wayne 77

£30 per hour
« on: September 03, 2010, 09:52:01 pm »
Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible. 8 hours a day, you may be lucky and land a good job,but what about the rest of the day.Travelling to the next job,set up and packing away ,talking to the customer,collecting,keeping records, banking. Then the weather, i know some will say they work all weathers but when its pouring its no fun and customers complain. Dole boy reads this £30 per hour and grabs a ladder and undercuts us thinking get rich quick,all this really does is get us a bad name,so why not all keep £ out of the equation to stop all the cowboys, Talk about your funerals as well as your weddings,customers who dont pay are never in and dont send envelope. Tax returns and NI and running costs,fuel etc

windiewasher

Re: £30 per hour
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:41 pm »
i earn £30 a day and im happy! ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:01:15 pm »
its not just doleys that undercut a lot of other wc undercut each other just to get jobs in the area they are working just to get more work and then claim they didnt know the custy had a wc

i had it done to me the other week been working the same area as a other wc for over a year,  custy cancelled then found out he had undercut me to a £5 for a 3 bed house from £7 he claimed the custy came up to him saying her wc charges her £13

windiewasher

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 10:24:29 pm »
i price what i think is right,some i win some i lose and a lot that are after cheap cleans,i just tell them a price straight take it or leave it!
I never undercut if customer has got a wc i refuse to give a quote i say i will never take another mans work, all it does is start a price war and both wc lose out and the customer gains. we all need to stick together and show each other respect. Darren, he will soon realise it is not worth the effort and pack it in when you can say you now charge £8 as you are a regular all year round wc.
Total £  so far.

bobby p

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 10:30:08 pm »
i believe 30£per hours  possible but only after much  effort , by extending your service to include gutters and inside cleaning ,whatever you see a customer may want.  it takes a bit of charm to get the inside work ,but if i sense theyv a few quid  i try my best .  one has me doing insides almost every month,and blind cleaning too. 

gewindows

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 10:32:17 pm »
We all know this is not possible.

You know wrong mate.

mci services

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 10:33:48 pm »
Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible. 8 hours a day, you may be lucky and land a good job,but what about the rest of the day.Travelling to the next job,set up and packing away ,talking to the customer,collecting,keeping records, banking. Then the weather, i know some will say they work all weathers but when its pouring its no fun and customers complain. Dole boy reads this £30 per hour and grabs a ladder and undercuts us thinking get rich quick,all this really does is get us a bad name,so why not all keep £ out of the equation to stop all the cowboys, Talk about your funerals as well as your weddings,customers who dont pay are never in and dont send envelope. Tax returns and NI and running costs,fuel etc

can you explain why it is not possible please and why the guy who earned £205 in 4 hours is lying.

ronnie paton

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:33 pm »
i did a intial clean today, it was a smallish nursery.

they got quoted £760 i could not believe it so i halfed it and that was still over priced.

it took two guys 5 hours i just wish i could follow that other company around all its quotes i would be very happy

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:43:14 pm »
£30 an hour is possible on the right job, but not every hour,  u might have hours where you are lucky to earn a £5,  a  lot wont admit it but you do get hours like that, where nothing sems to go right   or you are working away and suddenly an hour has passed and you have hardly done any work

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:53:59 pm »

they got quoted £760 i could not believe it so i halfed it and that was still over priced.

it took two guys 5 hours i just wish i could follow that other company around all its quotes i would be very happy

thats why inital are bigger than you ronnie ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mci services

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 10:56:39 pm »

thats why inital are bigger than you ronnie ::)
;D took me a few reads to get that

ronnie paton

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:05:09 pm »
just like to say the window cleaning manager came to me for a job recently so maybe im doing some thing right :)

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 11:11:56 pm »
just like to say the window cleaning manager came to me for a job recently so maybe im doing some thing right :)
Ronnie, dont take offense I was joking fella.

