Martin-Swinscoe

Cancellation of service
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:36:39 pm »

Hi Martin,

Please accept this email as confirmation that we no longer wish to have our windows cleaned by MJS Window Cleaning.

The reason behind this is that I'm sorry to say that we've not been entirely happy with the quality of the finished product.  Today I arrived home just after 09:30 to find all of the downstairs windows and front door covered in water spots as if it had been raining.  In previous houses I've always known the window cleaner to shammy off both the window and the ledges to stop the dust and dirt marks.

What I would like is the actual windows NOT just the glass to be cleaned.

Obviously I understand the health and safety issues in today's society but still fail to work out why the downstairs windows are not finished off nicely?  When we moved in and even now you will see the side toilet window is an orange colour presumably from drilling in the extraction during final finish to the house. I would have expected this to be long gone further to your monthly cleans.

I've attached some pictures to try and illustrate my point (not sure how good they will show).

All the best for the future and hopefully no hard feelings

Many thanks

Mathew

Came home from work today to find this email off a disgruntled customer in my inbox.
  Now can anyone on here give me a damn good reply apart from telling "Mathew"
to get F*&%"$!!!
BTW the photo's he's sent are of a couple of windows soaking wet and a door dripping of water. The window round the side that he is on about has just stained and believe me i've scrubbed it enough times and it won't come off. Perhaps a bit of paint might do the trick "Mathew"??

Window Washers

Re: Cancellation of service
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:39:42 pm »
I would call the guy, hes taken his time to be honest with you, call him and explain why this is and he may stay with you, I would class a customer like that as an asset to your business
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

matty72

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:45:01 pm »
try to educate him in how the system works, show him and should then be alright if has any sense.

Tomboler

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:46:41 pm »
it does make you feel bad even though you've done nothing wrong - I wouldn't ring him though personally,  someone once told me about the 11th commandment - 'You can't overcome dumb'

Pete10

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 06:47:02 pm »
....I would try and keep him in, I would lay on the charm offensive....take hima bottle of wine or flowers for the Mrs.........would call and ask if you can pop round to discuss....maybe with the kit so you can work on any problems while he's there, but stress if he's still not happy you have no hard feelings.....if you can crack this custie the rest will be a dream....will keep you on your toes to make him happy.... :D

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 06:50:20 pm »
My opinion is that he blatently doesnt want you to continue, so forget it and move on

weetot

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 06:58:14 pm »
Now I think I need to book myself into a home for the bewildered, cos......

QUOTE....'she wants the actual windows, not just the glass to be cleaned'.

Whats that all about? ???
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

gary999

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »
they use any excuse when they no longer want or cant afford your service

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 07:09:17 pm »
we'd call him and discuss it.  wouldnt try the bottle of wine trick personally for this sort of complaint.  maybe if it'd broken something like a window...
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

rah

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 07:36:00 pm »
I don't like the  "we prefer the other type of cleaning" especially when they have never complained about the service and pay quite happily.

Sounds like there's mileage in your customer though

Rob.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 07:58:14 pm »
Martin, can i ask do you clean the frames or just try to clean the glass? It sounds like the customer has had a look at his frames and they are dirty IMO.

supernova77

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 08:00:33 pm »
I would go round and talk to him... Explain how the system works, and that the orange stain is a stain that cannot be removed... Ask him to point out any problems with the windows (that will now be dry)... Try and keep him as a customer.

Andy

bobby p

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 08:01:05 pm »
sounds as if he wants a reply- but dont reply and  i never reply in writing anyway . stick a few offhand Fs into him if he ever rings up ,i find that to be very satisfying

stuart mc

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:43 pm »
Hi Mathew,

Thank you for your honesty now do one your windows have been cleaned using deionised water, this is put simply, purified water and what you have witnessed is the short period of time when it remains on your windows drying naturally to a spot free finish as it has no impurities in the water, I can assure the frame work is cleaned as I clean the glass.

The side window you mentioned is stained and will not be cleaned off with water or soap, it would require chemicals and scraping, if this was required and extra fee would have to be charged as it is classed as a builders clean and takes time.

If you would like a demonstration of the system and how it works this can be arranged. However if I don't hear back from you I will know you want to remain cancelled

or some pish like that

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 09:31:29 pm »
Hi Mathew,

Thank you for your honesty now do one your windows have been cleaned using deionised water, this is put simply, purified water and what you have witnessed is the short period of time when it remains on your windows drying naturally to a spot free finish as it has no impurities in the water, I can assure the frame work is cleaned as I clean the glass.

The side window you mentioned is stained and will not be cleaned off with water or soap, it would require chemicals and scraping, if this was required and extra fee would have to be charged as it is classed as a builders clean and takes time.

If you would like a demonstration of the system and how it works this can be arranged. However if I don't hear back from you I will know you want to remain cancelled

or some pish like that

That's excellent! Maybe end with "... if I don't hear back from you I will know you have an additional unspoken reason for cancelling." 
It's a game of three halves!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 09:37:41 pm »
just move on and pick up two new ones at twice the amount ;D

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 09:40:10 pm »
I've had them like this. I just let them go, you can't win them all with WFP its only a percentages game.

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 09:50:40 pm »
As always a wise and considered post Stu !!

basically i would do the same - i would ring up and agree a time i could pop round and explain the system and the stain - that way you can even give them a cloth and they can scrub it themselves - say you can restore the stain at £XX

i've had several custy's that take a while to understand wfp - so altho it's a pain i explain it to them at least twice - if you get
lazy here with new customers it leads to this sort of problem.

having said that - if they are looking to get out of having the service then it's any excuse they can think of - from that waters rotting my frames ( upvc at that )  ???   to i don't like the dripping noise or i think you clean them to quickly....

only you know if you have cleaned the frames and whether they are mucking you about - but i'd say try and sort it face to face
many a time i've proved a customer wrong and has led to stronger customer relations with recamendations and extra work like conny roofs or gutter clears

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Liam1990

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 11:03:43 pm »
Sounds like he just wants to cancel because he cant afford it or someone has undercut you,
could be a misunderstanding but by his e-mail he seems to be fairly well educated and I would have thought he would have googled window cleaning methods,
Id try and explain it to him maybe e-mail him a link to a video of the system at work, if this doesnt work hes just trying to give you the boot.

alanwilson

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 11:11:33 pm »
I can't believe you could be r.sed to read the whole email!

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!