ShaunL

Altro/safety floor advice needed
« on: August 21, 2015, 08:51:43 pm »
Hi,
I mostly clean carpets nut have been asked by one customer to clean a large area of altro in their premises. I mostly use HWE on the carpets but also have a victor sprite rotary. Can I get an attachment for altro and what would be the method?
Thanks in advance

Tadgh O Shea

Re: Altro/safety floor advice needed
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:01:55 pm »
Hi,
I mostly clean carpets nut have been asked by one customer to clean a large area of altro in their premises. I mostly use HWE on the carpets but also have a victor sprite rotary. Can I get an attachment for altro and what would be the method?
Thanks in advance
Hi ShaunL, we have developed a safe and effective method for deep cleaning Altro safety flooring, first we pre spray the floor with a heavy duty cleaning solution which is non-caustic and non-corrosive then you can use one of our 16 inch diameter compressed melamine floor pads on your victor which will just eat any ingrained soils from the floor, if you would like more information email info@jskcleaning.ie    regards Tadgh

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 11:19:29 am »
That's handy to know I did an altro last week and it took some scrubbing with a black pad.

Thanks

Shaun

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 11:45:22 am »
That's handy to know I did an altro last week and it took some scrubbing with a black pad.

Thanks

Shaun
  Hi Shaun, melamine microcleaning floor pads are probably 10 times more effective than using black floor scrubbing pads no matter what cleaning solution you are using with them, downside is they are sacrificial and don't last long enough but you can get compressed melamine floor pads which are far more durable, but for deep cleaning anti slip safety floors you can achieve excellent results.  Tadgh

ShaunL

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:02:45 pm »
Thanks Tadgh, I will drop you an email at some point later  :)

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 07:46:07 pm »
The harder the pad the less they work. You need to get into the pits in the floor.
Melamines work as they shed particles in to the floor that can scrub out.
I find they work best with either scrubber dryers or orbital machines. The swing action of rotarties wears them quickly due to the uneven weight distribution especially the better quality machines from Wirbel/ICE/Klindex.
That includes the really good quality german manufactured ones.
Honing powder can be really useful with a soft brush or white pad and a good quality detergent.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 08:33:28 pm »
What is the average life of a melamine pad. Used on on Saturday and got about 70square metres out of it. Results were excellent but expected. More out of it. Used with a klindex rocky

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 09:06:36 pm »
Hi Neil, there are many variations come into play when using melamine floor cleaning pads, the thickness of the melamine being one of the main ones, standard melamine pads are produced  using 8.2 kgs/cbm of melamine and will erase themselves very quickly, but if you look to use compressed melamine pads you can go up to 16.4 kgs/cbm  these type are far more durable and a better choice if you are deep cleaning rough finish flooring, i have seen them in thickness of melamine from 11mm up to 25mm, i would always prefer to use the thicker size and heavier weight of melamine, hope that this helps, Tadgh

Tony Stewart

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 09:10:41 pm »
Tin hats on..........
Alkaline cleaner on a green pad on the rotary. Allow to dwell and then vacuum off. Rinse with clean water. Vacuum and admire the results. Can truckmount off with a spinner to charge more for the job as you can say it is being rinsed with hot water jets.
I know about the alkaline but in defense I try and use enough strength to clean it and then get it off. Not tried the melamine pads but perhaps due to the fact that I've done schools who want the most competitive price and then allow a 1000 children to batter the floor the next day!!
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 09:27:06 pm »
Tin hats on..........
Alkaline cleaner on a green pad on the rotary. Allow to dwell and then vacuum off. Rinse with clean water. Vacuum and admire the results. Can truckmount off with a spinner to charge more for the job as you can say it is being rinsed with hot water jets.
I know about the alkaline but in defense I try and use enough strength to clean it and then get it off. Not tried the melamine pads but perhaps due to the fact that I've done schools who want the most competitive price and then allow a 1000 children to batter the floor the next day!!
  Hi Tony, you won't know unless you try one out, even for the next one you do bring along a melamine hand pad and after your finished the job, just use water to dampen the pad and scrub a small area you could be in for a pleasant surprise. everything to gain and nothing to loose. Tadgh

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 08:31:48 am »
Tadgh
Could you email me prices of these. Neils.cleaning14@gmail. Com

Cheers