I thought you had retired anyway or you going back to work again ;D

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ronnie paton

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 11:25:13 pm »
ian dont worry you have caught me in a good mood ;D

this week has been far from retired but most of the time im doing nothing ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 11:28:19 pm »
ian dont worry you have caught me in a good mood ;D

this week has been far from retired but most of the time im doing nothing ;)
Im not worried   :P

keep up the good work fella, or (non work as you do  ;D )

I am soon to be a lazy git

ronnie paton

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 07:48:14 am »
ewan you talk b s .......£30 ahour the minimum standard.

sorry mister brittish window cleaner representitive

LWC

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 07:51:36 am »
Like Darren said, £30 a hour IS possible and £50 a hour is to, but not every hour all day every day. If it was we'd be on yachts and not spending most of our time on a window cleaning forum

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 08:19:20 am »
yes £30 an hour is possible but not every hour of the day worked!(not for me anyway!)sometimes i hit £60 an hour on a few jobs here and there.also any new domestic work gets priced on £30 an hour.although now im wfp i think £30 an hour will become the norm very soon!

the truth is that your annual turnover minus expenses and times by 52 is your real wage!you ll find that its not as much as you think!

earning £30 an hour every hour is ok money for a northern window cleaner(one man band)but you d have to earn £40 a hour down south to have the same standard of living.

regional variations and the nature of your round also have an impact.if you have a lot of commercial then of course you ll be earning far more than the average window cleaner!

im aiming for £30,000+ a year over the next few years which is realistic and achievable for a one man band up north.

i had many years where i was lucky to make £12,000-£15,000!i nearly packed it in a few years ago and i lost quite a bit of work as i had a few other problems in my life.now through hard work and determination i have a new attitude towards my business and its started to get a lot better!

so yes £30 an hour is acheivable but  idont think its a fair reflection of your overall business.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

LWC

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 08:37:33 am »
Good post Daz, im starting to like you

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 08:59:00 am »
I aim for €300 per day and rarely work more than 6 hours a day.

I rarely reach that target,.. but I would consider £30 per hour reasonable & do-able on most days,.. not every day, but most days.

It sounds like a lot of money, but by the time I pay VAT, TAX, Income levy, Pension Levy, Equipment costs, Vehicle costs, accountant fees etc etc, I actually take home about half of what I earn.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 09:01:57 am »
This week I earned an average hourly price of £27 per hour, mind you I did have more tea breaks than normal as most of my customers were in and they kept asking if I want a cuppa, I said yes as I don't want to offend them plus a nice hot cuppa is needed in winter and like a few customers in the past once I said no they didn't offer again.  ;D ;D ;D

The time you spend actually cleaning I would say £25 if its less than £20 you need to either pull your finger out or up your prices.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 09:53:08 am »
£30 ph x 6 hours a day x 50 weeks a years is £46800, no wonder this business is full of newbies, they sit there and do that sum and go wow,,  but they think they will earn more that than as they will do 8 - 9 hours a day

its getting like the plumbing and building industrys,  people saying they earn loads and loads so people want a part and just lower the prices, as they are all undercutting each other to get the work that should just be falling in to there lap

gewindows

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 09:58:38 am »
The thing is Darren very very very few of the window cleaners out there use internet forums.

They arent aware that these posts even exist.

It isn't like the plumbing and building industrys, what were they like by the way? just what you read in the papers?

First off it was the Polish coming over, then hose-pipe bans, now its newbies starting up. What next you going to worry about?

You're paranoid over nothing.

andyM

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 10:13:14 am »
Interesting subject and I agree £30 per hour is a reasonable and achievable figure.
It all comes down to novices not understanding that this is not the net earnings a window cleaner will
collect 38 hrs a week, month in month out. Some hours you can earn even more than that.
It does sound attractive to an outsider who doesn't know how a business is run and the costs involved.
A beginner trying to charge £30 per hour for their services will have difficulty achieving that rate due to a lack of speed and experience in the majority of cases.
It's not all milk and honey  :D

One of the Plebs

Wc Solutions

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 10:31:59 am »
£30 per hour is very possible and its more often than not i get that done.

with commercial its very very very easy to do that!

and aslong as you have a good compact and well priced round on domestic then that £30 should be done.

