♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: £30 per hour
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 10:15:06 pm »
Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible. 8 hours a day, you may be lucky and land a good job,but what about the rest of the day.Travelling to the next job,set up and packing away ,talking to the customer,collecting,keeping records, banking. Then the weather, i know some will say they work all weathers but when its pouring its no fun and customers complain. Dole boy reads this £30 per hour and grabs a ladder and undercuts us thinking get rich quick,all this really does is get us a bad name,so why not all keep £ out of the equation to stop all the cowboys, Talk about your funerals as well as your weddings,customers who dont pay are never in and dont send envelope. Tax returns and NI and running costs,fuel etc

About £30 per hour is the last time I checked (which was a while a go) is the minimum the industry standard rate.

If you’re not making that you’re not up to standard yet, good luck.

So where did you check Ewan? where does the "minimum industry standard rate" come from?

windiewasher

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 10:15:48 pm »
i read lots of posts on here but i will say that this one is the most pointless one yet!
 What i will is that there is a lot of dreamers on here making out they earn loads of cash yet they are too tight to buy poles etc and moan about they cant afford such and such!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Steven01903

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 10:19:57 pm »
I agree with Doctorwindows ;D ;D ;D

gewindows

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 10:48:08 pm »
i read lots of posts on here but i will say that this one is the most pointless one yet!
 What i will is that there is a lot of dreamers on here making out they earn loads of cash yet they are too tight to buy poles etc and moan about they cant afford such and such!

Im the one who stated what I earn't on one day last week earlier in this thread, it wasn't an amount that was particularly any more or any less than other days last week; but I do NOT bemoan paying for decent kit either.

What annoys me is cleaners coming on here stating so and so cant be earnt because for one reason or another they cant earn that.

I couldnt earn the money I stated Ive earnt on thsi thread when I didnt have the quality work Ive got now, when I had only been cleaning for 8 or 9 years, when I was working trad, when I didnt have the confidence and belief in myself that the customers are able to appreciate, when I didnt have the passion for my work I have now, when I targeted run of the mill properties on estates, when my biggest job was worth £30 a visit, it all adds up.

I rememebr Alex Gardiner saying on here once sort out all of those numerous small and miniscule issues you have in a work sense and they all add up over the years, given time you will have a finely tuned, highly profitable and productive business. I am some way to being there I believe and continue to strive forward in the right direction.

The earnings I stated earlier in this thread were 100% true, and they were domestic not commercial.

It was 2 properties

This is the front of one, with its pool-room round the back, theres quite a lot more to it, balconies, pool-room is done in and out, a fair bit of glass to the rear of the pool-room you cant see and a large kennel/green-house with glazed roof to do as well.

and this one below

The reason I have made this post is it is undeniably poor work ethic to make a statement like this

Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible.

IMO it comes from someone with a bare minimum of experience.

peter1983

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 11:04:17 pm »
you all bang on how much u get its mad it make me ;D  it very very sad the people you clean for could come on this web page and f$$$ u 50k 60 k 70k i dont get that i dont get that in my 9 to 5 job and this w$$$ does 3 hour  work and gt this

windiewasher

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 11:20:32 pm »
The ones that make the cash don't have to spout off all the while.The real money earners are modest down to earth and hard working people that walk the walk and dont just talk the talk!
 When you see these type of posts i just think boring and sad!
 My dads bigger than your dad zzzzzzzzzz
They are just like kids in the playground!Maybe they should get out the playground and grow up peter,what you think m8?

you all bang on how much u get its mad it make me ;D  it very very sad the people you clean for could come on this web page and f$$$ u 50k 60 k 70k i dont get that i dont get that in my 9 to 5 job and this w$$$ does 3 hour  work and gt this
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 11:33:51 pm »
Matt

u run your business different to every one else, as like you have said over the last year or so, u target bigger houses and to be honest i would love to have a business like you,  but like a lot of stuff on ciu something is said and it is blown out of all porpotions, with it cant be true they must be lying

i average 18 an hour and one day last week had a lad with me and did about 180 in 6 hours might not sound like a lot to some on here, but i am happy earning what i earnt and so was he, to many people are jealous of other people on here

i know a wc on here that has to make 2 grand a week to pay the bills, but to some this would be BS as no one can earn that in a week window cleaning, but he does, and good on him as that is the way he is taking his business

gewindows

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 11:41:59 pm »
Do I really run my business that different to others on here?

Maybe I do, news to me though.

Perhaps thats why it is the way it is.

