Jon-scwindows

Re: Where are you, and how did you get there?
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 03:12:27 pm »
sorry luke im not sure , see my website hoster site builder allready had the links and buttons for paypal you could simply choose, im sure on the paypal website if you log in and go on the help, it will tell you how to add buttons to your website.

Kwackers

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 03:14:17 pm »
Thanks for input.

I pay £1,800 Third Party on my Sprinter, nice aye!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 03:41:33 pm »
Yes you can pay monthly but it will cost you more for the privilage, try and get all the money together. And dont forget to get breakdown cover, if you break down on the motorway or anywhere the Police or Highway people will move your van and charge you alot, so get some breakdown cover, Luke

I use CVD for insurance (don't know what they are like for younger drivers).  Breakdown cover is built in with them.

Ian W

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 03:43:23 pm »
Wow Kwackers, that sounds horrendous.

Anyway, I started part-time. Have quickly built up £400 worth of business through referrals and a little canvassing, now I am just at that point where I may have to start reducing my full-time hours to build up the business more.

Persistence counts a lot with this I think.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2007, 03:45:02 pm »
will go to PayPals website and look, Luke
if you get stuck give me a call  ;)

Ian W

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2007, 07:17:23 pm »
Luke, what is your e-mail address? I will send you the instructions I wrote.
Ian
Charles Dickens

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 07:19:23 pm »
rupert9the9hair9@aol9.com, just remove the nines when typing it in, and thank you very much for the help!, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Ian W

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 08:04:06 pm »
Sent.
Charles Dickens

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 08:05:23 pm »
well, thank you very much!!!! thats a great help mate! luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Ian W

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 09:34:33 pm »
No worries mate
Charles Dickens

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 09:39:22 pm »
thanks, Luke

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 09:52:30 pm »
Just wondered how you lot are finding building up the business, and how far you've come.

I've been going a few months, after been sacked at my last job, due to loosing my driving licence :(

So how do you get around without a driving license to clean window ? How do you carry all your gear?

gary evans

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 11:55:10 am »
Where am i, not where i want to be, but, i am having a big push at moment for new work & contracts

Constantly expanding & looking at new areas of work ie, gutters etc.

Hope to get 2 new vans on road in new year, with large contracts that are currently available to tender. Working hard to tender, price up & work on van some how. This week done 60 hours mon-fri, 10 sat & in today sunday at 7 finish ? when i get of this site & back to work after coffee break.

Some members on here with good business, a couple of big ones, but i,m looking to get reasonable sized. 3 wc vans 6 + blokes & then expand into cleaning contracts, been unable to take on some jobs, worth good money, so hopefully that side will be more organised in new year.

Here,s to the NEW YEAR.

Gary

Simonhammer

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 12:03:46 pm »
Started in June by leafleting through peoples doors when delivering their post. Now have 40 customers which is £550 per month. Once I get to about £800 - £1000 per month I will drop the Royal Mail and go full time.

Plan for next year...expand and possibly move over to wfp. We'll see.
Glass Act window cleaning

Rob_Mac

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 04:24:45 pm »
jonrob

Certainly not anywhere near the amount of customers we will be taking on in the next couple of years and nowwhere near the biggest round I've heard of - 1200 customers was one but I also saw one on the telly that was worth £5000000 per year - two brothers down south and around London.

Just keep doing what your doing and offering an excellent service and you will turn round with a 1000 customers one day.

Good luck

Rob ;D

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 04:39:01 pm »
jonrob

Certainly not anywhere near the amount of customers we will be taking on in the next couple of years and nowwhere near the biggest round I've heard of - 1200 customers was one but I also saw one on the telly that was worth £5000000 per year - two brothers down south and around London.

Just keep doing what your doing and offering an excellent service and you will turn round with a 1000 customers one day.

Good luck

Rob ;D
about 20000 is the most I have heard about, and the guy is doing quite well now

5 million a year  :o :o :o :o :o I think you go that wrong, or I read it wrong, 2 people could never do that window cleaning on their own.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 04:57:10 pm »
I don't get many things wrong and those stats are certainly correct. Do you think I clean all of our business on my own ???

Rob ;D

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 05:15:50 pm »
I don't get many things wrong and those stats are certainly correct. Do you think I clean all of our business on my own ???

Rob ;D
would not know Rob, I do not know you or your business.

marc

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »
 i now have one person full time and looking for some one part time next year ,hard work a bit of luck and being in the right place at the right time i thinks lol   marc

gary evans

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 07:12:53 pm »
Hallo Rob (Midas) yours being one of the ones i mentioned earlier, Trevor Knight the one with 1200 + customers the other, Dave st Ives another.

I,ll have been going 20 years next year, & still want to change & improve its an area of growing business easily without to much hasle of other busines,s in the commercial sector.

Gary