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 11:19:34 am »
Interesting thead guys,

i would say that if you want a growing successful business then you need to be earning £30.00 p/h
this is not what goes into your pocket p/h hour !!

while working on windows/driving/doing your round the above figure will then cover expences and hours of work
at home ie..  paperwork, filling van, canvassing, quoting etc...

when all these are factored in then you get your true paid rate which is going to be less than a third of the £30.00

no offence to any1 here but i had never asked or given my hourly rate or £££ got for a job - thats between me my partner the custy and finally the tax man.

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

telboy

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 11:21:36 am »

Probably commercial

you can do that  easy

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 12:41:23 pm »
If all this monies being earn't why do some window cleaners waste time tralling the net looking to save a few quid on a bag of resin or build a pole from a roller holder(harris)rather than just order from a bespoke supplier,  because surely the time this diy'ing or price hunting takes must cost them hours!!

Also spares can be carried with these sort of earnings, so the supplier is not made to feel bad when a pump takes 48hrs rather than 24 hrs to reach them, and is told they lost 2 instead of 1 days work costing them 1000's !.

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 01:23:52 pm »
The thing is Darren very very very few of the window cleaners out there use internet forums.

They arent aware that these posts even exist.

It isn't like the plumbing and building industrys, what were they like by the way? just what you read in the papers?

First off it was the Polish coming over, then hose-pipe bans, now its newbies starting up. What next you going to worry about?

You're paranoid over nothing.

lol, i aint paranoid about newbies starting, as to be honest a lot dont last that long anyway once winter comes,  or they buy wfp and cant get the custys to make it pay,

i got out of the plumbing industry as i was sick of being owed thousands,  am still owed about 10 grand from 2 years ago, that i will never see.  when i moved to cornwall, i wanted a easier life so took up wc as couldnt get a proper job lol

it just makes me laugh that newbie can read this forum, think i want some of that, and go out then u get experienced guy saying am losing work to £3 a house guys  or they go down the ionic route and think they can charge £35 a house, and wonder why they aint getting work, and they they have the bright idea to get loads of commercial as that is where the money is

i dont think a lot of newbie have a business plan when starting in wc,

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 04:34:10 pm »
After reading these threads I find it hard to understand why some folk become selfemployed. Thirty pounds per hour is just 4 small flats/houses and if you can't achieve that wfp you should perhaps consider a career change ::)
I guess that after 20 years or so of window cleaning I should be pretty good at it and I have a daily target of two hundred pounds, including contract cleans first thing in the morning. If you can't make thirty pounds per hour you're either charging too little or not working hard enough ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 05:08:12 pm »
£30 ph x 6 hours a day x 50 weeks a years is £46800, no wonder this business is full of newbies
5 days a week is unrealistic for many of us in this climate,.. rain, snow, ice, high winds, sickness, lack of motivation, the mrs wanting jobs done round the house etc mean that I prob work an average of 3.5 - 4 days per week. £30 per hour x 4 days x 50 weeks is £34560. Nearly 50% goes on VAT, tax & expenses,.. I'd be better off on the dole!

elite mike

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 05:23:04 pm »
 nat give her a few more kids nat and you will be quids in

look the proof ::)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266649/Theyre-family-Mercedes-drive-getting-42-000-year-benefits-Scroungers-AMANDA-PLATELL-meets-them.html

makes you blooming sick

mike

ronnie paton

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 06:53:54 pm »
Eqan I'll tell you what a large national company charges for each man per hour£12-18 so this your statement is bs.

I jn know way say it's not achievable but consider all factors ie you may work for 6 hours but doe 1 1/2 hours travelling and maybe 1 hour collecting and maybe 1/2 paper work ect ect.

So yes you may get 6 hours at £ 30 per hour but your not just doing six hours.

weetot

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 07:07:47 pm »
Bumper's the guy to ask, he's an expert on how to make money. ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

ronnie paton

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 08:31:23 pm »

About £30 per hour is the last time I checked (which was a while a go) is the minimum the industry standard rate.

If you’re not making that you’re not up to standard yet, good luck.

ewan have a read i never said it wasnt possible but your statemnet above is total bs for you to feel you are able to make the decision on what the MINIMUM INDUSTRY STANDARD RATE is purely only ridiculous.

my god ewan you also feel like your qualified to give business advice on on someones rate to the degree of NOT BEING UP TO STANDARD.