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 11:44:46 pm »
from what i have seen yes, as you go for big houses and a lot on here are happy with the front of houses only, lol   but every one is different  i am no where near you in business terms but i am happy  and i think a lot on here aint happy, as they think they should be making 300 a day as that is what they read when they thought of becoming a wc

Paul Coleman

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 11:47:00 pm »

Well both can be true.  I earn a decent hourly turnover rate but am heavily indebted from the days before I was earning that type of money.  So yes, I earn pretty well but, because more money than I would wish goes on debt repayments, I do have to run a tight ship.

gewindows

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 11:51:38 pm »
i think a lot on here aint happy,

Good point. Patience is a virtue.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2010, 01:16:47 am »

Im the one who stated what I earn't on one day last week earlier in this thread, it wasn't an amount that was particularly any more or any less than other days last week; but I do NOT bemoan paying for decent kit either.

What annoys me is cleaners coming on here stating so and so cant be earnt because for one reason or another they cant earn that.

I couldnt earn the money I stated Ive earnt on thsi thread when I didnt have the quality work Ive got now, when I had only been cleaning for 8 or 9 years, when I was working trad, when I didnt have the confidence and belief in myself that the customers are able to appreciate, when I didnt have the passion for my work I have now, when I targeted run of the mill properties on estates, when my biggest job was worth £30 a visit, it all adds up.

I rememebr Alex Gardiner saying on here once sort out all of those numerous small and miniscule issues you have in a work sense and they all add up over the years, given time you will have a finely tuned, highly profitable and productive business. I am some way to being there I believe and continue to strive forward in the right direction.

The earnings I stated earlier in this thread were 100% true, and they were domestic not commercial.

It was 2 properties

This is the front of one, with its pool-room round the back, theres quite a lot more to it, balconies, pool-room is done in and out, a fair bit of glass to the rear of the pool-room you cant see and a large kennel/green-house with glazed roof to do as well.

and this one below

The reason I have made this post is it is undeniably poor work ethic to make a statement like this

Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible.

IMO it comes from someone with a bare minimum of experience.
a very nice property to av on yr books indeed
gud sum excellent work my self , sticking my neck on ere 30 an hour is easy
3 x 3bed semis an hour i cud n wud do more trad fact end ov  :o :o :o :o :o
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

windowswashed

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2010, 02:03:41 am »
Only two ways to earn a good wage:

1. work efficiently
2 Price wisely

Steven01903

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2010, 09:08:45 am »
I think that has about covered the £30 per hour subject  ::)

roundbuilder

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2010, 09:22:04 am »
surely though it depends where in the country you are. I am lucky to live in the london area and can charge pretty much what i like as aposed to some1 living up north where i see guys stillcharging as little as 5 pound for a 3bed house.

End of day if your living comfortable then you are doing something right.. If your struggling then its simple full your finger out your arse and do more work even an extra half hour a day adds up to a lot at the end of the week. I dont work for an hourly rate i try hit a day rate and work however many hours it takes to hit the target.

Londoner

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 09:29:15 am »
Would you guys PLEASE stop discussing earnings on the forum.

Dave Anderson

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2010, 12:35:59 pm »
This topic has been 're-energised' many times and I should imagine it will arise many times again in the future...FACT is we all to some degree want to know how others are doing whether it is because we are starting out and want to know what's 'right' or whether were a seasoned veteran wanting to see if what we have achieved is 'right' or achievable.

Love it or hate it...pricing/hr rates will always be a matter of interest.

30 an hour..easy peasy now 60 an hour is the target ;D

Love, hugs & Kisses  :-* Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Nigel Lee

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2010, 03:17:56 pm »
The truth as I see it, is that as in most trades, there is a large variation in what people earn.  I think the North/South divide in terms of cost of living is a bit of a myth - with the exception of London.  In short there is more money to be made in the South generally, end of.  More disposable income.  Obviously there are exceptions but as a general rule...

There are always going to be haters who don't believe the money can be made, because they can't or aren't making it.  For well established businesses £30 p/h is a piece of cake, some make more than that.  There are others starting out making £10 p/h.  I don't know what it is with all the fuss over noobs starting up.  If you have a good relationships with your customers, and you work in the right areas, a few quid saved is nothing compared to having a reliable window cleaner who does a good job.  If its a fear to you something is wrong with your business.

In summary many of us are making in excess of £30 p/h.  It takes experience and time to reach that figure day to day, and perhaps most importantly business sense.  Really though, if your bothered about noobs reading this your business is fragile.

ronnie paton

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2010, 03:37:27 pm »
I can't believe some ones finally shut ewan up......ssssshhhhhhhsssssshhhhhh :)

peter1983

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2010, 04:43:33 pm »
sad o stop tell ever 1 what u take home