Splash & dash

Algo clear pro
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:11:39 pm »
I've got 450 square meters of paths and parking area to pressure wash , the area is in shade for long periods and very damp , after washing would treating with algo clear or something similar slow down the process of it going green and slippery again ?

Peter J Haigh

Re: Algo clear pro
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 07:36:02 pm »
Hi
 I am looking into a similar problem myself after softwashing or pressure washing and I believe the best solution might be Benz Biocidal wash, although I would also welcome any other opinions.

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:01:51 pm »
I've tried both brands mentioned. Now I tend to use another brand called soft wash pro 50 (ddac 50%) which works out cheaper and don't come from Ireland for a change. lol

Time will tell which brand works out the  best I supposes so why not just do trials yourselves.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:09:06 pm »
Ok thanks for that , what dilution rate have you found to work best with it ?

Iain macdonald

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 11:57:39 pm »
smurf do u use this on all your driveways u clean

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 12:30:49 am »
smurf do u use this on all your driveways u clean

Depends if they want to pay extra  for a biocidal treatment or not.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 12:35:04 am »
Ok thanks for that , what dilution rate have you found to work best with it ?

As the surface has been cleaned already I tend to use 1% ddac as an after treatment.

Darran Smith PRSS

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 07:13:28 am »
There are new chemical products and equipment coming to the market very soon.
The best chemical without a doubt is Sodium Hypochlorite at 14% - 15% then add in what you need to make it work better.
Sodium Hypochlorite is the very best and the cheapest by a mile.
It cleans render BETTER/FASTER/QUICKER than ANYTHING ELSE - and the best part you can almost buy it from anywhere - CHEAP!
When you want the very best SoftWashing Equipment for your business.

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 09:21:33 am »
Hi Darren, welcome back to the forum. Good luck with your new venture...
I'm betting you are really excited at becoming the UK distributor for AC Lockyer.

Don't go annoying the mad Frenchman now will you lol

G & M

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 07:56:35 am »
Don't put sodium hypochlorite on tarmac as it may bleach it, also it does not kill moss spores etc.

Smurf

Re: Algo clear pro New
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 01:19:00 pm »
DDAC is an effective and  safer way to treat tarmac rather than using hypo. That's  after the tarmac has  been power brushed/power washed to remove the bulk of the moss, grime etc.

I'm always wary of letting strong hypo  get on to tarmac. That's because I've seen pics of bleached tarmac staining posted on various forums. Still when doing the likes of render cleans etc using a weaker hypo mix 1-2 % from my own experience has very little bleaching effect if at all. Probably because  I soak down the tarmac first, don't let the run off sit on it too long and is rinsed down thoroughly.