Re: trad v wfp
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 10:53:22 pm »
No, but I'm confident I would. ;D

craig jwc

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 10:56:41 pm »
I haven't.
All my work is done with wfp.
Only 2 jobs with balconies i use traditional.

Look through the all the post as i think there has been questions like this before and you might not get much response as it always starts never ending discussions and disagreements.

wfp is just another tool to help us all if you choose it.

neil100

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 12:51:40 am »
Not that I know off.

My freind was a classic example of wfp. He spent £1,500.00 on his system and poles in April 2005. In the first 2 months of use he would throw his pole in the back of his car out of frustration and because it was not cleaning the windows to a standard he was happy with. Back up his ladders he would go.

If anyone had approached him in those first 2 months wanting to buy his wfp system he would of sold it gladly. He used to wonder and worry how he was going to tell his wife he had just wasted £1500.00 of money they badly needed on wfp, and something in his opinion was no were near as good as traditional w/cleaning.

Because he had spent the money he carried on begrudgingly, by the 4th month he was not so sure he would sell it, the results with wfp were improveing and he was starting to get used to not going up his ladder all the time.

After 6 months he was glad he had wfp and he would not be with out it.

Present day he his getting rid of any work that requries a ladder, or refuseing to do any windows that require a ladder to access them. He his on his winter holiday in Kenya and when he gets back he his moving from an estate car to a van with a bigger tank in, but investing more money in wfp which he sees has the future for his business.

Nel.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 09:10:19 am »
A good reply Neil, and a good example of the process ;)
It didn't take me as long to get the hang of it, but my viewpoint is now identical to that of your mate.
Though this thread  will probably get the ball rolling again, what the hell ;D thats what the forum is about!!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 09:32:23 am »
Go back to working off ladders - No Way  ;)

Dont use them at all nowadays. Have now ditched all the jobs that needed ladders for access etc and replaced them.

Dont even use them for gutter and Upvc cleaning as we have the Northern Tools gutter lance and attachments.

NO  NO  NO  NO

Sarah

Sarah

H h20

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 09:37:13 am »
Go back to working off ladders - No Way  ;)

Dont use them at all nowadays. Have now ditched all the jobs that needed ladders for access etc and replaced them.

Dont even use them for gutter and Upvc cleaning as we have the Northern Tools gutter lance and attachments.

NO  NO  NO  NO

Sarah

Sarah,what length gutter lance did you buy and do you need to use a pressure washer for it?,Gaz

craig jwc

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 06:14:21 pm »
Sarah,what length gutter lance did you buy and do you need to use a pressure washer for it?,Gaz

I'm interested in this also, please tell are they any good?

Craig

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 06:17:33 pm »
Hi Gaz, Hi Craig,

I have just sent you the spec sheet I put together for another member.  I would post it here but its too big a file with pics.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13132.0

This link contains lots of info and others view on the kit which.

Any further questions please ask away.

Sarah
Sarah

H h20

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 06:33:29 pm »
Thanks Sarah,but it wont open  ???,Gaz

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 06:40:39 pm »
Gazs,

Its in Powerpoint - will try and save it in word and re-send it.

Sarah
Sarah

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 06:45:12 pm »
has any one returned to traditional window cleaning method after using wfp
and if so why

I thought about it for a short while but I gritted my teeth and got on with it.  I'm glad I did now and it's still early days for me.
When I got really disillusioned with WFP and it was slowing me down a lot I reverted back to ladders just for a couple of weeks.  I didn't use the ladders on any jobs that I had already WPF'd though because I didn't want to put any detergent back on there.  This was purely a cashflow measure as WFP slowed me down too much at first.  Consequently, I have some of my round that has been cleaned once with WFP, some of it twice, and a little bit of it three times.  I still have about a dozen jobs that need a first clean with WFP.  Half of them are old dears in bungalows so I may just carry on doing them traditionally.  A couple of them struggle to remember who I am so I'm not going to put myself through the hassle of explaining pure water systems to them.

supernova77

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 06:55:16 pm »
Hi Sarah,

Could you please send the spec sheet to me as well?

andy@scs.uk.com

Thanks  ;D
Andy

Morph

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 07:01:01 pm »
No, is my answer to the original question.
I've had a few down days, but they pass.
I am on my 4th time round now, and I have quite a bit of ground floor stuff too.  But I just cannot be bothered to use a mop and squeegee, scrim, dry, wipe frames,freezing fingers, check corners...yaaaawwwwwn.  I haven't even got the ladder off the roofrack for a month.
I'd rather get the hosereel set up, connect the pole, and away we go.
I have now reached the point where I don't really check what I've done.  It's either good, or I know it will be next time.  I'm still using too much water, but I'd rather that than not enough.  I will only go back if they ban the use.  Then again, I don't know if I can be bothered. ;D

Smiths Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 07:11:00 pm »
hi Sarah
have just been reading with interest your post on gutter cleaning can you forward a link or any info at all as i am very interested ta! :) smithscleaning@ntlworld.com

H h20

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 07:22:09 pm »
Thanks again Sarah,i managed to open the document but no pics,
i need to know if it required a pressure washer and now i know,
well iv`e got one so im half way there  :D,Gaz

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 08:08:59 pm »
Half of them are old dears in bungalows so I may just carry on doing them traditionally.  A couple of them struggle to remember who I am so I'm not going to put myself through the hassle of explaining pure water systems to them.

I've three accounts like that.  One whose deaf, another blind and the last, well, not exactly 'dumb', but extremely close to death.  They're all neighbors.

I use ladders as it's easier than explaining WFP to them and getting them stressed about it.  I thought it was only me that was soft!

master cleaner

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 10:51:44 pm »
ive been wfp for 4 months now after 11years of trad i have just sold the work i had that needed ladders and taken the ladders off the roof of the van
about a year ago my son fell off his ladder i saw it and screamed like a sissy, he landed on his feet and wasnt hurt but to answer the question would i go back to trad

not on your nelly

thanx

gary

macc

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 11:53:34 pm »
like gary, a memory, a bad one. wfp or nothing.  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 08:25:36 am »
We have all had bad experiences with ladders it goes with the job.
But that isn't the real point in the eternal trad v WFP debate.

Those that have gone over to WFP report being able to take money faster than they did the old way.

Game,set and match