HAHAHAH

EWAN IS A WINDOW CLEANING GODM ::)

andyjm1

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 09:16:42 pm »
Perhaps you could enlighten us as to who did set it then?  ???

ronnie paton

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 09:23:33 pm »
ewan you very good at twisting your way around things.

lets get something straight i want you to show me were i have changed my mind on £30 per hour???

my point so its clear for you is your not capable of  telling  someone there not up to standard if they cant earn the minimum industry standard rate a rate you state is £30 per hour.......but who the hell are you???

im not saying having a opinion it is wrong but what your saying is like you are the spokesman for all brittish window cleaners ::)

geefree

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 10:00:28 pm »
Anyway lets simply tell the whole world our earnings eh?

Then we can all jack our jobs in and become a window cleaner.

ronnie paton

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 10:14:29 pm »
ok ewan the bully bs, you know f all about my business by i can tell you it turns over around 140k and i do very little.

but you havent a clue......you talk the talk but you cant walk the walk.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 10:15:06 pm »

About £30 per hour is the last time I checked (which was a while a go) is the minimum the industry standard rate.

If you’re not making that you’re not up to standard yet, good luck.

So where did you check Ewan? where does the "minimum industry standard rate" come from?

windiewasher

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 10:15:48 pm »
i read lots of posts on here but i will say that this one is the most pointless one yet!
 What i will is that there is a lot of dreamers on here making out they earn loads of cash yet they are too tight to buy poles etc and moan about they cant afford such and such!
Total £  so far.

Steven01903

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 10:19:57 pm »
I agree with Doctorwindows ;D ;D ;D

gewindows

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 10:48:08 pm »
i read lots of posts on here but i will say that this one is the most pointless one yet!
 What i will is that there is a lot of dreamers on here making out they earn loads of cash yet they are too tight to buy poles etc and moan about they cant afford such and such!

Im the one who stated what I earn't on one day last week earlier in this thread, it wasn't an amount that was particularly any more or any less than other days last week; but I do NOT bemoan paying for decent kit either.

What annoys me is cleaners coming on here stating so and so cant be earnt because for one reason or another they cant earn that.

I couldnt earn the money I stated Ive earnt on thsi thread when I didnt have the quality work Ive got now, when I had only been cleaning for 8 or 9 years, when I was working trad, when I didnt have the confidence and belief in myself that the customers are able to appreciate, when I didnt have the passion for my work I have now, when I targeted run of the mill properties on estates, when my biggest job was worth £30 a visit, it all adds up.

I rememebr Alex Gardiner saying on here once sort out all of those numerous small and miniscule issues you have in a work sense and they all add up over the years, given time you will have a finely tuned, highly profitable and productive business. I am some way to being there I believe and continue to strive forward in the right direction.

The earnings I stated earlier in this thread were 100% true, and they were domestic not commercial.

It was 2 properties

This is the front of one, with its pool-room round the back, theres quite a lot more to it, balconies, pool-room is done in and out, a fair bit of glass to the rear of the pool-room you cant see and a large kennel/green-house with glazed roof to do as well.

and this one below

The reason I have made this post is it is undeniably poor work ethic to make a statement like this

Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible.

IMO it comes from someone with a bare minimum of experience.

peter1983

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 11:04:17 pm »
you all bang on how much u get its mad it make me ;D  it very very sad the people you clean for could come on this web page and f$$$ u 50k 60 k 70k i dont get that i dont get that in my 9 to 5 job and this w$$$ does 3 hour  work and gt this

windiewasher

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 11:20:32 pm »
The ones that make the cash don't have to spout off all the while.The real money earners are modest down to earth and hard working people that walk the walk and dont just talk the talk!
 When you see these type of posts i just think boring and sad!
 My dads bigger than your dad zzzzzzzzzz
They are just like kids in the playground!Maybe they should get out the playground and grow up peter,what you think m8?

you all bang on how much u get its mad it make me ;D  it very very sad the people you clean for could come on this web page and f$$$ u 50k 60 k 70k i dont get that i dont get that in my 9 to 5 job and this w$$$ does 3 hour  work and gt this
Total £  so far.

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 11:33:51 pm »
Matt

u run your business different to every one else, as like you have said over the last year or so, u target bigger houses and to be honest i would love to have a business like you,  but like a lot of stuff on ciu something is said and it is blown out of all porpotions, with it cant be true they must be lying

i average 18 an hour and one day last week had a lad with me and did about 180 in 6 hours might not sound like a lot to some on here, but i am happy earning what i earnt and so was he, to many people are jealous of other people on here

i know a wc on here that has to make 2 grand a week to pay the bills, but to some this would be BS as no one can earn that in a week window cleaning, but he does, and good on him as that is the way he is taking his business

gewindows

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 11:41:59 pm »
Do I really run my business that different to others on here?

Maybe I do, news to me though.

Perhaps thats why it is the way it is.

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 11:44:46 pm »
from what i have seen yes, as you go for big houses and a lot on here are happy with the front of houses only, lol   but every one is different  i am no where near you in business terms but i am happy  and i think a lot on here aint happy, as they think they should be making 300 a day as that is what they read when they thought of becoming a wc

Paul Coleman

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 11:47:00 pm »

Well both can be true.  I earn a decent hourly turnover rate but am heavily indebted from the days before I was earning that type of money.  So yes, I earn pretty well but, because more money than I would wish goes on debt repayments, I do have to run a tight ship.

gewindows

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 11:51:38 pm »
i think a lot on here aint happy,

Good point. Patience is a virtue.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2010, 01:16:47 am »

Im the one who stated what I earn't on one day last week earlier in this thread, it wasn't an amount that was particularly any more or any less than other days last week; but I do NOT bemoan paying for decent kit either.

What annoys me is cleaners coming on here stating so and so cant be earnt because for one reason or another they cant earn that.

I couldnt earn the money I stated Ive earnt on thsi thread when I didnt have the quality work Ive got now, when I had only been cleaning for 8 or 9 years, when I was working trad, when I didnt have the confidence and belief in myself that the customers are able to appreciate, when I didnt have the passion for my work I have now, when I targeted run of the mill properties on estates, when my biggest job was worth £30 a visit, it all adds up.

I rememebr Alex Gardiner saying on here once sort out all of those numerous small and miniscule issues you have in a work sense and they all add up over the years, given time you will have a finely tuned, highly profitable and productive business. I am some way to being there I believe and continue to strive forward in the right direction.

The earnings I stated earlier in this thread were 100% true, and they were domestic not commercial.

It was 2 properties

This is the front of one, with its pool-room round the back, theres quite a lot more to it, balconies, pool-room is done in and out, a fair bit of glass to the rear of the pool-room you cant see and a large kennel/green-house with glazed roof to do as well.

and this one below

The reason I have made this post is it is undeniably poor work ethic to make a statement like this

Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible.

IMO it comes from someone with a bare minimum of experience.
a very nice property to av on yr books indeed
gud sum excellent work my self , sticking my neck on ere 30 an hour is easy
3 x 3bed semis an hour i cud n wud do more trad fact end ov  :o :o :o :o :o
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

windowswashed

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2010, 02:03:41 am »
Only two ways to earn a good wage:

1. work efficiently
2 Price wisely

Steven01903

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2010, 09:08:45 am »
I think that has about covered the £30 per hour subject  ::)

roundbuilder

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2010, 09:22:04 am »
surely though it depends where in the country you are. I am lucky to live in the london area and can charge pretty much what i like as aposed to some1 living up north where i see guys stillcharging as little as 5 pound for a 3bed house.

End of day if your living comfortable then you are doing something right.. If your struggling then its simple full your finger out your arse and do more work even an extra half hour a day adds up to a lot at the end of the week. I dont work for an hourly rate i try hit a day rate and work however many hours it takes to hit the target.

Londoner

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 09:29:15 am »
Would you guys PLEASE stop discussing earnings on the forum.

