mjm

Ncca
« on: February 11, 2020, 07:15:00 pm »
Is this  accociation any good I know they have a forum or community  but Is it worthwhile joining I have a course soon I get discounted for one year if I join  is anyone a member here I know they have been around for years but i need info from carpet cleaners who are members   do you get work from them 

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Ncca
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 08:53:39 pm »
I’m not going to knock the association but I will add some insight,

1.have you costed out how much it will really cost?
a, you’ll need to sit their training for carpet and upholstery cleaning I think that is 2 days at your cost
b, you pay annually for membership £200+ to display the name to compete with other NCCA members in your are
2. They can give you work if a customer contacts their office and in turn they will give that customer 3 members details
3.they do have some corporate discounts for clothing etc from big suppliers and also a good legal help system
4. In time after so many years you can become a more experienced member at another cost

It is up to you to promote the Association and in turn you are promoting yourself (some say and other members)

It depends on if you like being part of a club the initial joining from 2 days at ncca hq in Leicester and the cost of the exam as well as joining and over night stay etc is something you may need to add up and see if it is worthwhile.

I was a member but haven’t been for some years there’s a lot of procrastination and I can honestly say it has made zero difference to my business not being a member there are some excellent advanced training courses out there for you to improve your techniques and network.

But that is my take on it

mjm

Re: Ncca
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:04:07 pm »
Thank you very much for writing that out iam doing the 2 day course with cleansmart I paid for the upholstery course got the machine of them so I got caroet course free it's more a refresher course for carpets but the upholstery is a new thing I need to get into as i have turned down so many jobs

Anyway I can sit the exam  for  £30   while iam there but I think I will wait until iam satisfied at some more info about it

Cheers 

Michael