Rosshughes

Canvasser Needed
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:21:36 pm »
Looking for a canvasser to build a round.

Pureclean Essex Services

Re: Canvasser Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 09:23:45 pm »
I'd be a bit wary of going down that road mate, I had an arrangement with a canvasser to view some work he had canvassed in the Essex area last weekend, it was £500 pounds worth of work, he wanted 2x, said to give him a call Saturday to arrange meet, kept ringing but no one was answering, was a bit wary about buying the work though, he wanted to know if I was cheap with my pricing, so not sure if the work could have been under priced, then he wanted to meet in the local Asda car park, as if you going to do a deal like that.
I know from canvassing the area that it's pretty sown up round them parts, but he was claiming to be getting around £400 pound a night, and £2000 for 1 windy in the area, don't get me wrong, not all canvassers are bad, just be careful as the guarantee is not worth the paper it's wrote on.

Brian.

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 10:04:22 pm »
I'd be a bit wary of going down that road mate, I had an arrangement with a canvasser to view some work he had canvassed in the Essex area last weekend, it was £500 pounds worth of work, he wanted 2x, said to give him a call Saturday to arrange meet, kept ringing but no one was answering, was a bit wary about buying the work though, he wanted to know if I was cheap with my pricing, so not sure if the work could have been under priced, then he wanted to meet in the local Asda car park, as if you going to do a deal like that.
I know from canvassing the area that it's pretty sown up round them parts, but he was claiming to be getting around £400 pound a night, and £2000 for 1 windy in the area, don't get me wrong, not all canvassers are bad, just be careful as the guarantee is not worth the paper it's wrote on.

Brian.

What was they guys name that was selling the work? I saw some on gum tree in Chelmsford sounds like the same guy

Pureclean Essex Services

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 11:01:46 pm »
Yep that's the guy Lee, it was the Chelmsford work I was after, not sure what went on, but I wanted to meet next day to view the round, it was his decision to meet on the Saturday so he could get it all in order, rang him about 3/4 times, no answer, so I didn't bother in the end, maybe he had a better offer ???, just noticed he's back on Gumtree with more work in Essex.

Brian.

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 11:24:37 pm »
Do you know what his name was? I used a canvasser last year, just wondered if it was the same guy

Pureclean Essex Services

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 06:34:58 pm »
Do you know what his name was? I used a canvasser last year, just wondered if it was the same guy

Not sure, but think it might have been Dan.

j pearce

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 05:48:00 pm »
I was interested in that Springfield work also, same thing as you never got back to me after I asked a few questions didn't want to know , I was worried about the work being underpriced and or forcefully hard selling and undercutting fellow windies , most canvassers just want another house on the list and then move on pronto

Pureclean Essex Services

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »
I was interested in that Springfield work also, same thing as you never got back to me after I asked a few questions didn't want to know , I was worried about the work being underpriced and or forcefully hard selling and undercutting fellow windies , most canvassers just want another house on the list and then move on pronto

when I spoke to him first off, I said I was surprised that he was picking up that amount of work as it's pretty sown up round them parts, he started saying that one windy had died, one hurt his back and had to give up his work and so on, had all the chat, alarm bells were starting to ring, and then you get a gut feeling, so I wasn't about to part with a grand in an Asda car park after driving round a few houses, think he must have thought he'd hooked one in, when he realised he hadn't he moved on to the next, just wondering if he actually managed to mug anyone off, or was it for real ???.

Brian

James..

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 11:41:49 pm »
Not all canvassers are bad news ya know! Ive canvassed locally, for other cleaners before, however im not so keen to do Colchester as i clean some runs here myself now.
I would be happy however to Canvass some Clacton work for you? Send me an inbox, and i can call tomorrow to discuss areas and requirements. Regards, Jim