Simon@Pristine Pathways

Chewing gum removal New
« on: March 14, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »
has anyone used one of the gumpack removers? anyone got one they want to hire to me for a couple of days or any type of gum remover machine? got to quote for a retail park, but not got the equip to do it!
please feel free to slaughter me.
cheers
simon

Rob_Mac

Re: chewing gum removal
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:49:04 pm »
Simon

I have a one man and a two man dry steam machine, not really for hire but I will work with you on the project.

I also have the capacity to remove gum through pressure washing and hot water and this is a twin operator unit and a single operator unit, so the capacity for 6 men to be clearing gum.

Rob ;D

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:57:13 pm »
Nice one Rob

I want to give this a go, some help would be apreciated, dont want to just pass it on.

Simon

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:18 pm »
I've just got back from Torquay (night shift last night) and a long drive today so not really up to much but if we can sort it between us and you are happy to do that I will either call you or you can call me tomorrow.

Cheers

Rob ;D

Simon@Pristine Pathways

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:17:54 pm »
What is it with gum at the moment ? I've had more enquirys in the last month than I've had in the 7 years I've had the machine. Its nothing to write home about I'll need everything I can get if they try to stop me pressure washing. Lee what chemical do you use instead of the gumbusters gear ?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:19:13 pm »
Taking the van for its' MOT tomorrow morning, will call you then.

Cheers

Rob ;D

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 08:34:33 pm »
I've never seen that gumpak unit before - Lithion battery, gas bottle, chemical bottle and to top it all he's borrowed Triggers broom  ;D £2k and knowing my luck I'd end in flames  ;D It'll be interesting to know what they are actually like after a lengthy use but the cable free idea would be great if the unit is reliable

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:50:41 pm »
What is it with gum at the moment ? I've had more enquirys in the last month than I've had in the 7 years I've had the machine. Its nothing to write home about I'll need everything I can get if they try to stop me pressure washing. Lee what chemical do you use instead of the gumbusters gear ?

I concur mate.

gutterman

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 11:06:14 pm »
Start a job in bramhall next week 1800 sqm - pressure washer and hot box
got a few more irons in the fire for later in april.
Full deep clean on all the flags

thanks
Billy

Blast Away

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 07:49:27 am »
Start a job in bramhall next week 1800 sqm - pressure washer and hot box
got a few more irons in the fire for later in april.
Full deep clean on all the flags

thanks
Billy

Anything for Cheetham Hill Billy?  ;)

gutterman

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 08:03:25 am »
NO..... not aware of anything on there

Blast Away

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »
NO..... not aware of anything on there

That's Ok then mate  ;D

Kenny83

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 08:45:12 pm »
Ive had a gum removal quote today, this guy said he works with councils and football stadia around the UK he said it's a massive project at the minute all linked to the olympic games.
Whos trying to stop you pressure washing and why mate?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

BDCS

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:05 pm »
There is a hose pipe ban in the South East and this time it would appear that this time it stops professionals pressure washing unlike the last one which did'nt. I've written to the MP which I did'nt expect to achieve anything but just to get on his tits - I wrote many times about the private sewer adoption which got me nowhere :(

Kenny83

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 12:56:41 am »
f***ing hose pipe bans.... thats bad mate, your right in writing to the PM, if you were a farmer in the foot and mouth scenario then you'd be paid subsidaries... maybe theres something similar out there for us guys in a hose pipe ban? Also I bet the illegal immigrants still have their car washes going!
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Scotbrite

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 11:07:43 am »
Is there a good chemical to use for spot spraying for chewing gum removal with a cold pressure wash ??
Cheers Guys,
Ron

Richy L

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 02:32:02 pm »
Is there a good chemical to use for spot spraying for chewing gum removal with a cold pressure wash ??
Cheers Guys,
Ron

No. Heat is the only way forward

Matt Gibson

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 03:46:24 pm »
Cheers Guys,
Ron

I could help you out mate with hot water. Depending on where you are. Give me a bell I'm sure we can sort something out.

Intelligent Surface Solutions

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 10:07:28 pm »
Just following up on the earlier post re the Gumpak - I am a newbie to the forum (but not the industry!) and amongst other things we have the exclusive licence for Gumpak for Ireland & Scotland and supply in England and Wales (Along with a growing number of others!)

I would be happy to share my knowledge about the unit (which has drastically improved since the first R&D models!) but the tool is best used as a maintenance unit rather than a deep clean tool (Very good on tar/bitmac for deep cleaning with no damage but remember it will take appox 10 seconds per blob to remove the gum so you have to factor in the blobs per m2 x time - One Tesco store in Manchester had appox 300 blobs per m2 which would have taken just short of an hour to clean - They wanted 50m2 done inside 4 hours - Jog on!)

Where we have done large area cleans we have also used the unit for any "snagging" after the event - Perfect unit if you have to remove gum in a crowded area without causing interference with other users and is very high profile. Best thing i have ever used for removing gum from carpets!

If you want to know more let me know. Great bit of upsale kit to locations which you have cleaned which will enable them to keep the gum down until you comeback next time! As a licence holder we can do a good deal for commerical users/sub-distributors so don't go anywhere else if you are interested!

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »
looks good on the video but seems quite expensive and £75 + vat to run it for 8 hours and how safe is the chemical on carpets?
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Intelligent Surface Solutions

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 07:37:13 pm »
Perfect - The "chemical" is a surfactant derived from Sugar beet so as such is a non-classified product (Very green/eco friendly) - When you break it down it works out to be less than 3p a blob -  a lot cheaper than a freeze spray - Only thing is make sure you use the nylon head on carpets - Brass ones will cause damage (Teaching you how to suck eggs i know!)