LWC

Whoever told us about the harris pole...
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:12:33 am »
...is a genious  ;D

My last one lasted 9 months or maybe more i cant really remember, and the only thing that went on it was the top clamp didnt tighter up enough, so down to b & q another £15, 5 mins with drill and saw and another one made up.

Whoever told us this i love you and am proposing we get married and live a happy life together on some desert island. Youve saved me £100's!

Lots of love,
Matt

XxX

AuRavelling79

Re: Whoever told us about the harris pole...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:35:04 am »
You like women with bald heads and beards?? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:40:42 am »
It was Groundhog. Or Bushpig as I like to call him. ;D

I may try one of those poles myself, but it's not saving hundreds, merely £5 over my last pole...

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 08:59:45 am »
how long can you make the harris poles?

i need a 25 footer for regular domestics as 18 ft is not long enough for the windows above sloping roofs or certain conservatories on my particular round.

the 25ft hydra is fine for now but it was 153quid inclu VAT and delivery.

how rigid are they and what are the clamps like?

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:12:11 am »
I made my first one last week for conservatory cleans and it is a brilliant light weight pole.

LWC

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:00:57 am »
I heard you can put a section 3 (?) of a harris pole on end, i have yet to do this...can anyone confirm this?

Would make the pole £30 ish (plus bruch etc) then daz, as the section is about £15 i think...maybe more now.

mci services

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 12:11:59 pm »
I heard you can put a section 3 (?) of a harris pole on end, i have yet to do this...can anyone confirm this?

Would make the pole £30 ish (plus bruch etc) then daz, as the section is about £15 i think...maybe more now.

if you take the handle off you can slide the no 5 section from a unger tele pole on i think it gives you 24 feet. i will measure it later
i have two harris poles one with the unger section and a carbon fibre pole in my van for higher

LWC

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 12:28:21 pm »
i have supalite 60ft as back up but sometimes a pain when im just out of reach. An extra length on harris would be great.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 02:11:09 pm »
I bought 2 Harris poles the one I use a standered with thw other I remove the 3 section with becomes an extention of the standerd one and the section 1+2 i reduce in length and use as a 4 foot pole.You will need a piece id a poles I used a curtain rail as a universal sec to join the 2 no 3 .THis sec will be modular.

LWC

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 03:12:39 pm »
...is a genious  ;D

My last one lasted 9 months or maybe more i cant really remember, and the only thing that went on it was the top clamp didnt tighter up enough, so down to b & q another £15, 5 mins with drill and saw and another one made up.

Whoever told us this i love you and am proposing we get married and live a happy life together on some desert island. Youve saved me £100's!

Lots of love,
Matt

XxX

Make’s you wonder why people bother with Carbon Fibre Poles and Shorter Section Poles.

Makes me wonder how much time you lost in 9 Months.

Wonder how much money that equates to, depends on your hourly rate I suppose. Still you wonder is it going to be a lot more than the savings you made using your Harris.

What the hell are you going on about???

R W C™

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 03:24:05 pm »
...is a genious  ;D

Lots of love,
Matt

XxX

Make’s you wonder why people bother with Carbon Fibre Poles and Shorter Section Poles.

Makes me wonder how much time you lost in 9 Months.

Wonder how much money that equates to, depends on your hourly rate I suppose. Still you wonder is it going to be a lot more than the savings you made using your Harris.

I totally agree with you Ewan, I said this a long time ago, I recon I could do a extra job a day with a slx compared to a Harris user, I got slated for it but the clamps are so much easier on a slx and its so light for windows above a conservatorie also I got the 25ft so I never have to change poles weather it be a bungalow or town house so it stays connected to the hose all day long  ;D

tomy jackson

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 03:37:58 pm »
ww sers vid but it wos mat

LWC

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 04:54:23 pm »
I havent lost any time using it and dont get what your getting at? I would go as far as saying its a better pole than all the xtels i used to use at £120 + a pop which would ware after a few months use and snap.

The harris pole would never snap. Im not a tight wad, ive got a £800 pole for goodness sake so its not about money pitching. But if somethings works this well...why spend more money.

The harris is ideal for your most average properties, and RWC, i challenge you to a race, with your lack of knowledge window cleaning il wipe the floor with you, with my harris pole  ;D :P ;D

mci services

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 05:06:30 pm »
i have a harris that is just over a year old and i have no problems with the clamps because i do not use them ;D i use it clampless. the other with the unger the clamps get used only if I am using at full extension and thats been going strong for 6 months. and i have a carbon fibre modular for anything higher

I have used wfp supplied poles and they are frankly badly designed/heavy/to long and not practical. Now I am not saying all wfp supplied poles are like that but a lot are

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 05:10:33 pm »
great Poles, the harris.....but i am not allowed to say what its done for my business.....some rule about not touting for business on this forum (which i now agree with DAVE ::))

i have ADAPTED to the rule. 8)

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 05:16:07 pm »
Stu-Mac,not using clamps.How does it work,keeping the sections
Extended is what I mean ?
Hope you`ll reply,thanks in advance.

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

LQQK

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 05:22:58 pm »

Lots of love,
Matt

XxX

In response to the opening query, I believe if my memory serves me well, it was Ewan.

mci services

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 05:29:48 pm »

Lewis  Doubtfire

just hold the hose at the bottom mate. use a strong pole hose and a little adapter i bought from scrimmy. and yes the brush will spin if you force it but it is absolutely fine in normal use you can see the adapter at www.wfpshop.co.uk its the only thing of any use he sells ;D

LWC

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 05:30:49 pm »
Its ideal closed for ground floor. Have you seen another harris pole or something, i use one pole day in day out, the harris, bar like i say some 3rd floor ones just outta my reach. Its 17ft pole and with my reach i could get just over 20ft. To be fair most windows are no higher than that!

LWC

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 05:32:26 pm »

Lewis  Doubtfire

just hold the hose at the bottom mate. use a strong pole hose and a little adapter i bought from scrimmy. and yes the brush will spin if you force it but it is absolutely fine in normal use you can see the adapter at www.wfpshop.co.uk its the only thing of any use he sells ;D

Why tho? Why not just use the clamps?