Dave Willis

What about cash?
« on: March 31, 2020, 07:06:03 pm »
If working are you refusing cash completely?
Are you buying food with it?
What about the cash in your home?

p1w1

Re: What about cash?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:29:39 pm »
I use it as toilet paper, easier to get hold of.

Missing Link

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 07:50:15 pm »

I paid my cash into my bank (via the post office).
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 07:58:45 pm »
I’m taking it with gloves , it gets offed in an envelope and used for fuel and shopping on the way home , I don’t get paid much so it’s easy to get rid of
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 08:10:02 pm »

most of my customers have converted to BACS now Dave...i implemented this before xmas to eliminate evening collecting,a few standing orders and im using my card machine more when out and about.....the contactless limit has been increased to £45 from tomorrow which will help in reducing contact....i also take payments over the phone for some customers....

i do except cash though as some customers are stuck in there ways......one of my customers gave me £50 in a sealed clear
 plastic bag yesterday while wearing a mask and rubber gloves,she also cleaned the money with some detergent spray and even sprayed the outside of the bag before handing it me....... ;D

today i earned £220 and only got £18 in cash....

i think its very hard to go totally cash free.......
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 08:12:13 pm »

ive not had to do that for years now......also the days of putting in 15 cheques a week and having to wait 8 days for the money to clear in my bank account! ;D

Missing Link

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 08:20:03 pm »

ive not had to do that for years now......also the days of putting in 15 cheques a week and having to wait 8 days for the money to clear in my bank account! ;D

Neither do I, I just usually spend my cash. ;D

Rarely get cheques though.  And when I do, they sit around for ages till I get them into the bank.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 08:20:44 pm »
i normally use any cash for buying food and filling up the van......i always have around £100 "float" on me when out and about (even though i dont go evening collecting anymore!).....its more of a habit than anything else

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 08:46:29 pm »
What I’m getting at obviously is the virus being passed on. I wear gloves but it can transfer to the gloves. It goes in my wallet, the coins go in my back pocket. I use it to shop with too. Supermarkets take it, petrol stations too.
I could chuck the coins in a bucket of disinfectant in the van but not the notes. (would be money laundering anyway).

zesty

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 08:58:37 pm »

Neither do I, I just usually spend my cash. ;D

Rarely get cheques though.  And when I do, they sit around for ages till I get them into the bank.

I love getting cheques, particularly if the customer is the type to forget to pay online.

It’s easy for me, cos I can pay cheques in online with my banking app .

I like to get the money there and then to avoid the customer forgetting, so cash/cheque is always great.

I probably need to actually implement go cardless.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 09:42:44 pm »
What I’m getting at obviously is the virus being passed on. I wear gloves but it can transfer to the gloves. It goes in my wallet, the coins go in my back pocket. I use it to shop with too. Supermarkets take it, petrol stations too.
I could chuck the coins in a bucket of disinfectant in the van but not the notes. (would be money laundering anyway).

the new polymer notes can be chucked in with the coins Dave i think......i get what you saying....cash is a risk for all sorts of germs including CV.......

Don Kee

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 09:58:31 pm »
I’ve been out this week.

Refused any cash (I have messaged all the customers prior though) , it’s been a decent excuse to get people over to BACS that haven’t bothered in the past.

If you’re worried then you obviously think you shouldn’t take cash...so don’t.

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:07 pm »
Shops etc, i use card or my phone (contactless)

I have a very small handful of clients who pay by cash and thankfully its either coins or plastic notes.
In the van I have several cleaning products, either one will kill the virus and if we are keeping to washing our hands, then you guys do as well.
I have a tin which it goes into but before it does, it will get a spray and a clean first. Afterwards my hands are cleaned and all is good, back to work I go. (Dont harp on about making it complicated, it doesnt take that long at all, seconds in fact)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Col

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 10:13:34 pm »
Always paid cash in the shops.
I had pockets of the stuff to get rid off and my jeans would be hanging down like someone a hell of a lot younger than myself and had remembered to put on a pair of boxers from Armani rather than Aldi.
I was in my local store earlier and paid cash as was under £20 .
I felt dirty squinting at the guy behind the hastily hanging piece of perspex and his glaringly lack of disposable Ppe as I asked if they still took cash.
He tried to crack a smile as he said yes but I knew...
The change was placed down on the counter for me to pick up.
I had just cut my nails this morning as I had nothing to rush out the door for and as I tried to fumble the change back in my pocket I just knew things had changed.
Take care and stay safe.

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 10:19:55 pm »
Shops etc, i use card or my phone (contactless)

I have a very small handful of clients who pay by cash and thankfully its either coins or plastic notes.
In the van I have several cleaning products, either one will kill the virus and if we are keeping to washing our hands, then you guys do as well.
I have a tin which it goes into but before it does, it will get a spray and a clean first. Afterwards my hands are cleaned and all is good, back to work I go. (Dont harp on about making it complicated, it doesnt take that long at all, seconds in fact)
Clients don't pay by cash.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NBwcs

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 11:20:02 pm »

the new polymer notes can be chucked in with the coins Dave i think......i get what you saying....cash is a risk for all sorts of germs including CV.......

Ive probably gone a little over the top but ive got a little system  im fairly happy with though  many will probably think its too much of a flap. I have what id call a two wallet one way system. Monday night i literally put all my notes and coins in an old ice cream container and left them them to soak in about half inch of dettol. Dryed them off with a bit of kitchen towel and put them in my wallet. Today went out with this and another old empty wallet, all incoming cash went into the empty wallet and stayed there (till i got home where again notes and coins were disinfected) any change for customers came out of the "sterile" wallet . I  wear two pairs of gloves, a pair of latex with work gloves on top, when it comes to exchanging cash i take the work gloves off so only the latex gloves touch the money then immediately put work gloves back on without touching anything else with the latex glove . Its not foolproof , and i know i still have to touch the sterile notes albeit as little as possible holding notes by the corner but i feel better about it and its got to be better than just passing round unsterilized cash which could have been anywhere. I should point out that i encourage payment by bacs 1st and foremost but plenty of custys particularly the old ones  want to pay cash in which case i ask for the correct change but failing this at least im giving them "clean" money and not touching or spreading the cash theyve given me.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 07:21:44 am »
I use it as toilet paper, easier to get hold of.

;D