daz1977

where can i buy a gutter vac?
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:21:32 am »
have looked e-bay and google and cant find any where that sells one,  got lots of web sits just on gutters  but can find on that will actually sell me a gutter vac?

if any one knows of a place or website this would be great

thanks 

daz1977

Re: where can i buy a gutter vac?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:27:58 am »
cheers  thats what i was looking for

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 09:40:58 am »
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 02:23:56 pm »
anyone use the polar brite one is it any good...

paul

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 02:58:54 pm »
I don't much care for the idea of using a pole to hold up a vacuum hose. It seems like a lot of weight to be waving around in the air. Interesting to note that omnivac started using that idea and have now moved on.

I notice that they use a Numatic WVD900-2 vacuum. This is a 2400 watt machine and certainly tough enough for the job.

I LOVE their agitation tool, though. Use that to quickly go along the gutter and break up any clumps and then the vacuuming will be MUCH faster.

windowashing

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 04:15:15 pm »
I don't much care for the idea of using a pole to hold up a vacuum hose. It seems like a lot of weight to be waving around in the air. Interesting to note that omnivac started using that idea and have now moved on.

I notice that they use a Numatic WVD900-2 vacuum. This is a 2400 watt machine and certainly tough enough for the job.

I LOVE their agitation tool, though. Use that to quickly go along the gutter and break up any clumps and then the vacuuming will be MUCH faster.

What do you use for gutters Wally?

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 04:35:35 pm »
I have been using a scoop and just chucking the stuff over the sides and then hosing down. It's messy and quite time-consuming.

I'm just preparing myself to DIY a vacuum system. It will almost certainly be based on the same machine that polarbrite use - the Numatic WVD900-2. I've used the 1200 version working for someone else and it's an awesome machine. And IMO you simply cannot beat Numatic for toughness, build quality and longevity.

This is the best I've found so far for the vac machine: http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=616

Steve Lowe

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 04:45:19 pm »
Hi Wally

I have used an Omnivac from day one and that has three motors and struggles at times. A guttervac based on that machine would be a waste of your money.

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

windowashing

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 05:03:45 pm »
What sort of work were you doing with the 1200w one wally?

What Height,

What diameter  and type of pipe were you using?

I'm really interested in the way you are doing it, and have been wondering for a while whether it would work.

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 05:08:44 pm »
Hi Wally

I have used an Omnivac from day one and that has three motors and struggles at times. A guttervac based on that machine would be a waste of your money.

Steve

Not true, this has been field tested and has yet to struggle, aswell as not ONE customer calling us at Polarbrite to complain about suction issues, and i've said it before why compare two products that are so different in price, both have their place, and any one buying a wvd for a diy good choice, just remember the cuff fit cyclone inlet is only made for Polarbrite, however we sell all items seprate, no problem with DIY lovers here!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 05:16:49 pm »
The 1200 was indoor work clearing up minor flooding.

I note Steve's reply, and I'm sure that he's right for his own mixed domestic and commercial work.

However, I'm looking at domestic only so I guess that a 2400 watt will be quite enough - especially if the solid bits are broken up beforehand.

Consider:

1 - Steve obviously knows more about it than I do. His experience and knowledge is worth several hundred times more than my best guess.

2 - Polarbrite look like a smart company. I'm certainly impressed with the design of their ancillary gear. If they use the WVD900-2, there must be a reason for it.

So you have conflicting views there!

Don't you just love these fora? (Or should that be forums?)

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 05:20:04 pm »

... however we sell all items seprate, no problem with DIY lovers here!!!

Excellent. Some others seem to despise us. I've made a decision based entirely on that posting that I'm going to buy my extension hose etc from you.

windowashing

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 05:29:48 pm »

... however we sell all items seprate, no problem with DIY lovers here!!!

Excellent. Some others seem to despise us. I've made a decision based entirely on that posting that I'm going to buy my extension hose etc from you.

Are you going to clip the flexible hose to the top of your WFP as the polar brite one is?

If so, let me know how it is, as I would love to know.

I bet it'll be absolutely fine for the odd domestic job as you say!  8)

Steve Lowe

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 05:37:10 pm »
Hi Wally

Sorry if my last post came over wrong but that is my opinion and we clean gutters every week. But most are commercial and high so i guess it depends on what you are trying to clean .  

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 05:46:31 pm »
Hi Wally

Sorry if my last post came over wrong but that is my opinion and we clean gutters every week. But most are commercial and high so i guess it depends on what you are trying to clean .  

Steve

Not at all. I'm full of respect for you and your opinion. You're doing it and making money at it. I'm only thinking about it right now.

I apologise if I appeared to be dissing you. Nothing could be more distant from the truth.

Are you going to clip the flexible hose to the top of your WFP as the polar brite one is?

If so, let me know how it is, as I would love to know.

I bet it'll be absolutely fine for the odd domestic job as you say!  8)

I'm also full of respect for Polarbrite. Their engineering looks first-class. BUT, I don't much like the idea of holding up the weight of a pole plus a hose.

My plan is to make a modular tube pretty similar to what Omnivac have progressed to and to attach the hose to the bottom of that. I've cobbled together a prototype and it works absolutely fine. The next step is to concentrate on making another prototype which will be better engineered to be more effective.

Of course, safety is another big factor as well. Joints etc have to be strong and pretty rigid. You don't want a 5 m long jointed tube coming apart and going through a conservatory rook or landing on a push chair!

ftp

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 05:49:57 pm »
How can I get a picture of the agitation tool please?
When I click on enlarge I get a massive picture of a van roof.

Have to say those prices are brilliant

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 05:55:17 pm »
How can I get a picture of the agitation tool please?
When I click on enlarge I get a massive picture of a van roof.

Have to say those prices are brilliant
I am sitting here wondering the same thing ftp. even saved the pic and still cant see it ???
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 05:58:59 pm »
I get a smiley pop up too  >:(

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 06:00:34 pm »
Hope this isn't going to get me into copyright trouble!!!