I noticed that there were a lot of runs on some of the windows that he had cleaned. I mentioned this to the customer, she said that they had complained to the managment company about it.

He was using a well known make of system, I wont mention the brand name but the poles they supply have water coming through an overhead fan jet and standard jets through the brush.

I have never found the overhead fan jet to be any good on domestic windows as it leaved loads of drops of water on the top frame and in the top window seals, this all eventually drips down onto the glass leaving runs.

I use Ionics professional poles with double trim brushes that have the option of either overhead fan jet or standard jets through the brush. I find this setup excellent and very rarely use the overhead fan jet.

The big question is do I approach the managment company and try to get the contract (excellent contract, probably 2 days work a month), or do I respect the other window cleaner and leave well alone.

The third option would be that the window cleaner concerned reads this post and mends his ways. If that is the case let me know and I will leave well alone.

Cheers
Rob

Moderator David@stives

Re: Not a good job
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 08:08:17 pm »
why have they got seperate cleaners for inside and out  ?

Rob_j

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:41:48 pm »
David,
The managment company only supply exterior cleaning the residents have to sort the insides themselvs.

Cheers
Rob

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 08:42:05 pm »
You could contact the management company and ask if you could put in a quote next time the contract is due. Then it is up to them, they might ask you to give them an immediate quote but on the other hand you may never hear from them. Just one other thing does this other chap clean the communal areas of the insides( hoovering stairs, hallways etc,) It is possible you might have to take that on as well.

Rob_j

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 10:08:58 pm »
There are no communal areas its basically a small housing estate with 30 or so self contained houses.

Cheers
Rob

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:59:48 pm »
Hiya Rob

Way off topic I know but are you a glider pilot like me?

That looks like a Cirrus in your pic.

I have a share in a ASW28.  Very nice machine but I am thinking of selling it because I don't get to fly it enough nowadays.

Cheers

Andrew

Rob_j

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 07:57:45 pm »
Hi Andrew,
I am and the photo is of my ASW20. Its a shame you don't get the time to fly any more. One of the main reasons I started window cleaning was so I could have the time and flexibility to fly as often as possible. I fly at Bidford, Lasham and Talgarth, where do you fly?

Cheers
Rob

s.hughes

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 09:45:34 pm »
Sorry but I thought it was a radio controlled plane.

Steve

sunshine windows

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 09:53:06 pm »
nice one steve. I nearly fell off my chair  :D :D :D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk