S.C.S

Public Liabilty Insurance
« on: January 27, 2006, 05:49:32 pm »
Hi all just gettin rough ideas what insurance you are with and how much it costs you

Cheers

Andy

Re: Public Liabilty Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 06:08:03 pm »
My document isn't to hand (it's in the cupboard under the stairs and the dog is on his bean-bag in front of it), but you'll get 1 million pounds worth of public liability for around £100.

Some largish commercial work may require you to have more; five million is the usual amount, but this'll cost more obviously.

One million should be enough for a mainly residential round.

This insurance doesn't protect you if you break a window, but should your ladders blow off a wall and land on someones head/car/caravan; it'll come in handy.

It's tax-deductable too.

Also, you can purchase insurance to cover the cost of breaking a window; but again; it'll cost you more; obviously.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 06:20:12 pm »
Hi Andy,

We are insured with MMA insurance via Swinton Commercial Insurance services.  We have 2 Mil public Liability only and pay £86 pa.

There are some exclusions with most w/c policies so that is worth doing comparisons on too.  One usual one but really odd is that your policy will exclude damage to property being worked  on. 

It was common to all companies I had a quote from but it was not discussed until I asked them !!.  You can also opt to have tools covered but that bumped it up quite a bit.  Its worth checking that you house contents insurance covers tools stored in an outbuilding or shed and if it does no need to cover it with your PL.

Hope that helps

Sarah
Sarah

daniel b

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 07:12:44 pm »
We have 10mill PL and 10mill EL For £3600 per year,thats with www.darwinclayton.co.uk.
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 07:18:04 pm »
We have 10mill PL and 10mill EL For £3600 per year,thats with www.darwinclayton.co.uk.

I'll give Darwin a phonecall!  When I'm turning over as much as you! ;)

zeusjazmin

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 09:28:36 pm »
insuredrisks.co.uk pli £1million for £76 per year

craig jwc

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 10:42:51 pm »
I'm sure my PL covered me if i broke a window but not the one i was working on.
I'll have to check though.

Mine is £1 million cover for about £80 per year

S.C.S

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 10:47:00 pm »
Hi thanks for all the replys i myself pay £75 and that covers if i break any windows too so i we are all paying about tha same

cheers

andy ;D

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 02:38:23 pm »
Just got mine , MMA through a local broker , 2 mil .....£100

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !