Dave66

Re: Cancellation of service
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 11:18:50 pm »
give it a few months then throw an early development of a chicken at it  :-X
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

stuart mc

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 11:21:19 pm »
I can't believe you could be r.sed to read the whole email!

;D must admit I would have seen cancelled shrugged my shoulders and moved on, I have wrote a few emails in response of daft things and sent very few of them, and on this occasion if it happened to me I would do the same, just move on

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 09:41:31 am »
I suggest sending him links to WFP explanations on the web - maybe to other window cleaners' websites.  That way he can see that it isn't just you saying it.  As for the stain, unfortunately some stains can't be shifted without damaging the window.  If he's up for it, take a non scratch abrasive pad around there and show him.

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »
I cannot believe i did not through some snake venom on this one. I must be slipping. Its an age thing.or I am just becoming  a nice guy.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 03:47:57 pm »
I cannot believe i did not through some snake venom on this one. I must be slipping. Its an age thing.or I am just becoming  a nice guy.

You were right not to.  It may be that his only problem is a lack of knowledge regarding WFP - perfectly reasonable as he isn't a window cleaner.

jeremy evans

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 07:55:50 pm »
I had one cancel this evening on me, asked her why and i got the windows are clean but i dont like the water dripping on the conny roof while do you the bedroom window above it. Oh dear what happens when it rains love ;D ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:42 pm »
cant beat traditional window cleaning ;D wfp is ****** ;D

jeremy evans

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 08:07:29 pm »
cant beat traditional window cleaning ;D wfp is ****** ;D
Well you wouldnt drip over the conny unless you got 25ft long arms ;D ;D

Helen

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 05:07:41 pm »
I had one cancel this evening on me, asked her why and i got the windows are clean but i dont like the water dripping on the conny roof while do you the bedroom window above it. Oh dear what happens when it rains love ;D ;D

Easy....don't do the one over the connie roof then :)

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 08:21:04 pm »
sounds like he has accepted the implications of ladders at height but wants trad for the ground floor.. dust off the applicator and the squeegee and give your scrim its once-a-month run out, sounds like a good customer to tell you in advance of the next clean, and sounds honest. If he always pays on time etc do you want to lose him for the sake of a few trad windows?

(I expect most of you are about to say YES!) ;D

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 08:37:23 pm »
had 2 cancel this evening because of price rise.2 out of around 150 customer price rises is not too bad!all the others accepted.

one was a 3 bed semi with large side extension and small conny.it was well underpriced!on an estate i clean.i was charging £8 for it monthly.since i went wfp i clean frames,sills,doors and window above conny.

i said to him i will have to put them up to a tenner monthly or £12 two monthly.he said "we ll look around for another window cleaner!"ive been cleaning his windows for over 10 years!! :o :o

he really seems to dislike the fact ive got a sign written van,uniform and wfp and want to charge more for the windows.i do a cracking job of the windows and i used to get on with him fine.i dont think he likes the idea that im doing ok for myself!

another one around the corner small 3 bedder with an awkward back bedroom window over a small back room extension.i wanted to up it from £6 to £7!she said no thats too expensive!!been cleaning hers for around 5 years!!

i must admit ive dumped some of this estate work over the last 6 months or so as i seem to be picking up better paying 2 monthly work a mile or so away from these houses.

you win some,lose some but im winning more than losing overall!!! :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Jackal

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 09:09:56 pm »
iv been putting some prices up first time in 2 years of work i brought when first started trad,most by 50p with a few a £1

the guy who cleaned before has made it hard for me though as he told me that he used to up prices once a year by 10p so it seems to them like im ripping them off but these houses are mainly £5.50 so just want try get them all to £6,even got alot at stupid prices like £5.40,£6.20 even 1 at £10.90 whats that all about!!

anyway put 30 of them up so far not lost any but a women i was putting up from £5.40 to £6 didnt respond when i told her so i said is that ok,she said we'll see  ;D so i said let me no next time,il just prob knock first, jokers!

i can tell a few are shocked by 50p but other are perfectly fine and some think it aint enough,you just need to have a good knack to knowing which ones will pay more i suppose,in time the tight wods will be a distant memory as long as my round keeps growing,im just being cautious at the moment as need as many custys as possible just incase i lose a lot on the wfp changover

Mike #1

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 08:22:36 am »
We all go on about good customer service . I would reply to the email or better still phone them if possible .  Then you will find out if they are messing you about within 2 mins.  Mike

Paul Coleman

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 08:36:18 am »
iv been putting some prices up first time in 2 years of work i brought when first started trad,most by 50p with a few a £1

the guy who cleaned before has made it hard for me though as he told me that he used to up prices once a year by 10p so it seems to them like im ripping them off but these houses are mainly £5.50 so just want try get them all to £6,even got alot at stupid prices like £5.40,£6.20 even 1 at £10.90 whats that all about!!

anyway put 30 of them up so far not lost any but a women i was putting up from £5.40 to £6 didnt respond when i told her so i said is that ok,she said we'll see  ;D so i said let me no next time,il just prob knock first, jokers!

i can tell a few are shocked by 50p but other are perfectly fine and some think it aint enough,you just need to have a good knack to knowing which ones will pay more i suppose,in time the tight wods will be a distant memory as long as my round keeps growing,im just being cautious at the moment as need as many custys as possible just incase i lose a lot on the wfp changover

I'm surprised that anyone is doing a house for as little as £6 but I suppose it does depend on local conditions.

steveo22

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 08:47:10 am »
He no longer wants his windows cleaned because he feels that you are not doing a good enough job, thats his right. Just forget it and move on!!

NJones

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 09:11:26 am »
I rarely bother with a price rise of less than €5,.. I simply can't understand to 50p here & there approach.

I do price rises a lot less often,.. perhaps only once every 3 or 4 years, and I have very few houses below €20.

If I was the custie, messing around finding change for £5.40 or similar would annoy me more than just paying £6!!

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 09:40:36 am »
nat its the old skool window cleaners way of prise rises.i know i guy whos 66 and still climbing ladders!ive seen him on slate roofs,all sorts of pitched roofs in windy conditions etc.he is still charging £3-50 for some 3 bed semis!he does a pretty bad job as ive picked up a fair few customers of his over the years.when he puts his prices up its 20p!

he said to me the other month"i dont know how you get the prices you charge for cleaning the windows!"as i charge triple or more than what he charges on new work i take on.he s obviously found out how much im charging some of his ex customers windows.

the simple fact is i clean the frames,sills,glass and doors and dont come round as often so their not paying that much more for my services but getting a much better clean.plus using dionised water the windows dont get as dirty as he uses fairy liquid and doesnt touch the frames or doors.

simple isnt it?it works for me!it helps that im good looking and younger than him and wear i logo d uniform and drive a van that is sign written!!im also very polite and dont take myself too seriously when out and about cleaning!! :P ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Jackal

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 09:49:02 am »

I'm surprised that anyone is doing a house for as little as £6 but I suppose it does depend on local conditions.

i think the same mate but the simple fact is i dont no many cleaners who are charging more than me round here anyway  its frustrating trying to get prices like i hear on this site,my new houses get charged more but still not a patch on other areas,im trying to take more 2 monthlys on from now on to boost the prices,also my hourly rate should be ok once wfp hopefully,most custys no what there friends pay for a cleaner i assume so wont pay the prices,but this site helps me to charge more

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 10:35:06 am »
sounds like he has accepted the implications of ladders at height but wants trad for the ground floor.. dust off the applicator and the squeegee and give your scrim its once-a-month run out, sounds like a good customer to tell you in advance of the next clean, and sounds honest. If he always pays on time etc do you want to lose him for the sake of a few trad windows?

(I expect most of you are about to say YES!) ;D

I agree, it's the ones who try and insist on you balancing on a sloping roof that are the problem. I don't think it's unreasonable to do the door, and the downstairs windows trad. It really doesn't take that much longer and it's better than losing a customer.  I'd e-mail back and offer that and if he says no then he wanted to get rid anyway :)

darren9ball

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 04:04:24 pm »
To be honest
if they want out they will find any excuse it usually is a money problem and little embarresed too say it,  mate move on bundles of work out there  ;D