wayne 77

£30 per hour
« on: September 03, 2010, 09:52:01 pm »
Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible. 8 hours a day, you may be lucky and land a good job,but what about the rest of the day.Travelling to the next job,set up and packing away ,talking to the customer,collecting,keeping records, banking. Then the weather, i know some will say they work all weathers but when its pouring its no fun and customers complain. Dole boy reads this £30 per hour and grabs a ladder and undercuts us thinking get rich quick,all this really does is get us a bad name,so why not all keep £ out of the equation to stop all the cowboys, Talk about your funerals as well as your weddings,customers who dont pay are never in and dont send envelope. Tax returns and NI and running costs,fuel etc

windiewasher

Re: £30 per hour
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:41 pm »
i earn £30 a day and im happy! ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:01:15 pm »
its not just doleys that undercut a lot of other wc undercut each other just to get jobs in the area they are working just to get more work and then claim they didnt know the custy had a wc

i had it done to me the other week been working the same area as a other wc for over a year,  custy cancelled then found out he had undercut me to a £5 for a 3 bed house from £7 he claimed the custy came up to him saying her wc charges her £13

windiewasher

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 10:24:29 pm »
i price what i think is right,some i win some i lose and a lot that are after cheap cleans,i just tell them a price straight take it or leave it!
I never undercut if customer has got a wc i refuse to give a quote i say i will never take another mans work, all it does is start a price war and both wc lose out and the customer gains. we all need to stick together and show each other respect. Darren, he will soon realise it is not worth the effort and pack it in when you can say you now charge £8 as you are a regular all year round wc.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

bobby p

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 10:30:08 pm »
i believe 30£per hours  possible but only after much  effort , by extending your service to include gutters and inside cleaning ,whatever you see a customer may want.  it takes a bit of charm to get the inside work ,but if i sense theyv a few quid  i try my best .  one has me doing insides almost every month,and blind cleaning too. 

gewindows

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 10:32:17 pm »
We all know this is not possible.

You know wrong mate.

mci services

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 10:33:48 pm »
Keep reading posts claiming £30 per hour just read one £205 for 4 hours. We all know this is not possible. 8 hours a day, you may be lucky and land a good job,but what about the rest of the day.Travelling to the next job,set up and packing away ,talking to the customer,collecting,keeping records, banking. Then the weather, i know some will say they work all weathers but when its pouring its no fun and customers complain. Dole boy reads this £30 per hour and grabs a ladder and undercuts us thinking get rich quick,all this really does is get us a bad name,so why not all keep £ out of the equation to stop all the cowboys, Talk about your funerals as well as your weddings,customers who dont pay are never in and dont send envelope. Tax returns and NI and running costs,fuel etc

can you explain why it is not possible please and why the guy who earned £205 in 4 hours is lying.

ronnie paton

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:33 pm »
i did a intial clean today, it was a smallish nursery.

they got quoted £760 i could not believe it so i halfed it and that was still over priced.

it took two guys 5 hours i just wish i could follow that other company around all its quotes i would be very happy

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:43:14 pm »
£30 an hour is possible on the right job, but not every hour,  u might have hours where you are lucky to earn a £5,  a  lot wont admit it but you do get hours like that, where nothing sems to go right   or you are working away and suddenly an hour has passed and you have hardly done any work

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:53:59 pm »

they got quoted £760 i could not believe it so i halfed it and that was still over priced.

it took two guys 5 hours i just wish i could follow that other company around all its quotes i would be very happy

thats why inital are bigger than you ronnie ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mci services

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 10:56:39 pm »

thats why inital are bigger than you ronnie ::)
;D took me a few reads to get that

ronnie paton

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:05:09 pm »
just like to say the window cleaning manager came to me for a job recently so maybe im doing some thing right :)

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 11:11:56 pm »
just like to say the window cleaning manager came to me for a job recently so maybe im doing some thing right :)
Ronnie, dont take offense I was joking fella.

I thought you had retired anyway or you going back to work again ;D

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ronnie paton

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 11:25:13 pm »
ian dont worry you have caught me in a good mood ;D

this week has been far from retired but most of the time im doing nothing ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 11:28:19 pm »
ian dont worry you have caught me in a good mood ;D

this week has been far from retired but most of the time im doing nothing ;)
Im not worried   :P

keep up the good work fella, or (non work as you do  ;D )

I am soon to be a lazy git

ronnie paton

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 07:48:14 am »
ewan you talk b s .......£30 ahour the minimum standard.

sorry mister brittish window cleaner representitive

LWC

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 07:51:36 am »
Like Darren said, £30 a hour IS possible and £50 a hour is to, but not every hour all day every day. If it was we'd be on yachts and not spending most of our time on a window cleaning forum

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 08:19:20 am »
yes £30 an hour is possible but not every hour of the day worked!(not for me anyway!)sometimes i hit £60 an hour on a few jobs here and there.also any new domestic work gets priced on £30 an hour.although now im wfp i think £30 an hour will become the norm very soon!

the truth is that your annual turnover minus expenses and times by 52 is your real wage!you ll find that its not as much as you think!

earning £30 an hour every hour is ok money for a northern window cleaner(one man band)but you d have to earn £40 a hour down south to have the same standard of living.

regional variations and the nature of your round also have an impact.if you have a lot of commercial then of course you ll be earning far more than the average window cleaner!

im aiming for £30,000+ a year over the next few years which is realistic and achievable for a one man band up north.

i had many years where i was lucky to make £12,000-£15,000!i nearly packed it in a few years ago and i lost quite a bit of work as i had a few other problems in my life.now through hard work and determination i have a new attitude towards my business and its started to get a lot better!

so yes £30 an hour is acheivable but  idont think its a fair reflection of your overall business.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

LWC

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 08:37:33 am »
Good post Daz, im starting to like you