lee_dewing

wfp(wally)
« on: January 28, 2006, 03:53:31 pm »
hi, will be setting wfp up later this spring; at parents house(i am in flat). their outside tap is under kitchen window; their garage is about 12 foot away from tap, there will be 12 feet exposed hose pipe before going into garage, won't be a problem till next winter i suppose; lag any exposed hose? would 1000ltr tank freeze if outside; or is it a case of running water can't freeze
 any advice on isulation angaist elements please
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Sarah Sarill

Re: wfp(wally)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 05:15:03 pm »
We had the same problem Lee.

We now run hose around almost 3 sides of our house into the shed to the RO-Man.

We lagged it with Foam pipe lagging and have not yet had it freeze on us.  we do wrap the outside connection in sheets each night and cover the shed set up in an old duvet.  The extra small bore waste pipe has frozen once though.

Hope this helps and good luck - you will never look back 

Sarah
Sarah

matt

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 06:13:08 pm »
mine is sited in the garage and i run a hosepipe to it, its about 30 ft long, and its never frozen, when i predict cold weather i disconnect the micro-pipe waste that rus the same lenght to the drain, and just let it run out under the garage door, the drive had a frozen trail, but thats it  ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 11:16:03 am »
Sarah & Matt.
thankyou
Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

gaza

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 10:10:03 pm »
just a thought couldnt you use 12ft of drain pipe packed with sand and grit and salt
to run your pipe through?

gaza ???
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 10:39:57 pm »
Whereabouts in the UK are you? South-west temperatures are a few degrees warmer (typically) than North-east.
It's a game of three halves!