Poll

Your opinion on joining an association

I would not join any association, waist of money
I would join because I can benefit from various discounts (legal advice, insurance etc.)
I would join because I can benefit from using their logo, being part of something big, improve my image
I am a member of an association and WOULD recommend others to join (please share your experience below)
I am a member of an association, but would NOT recommend others to join (please share your experience below)

CMS

Re: Your opinion on joining an association
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 08:08:13 pm »
Congratulations Arthur. I see you personally got 'Associate Membership'. I thought you would.

Blacksheep, no you don't have to be one of the 'big boys' as you put it.

Membership of BICS is granted depending on qualifications/experience/time served etc.

Membership is on a number of levels as follows:

Student Membership
Associate Membership
Full Membership
Fellow

Arthur has been granted Associate Membership after 6 years in the industry. I personally hold Full Membership after having 26 years in the industry. I achieved 'Full' Member status in 1994 after 14 years.

Arhurs Membership number is 019227 and mine is 011553 which means that since 1994 there have been 7674 new memberships granted of one kind or another.

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 11:31:36 pm »
Congratulations Arthur
Thank you.
Here is my new ad-draft for Yellow Pages:

::) Carpet cleaning picture missing  :-[, will fit in later...

*Chris Browne

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006, 10:05:35 am »
Hi arthur,
youve got a tiny bit more space there on the right hand side................. ;D ;D ;D

chris ;)