Dave Anderson

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2010, 12:35:59 pm »
This topic has been 're-energised' many times and I should imagine it will arise many times again in the future...FACT is we all to some degree want to know how others are doing whether it is because we are starting out and want to know what's 'right' or whether were a seasoned veteran wanting to see if what we have achieved is 'right' or achievable.

Love it or hate it...pricing/hr rates will always be a matter of interest.

30 an hour..easy peasy now 60 an hour is the target ;D

Love, hugs & Kisses  :-* Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Nigel Lee

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2010, 03:17:56 pm »
The truth as I see it, is that as in most trades, there is a large variation in what people earn.  I think the North/South divide in terms of cost of living is a bit of a myth - with the exception of London.  In short there is more money to be made in the South generally, end of.  More disposable income.  Obviously there are exceptions but as a general rule...

There are always going to be haters who don't believe the money can be made, because they can't or aren't making it.  For well established businesses £30 p/h is a piece of cake, some make more than that.  There are others starting out making £10 p/h.  I don't know what it is with all the fuss over noobs starting up.  If you have a good relationships with your customers, and you work in the right areas, a few quid saved is nothing compared to having a reliable window cleaner who does a good job.  If its a fear to you something is wrong with your business.

In summary many of us are making in excess of £30 p/h.  It takes experience and time to reach that figure day to day, and perhaps most importantly business sense.  Really though, if your bothered about noobs reading this your business is fragile.

ronnie paton

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2010, 03:37:27 pm »
I can't believe some ones finally shut ewan up......ssssshhhhhhhsssssshhhhhh :)

peter1983

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2010, 04:43:33 pm »
sad o stop tell ever 1 what u take home

ronnie paton

« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2010, 08:53:37 pm »
Starting work monday for the inland revenue as a tax inspector,will keep a look out for all your tax returns may get a bonus ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

well you wont find ewan any were hes proberly a doley with nothing better to do.

i mean we can see no conection to window cleaning, no name no comapny name no website........

gewindows

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2010, 08:56:06 pm »
Starting work monday for the inland revenue as a tax inspector,will keep a look out for all your tax returns may get a bonus ;) ;)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You uncomfortable with the tax-man knowing what you earn?

gewindows

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:57 pm »
If you'd read my posts properly mate you'd wouldn't have read £30 per hour. Its someone else who stated that figure. Mine was higher.

The post wasn't about 'telling others' as you put it, it was about enlightening those who just cant see a trades full potential for what it is, like yourself.

Absorb the information mate, accept some have been in this game longer than you, that some know more than you, have a more profitable business than you and some aren't as blinkered or closed minded as yourself. You'll progress nicely if you do.

Best of luck with it mate. It can't do you any harm.

gewindows

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2010, 09:38:51 pm »
If you listen a bit more and try to aspire you might pick up a place or two like this

I did it Tuesday, wanna know how much an hour?   ;)

Steven01903

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2010, 07:20:00 am »
Don't tell me more than £30 per hour, As I won't believe you

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2010, 05:08:30 pm »
30 . 01??

Nigel Lee

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2010, 05:15:08 pm »
Hope your not trad mate  ;D

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2010, 10:49:55 pm »
Ronnie make your mind up.

I didn’t set the rate of approximately £30 per hour as the minimum, as I already stated.

Unfortunately window cleaning does have a reputation of low earnings, Taking everything into consideration £30 per hour is reasonable.

If you want to think £20 or £25 is Ok that’s your choice, but if you have problems with buying equipment for your business, it has everything to do with your window cleaning prices and nothing else.

Do you think it concerns me if you are charging less? The Forum is just here to share information, take it or leave it Ronnie your free to charge as little as you want.

£160 A DAY IS GOOD MONEY AND THATS ONLY £20 AN HOUR

Richard Neal

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »
I made £40 in an hour this morning but then had a hospital appointment. by the time i got there, found out thet had sent me to the wrong hospital ( wrong side of essex as well) i only had time to do another £32 of work before it rained at 4 oclock, but i did earn £40 for an hour today, im great i am
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2010, 07:58:03 am »
There are window cleaners who earn well in excess of £30 per hour, however they are the sort who DONT waste their time on internet forums!