NWH

Re: £300 a day easy!
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2008, 09:09:20 pm »
Tony when i first started reading your posts you were as blunt as they come and thought of numptyodys feelings newbies or not,i can remember you telling newbies not to buy C*** poles and buy a facelift from the start just like me.Bragging can often be confused with honesty to.

macmac

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2008, 09:10:21 pm »
That`s not what you were saying Tony,you was saying basically that i`m a liar i`ve only got a connect van and have a average round handed down from my dad,couldn`t be further from the truth that.

I'm only going on your words dude, if i'm wrong then tell us what is right. you do only have a connect btw but tell everyone else to buy a brand new vivario. so, where's your brand new vivario? surely on your money it would be brand new transit/vivario etc every 3 years?

Tony

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2008, 09:10:54 pm »
Don't you see guys, if your cleaning the same amount of houses a day as i do then you must be earning double to treble what i earn which means over £300 a day £1500 a week, heading towards eighty thousand a year not counting any off days. This is what i was trying to put to Groundhog before he exploded. So every windowcleaner in Tunbridge wells would therefore be VAT registered.
 When i stated my price at the beginning nobody asked what area i lived in. People like Groundhog just jumped straight in to say they wouldn't even get out of the van for such a poor price. His prices are three times mine so his earnings must be treble mine too?

macmac

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2008, 09:14:07 pm »
Tony when i first started reading your posts you were as blunt as they come and thought of numptyodys feelings newbies or not,i can remember you telling newbies not to buy C*** poles and buy a facelift from the start just like me.Bragging can often be confused with honesty to.

Correct, still stand by it, newbies- don't buy crap poles, buy good ones as these are real investments that make a real difference to your every day working life. where as buying a big new van with a flashy hot wfp system does not bring you in any more work, any quicker than a decent van with a cold diy wfp system.  ;)

Tony

Davo

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2008, 09:15:27 pm »
I can do over £600 in a day

There ya go!!!! .... Is it Mr Morris's turn to be pulled to bits now????

From my point of view that post does look like a statement of fact rather than a hair brained hypothesis.

Mark

I can or I do? & if so could you do it every day of every week for the rest of your working life?

No doubt dave can earn that amount in 1 day but i'm still waiting for a reply to the above. Don't drift off into dreamland just yet davo ;)

Tony

Whos in dream land???..... I dont give a monkeys what you earn or dont earn...either way you arent gonna give me any of it are you??

Sometimes the main restriction on your pricing isnt the competition its the doubt in your own mind, just because you know what the cheapest window cleaner may charge in your area doesnt mean the customer does.

It just seams to be the same "realists" on every post who shout down other cleaners and their earnings.

If someone gets more for a job than you, good for them, you base your judgement of the honesty of their post on what you have read in the past. You will either act on  the information or you wont.

One last point, many cleaners on here give me the impression that if you charge more than £60 an hour you belong on crimewatch, or trading standards should be notified.

Profit is not a dirty word.
Mark

NWH

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2008, 09:16:23 pm »
That`s not what you were saying Tony,you was saying basically that i`m a liar i`ve only got a connect van and have a average round handed down from my dad,couldn`t be further from the truth that.

I'm only going on your words dude, if i'm wrong then tell us what is right. you do only have a connect btw but tell everyone else to buy a brand new vivario. so, where's your brand new vivario? surely on your money it would be brand new transit/vivario etc every 3 years?

Tony
To be absolutely honest at the moment i`m to busy,i`m going to have to strip out the old van and get it all put in the new one and it`ll take a week in all with speedlining etc,the vivaro or trafic is in my opinion the best van for our work i`ll stick by that statement but like i said i got the connect on a whim there and then so that`s that.I`ll get the new van kitted out when i`m in Antigua for a fortnight LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2008, 09:24:41 pm »
I would never quote my best day and use that as a standard.

macmac

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2008, 09:33:20 pm »
I would never quote my best day and use that as a standard.

Av said my bit & (although it may not seem like it today) i respect you dude. I'm far from perfect but am compelled to have my rant! :-*

Tony

jonah

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2008, 09:34:58 pm »
Calm down dear its only a forum !"   Think the problem with any forum is no one likes a big head  ;)   We need some one who we can relate to or is like us  ( just check out the post that Dai made and all the responses )  windowashers and daveshaw and matt and of course Dai spring to mind .  When it gets personal you need to take a time out   ;D  

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2008, 09:43:43 pm »
no offence squeeky but i work in the royal tunbridge wells area and you live in south wales i should have been a little more specific about living in the south lol
It's wrong though really isn't it?

I live in Chepstow, not deepest darkest Newport, and our house prices are among the highest in Britain outside of West London.(official).
It's no more expensive in your area for living, I've got family near Heathfield, and had a look in the estate agents.

Yet we can't get prices that you can. :(
Sqeaky heathfield is one of the cheapest areas to live outside Tunbridge Wells,you`ll get a house there for £200,000-£250,000.Beleive me outside of Heathfield you`ll be lucky to get housed at all for less than £400,000 if you want just a little bit of garden,surrounding areas of T.wells detatched houses are £650,000 + so when your talking doing these kind of houses for £12-15 it`s a joke,alan will back me up on all i`ve said.
I didn't actually mean in Heathfield, agreed it's not that special.
In the country near Horam actually, but the prices aren't much different to where I live.

« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2008, 09:47:11 pm »
the question is £300 a day easy no of cousre not its bloody hard work and only acheivable for me if i start at 7.30 on the glass and i also need atleast 1 £50 house and nothing much under £20 and i will be done by 3.30 the thing is like it or not once you,ve done it it raises your expectations , for sure your limitations are set by how young and how fit you are but equally its about your perception of the area you live in and if you,ve got the balls to ask for the top money for that area

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2008, 10:11:19 pm »
ive never earnt £300 in a day , but reckon it could be done . i have good rounds and not so good but over a year the £s add up . its better than being in a factory , being my own boss is worth more than £300 a day i still make a good living and thats the main thing .  :)
where theres muck theres money

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2008, 10:20:04 pm »
ive never earnt £300 in a day , but reckon it could be done . i have good rounds and not so good but over a year the £s add up . its better than being in a factory , being my own boss is worth more than £300 a day i still make a good living and thats the main thing . :)
exactly ;D ;D enough how much i earned today crap  ;D who really cares ???(unless you want some advice about earning more,of course ;D)

matt

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2008, 10:44:18 pm »
Groundhog i know exactly where your coming from mate and by not coming back on here your only depriving others of your knowledge and wisdom,there`s a couple of people on here that are not anywhere near  our dizzy heights of earnings lol and it buggs the hell out of them when they hear that someones earning more,try and let it go mate and don`t rise to the bate that`s what there after just do what i do and sit back and smile. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

here is a pure example of

" look at me, i can earn more then you, thus your not worthy of a place in the window cleaners hall of fame , im better than you "

really sad, it really is

tosh has made a few posts on this thread, your earning in 12 months must have gone through the roof  ::) ::)

this place really makes me laugh

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2008, 10:52:47 pm »
smileys i rarely use........ :-*
clocks change soon....roll on the 4 day week ;)
cheers matt(E)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2008, 10:54:41 pm »
Funny that

My earnings have gone through the roof in the last 12 months, same thing happens every year.

peter holley

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2008, 11:02:14 pm »
 :-X :-X :-X ;D

alanwilson

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2008, 11:05:11 pm »
would the mods please lock or remove this awful thread.

some new starts looking at this will be thinking theres something wrong with them for not making a zillion quid a week.

got belinda carlisle on the wireless, she was great wasn't she?
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!