bobplum

£3.75 extreme brush
« on: November 23, 2013, 02:59:31 pm »
as made by myself this afternoon ;D

I have the extreme medium brush  from Gardiner and have had it for about 5-6 months and since going to hot it is totally distorted, i know the the general consensuses is to use a stiff one but it is supposed to be able to handle temperatures up to 40c ??
so decide to buy a indoor sweeping brush fro Asda today and have now fitted it with pencil jets and attached to the Carbon goose neck have just cleaned the rear of my house and it seems to have worked fine, on hot water as well ;D

The true test will be during the week on hot but if i get 3 months out of it then its a good buy

Ian101

Re: £3.75 extreme brush
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 03:15:22 pm »
i suppose now u gone down to 4 days every penny counts  ;D

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 03:30:50 pm »
i suppose now u gone down to 4 days every penny counts  ;D

oh yes
im surprised he hasn't rang me to check details....again

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 03:56:37 pm »
Hi Bob! I used to love messing about with those household brushes; trying to find the right weigh, shape and jet configuration. Those were the days before Mr G showed us the way.

Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 05:13:55 pm »
O.M.G

You have a fetish :D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »
Looks like dazmonds brush emporium ;D

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 05:24:06 pm »
There's a lot more were they came from. :)

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

windiewasher

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 05:43:06 pm »
Whos buried Dazmonds brushes up?wheres his pole graveyard?
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

ben M

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 05:55:33 pm »
Whos buried Dazmonds brushes up?wheres his pole graveyard?
and pole hose.... ;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 06:02:45 pm »

I have the extreme medium brush  from Gardiner and have had it for about 5-6 months and since going to hot it is totally distorted, i know the the general consensuses is to use a stiff one but it is supposed to be able to handle temperatures up to 40c ??
so decide to buy a indoor sweeping brush fro Asda today and have now fitted it with pencil jets and attached to the Carbon goose neck have just cleaned the rear of my house and it seems to have worked fine, on hot water as well ;D

The true test will be during the week on hot but if i get 3 months out of it then its a good buy

That was the original Gardiner super-light, I'm not joking either!! Alex used to supply us with Bentley supermarket brushes in the early days, jetted & ready to go!! :)

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »

That was the original Gardiner super-light, I'm not joking either!! Alex used to supply us with Bentley supermarket brushes in the early days, jetted & ready to go!! :)

Still got a brand new one on the van. Thinking of palming it off to son in law as he wasn't around in those early days.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 12:02:17 pm »
now that is OTT regarding brushes!! :o ;D

im down to 12 brushes and 3 carbon poles.plenty for a one man band.
price higher/work harder!

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »
now that is OTT regarding brushes!! :o ;D

im down to 12 brushes and 3 carbon poles.plenty for a one man band.

Only four out of that lot are in the back of the van, Dazmond, along with a couple of others on shown. Most of those in the picture are a result of 10 years experimentation. The one that makes me laugh, though, is my first brush; it's the one in the middle, right at the top of the picture. Its a heavily ladened Vican weighing in at a whopping 712g, practically seven times the weight of a present day Xtreme brush. What on earth were we thinking!

s.w.c

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 08:59:20 pm »
Hi Bob! I used to love messing about with those household brushes; trying to find the right weigh, shape and jet configuration. Those were the days before Mr G showed us the way.

reminds me of my collection, lol