winston thompson

Re: Thinking about Starting oven cleaning any advise ?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 03:01:38 pm »
Hi , oven cleaning can be hit and miss, depends on which part of country your in IMHO there are already too many with more starting up all the time all sorts of tanks available some good some so/so lots of people think it's get rich and just see pounds signs ,but be warned its not always, customers on average repeat 12 and 18months with a few may do it 6 monthly
Ideally you need someone ( ya misses) to book the jobs and ring round for you when your out cleaning for repeats and contract work, if you can why not do end of tenacy cleans as well ,also kitchens and extractors(commercial)
Notice the ones selling tanks wouldn't like to sell to many in there own area as they would fall in to the wrong hands and people would work for £30 an oven because there are to many already which pushes price down just like carpet cleaning
Go for upmarket customers be quality ,dress smart ,be professional and charge a fair reasonable rate don't be to cheap(ok when your. Learning the ropes)
But cheap ent always best that's why folks shop at waitrose and marks n sparks rather than aldi and the like

bennymon

Re: Thinking about Starting oven cleaning any advice ?
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 02:15:18 pm »
Hi jeff with the plastic tanks do you take them into the kitchen with you cheers del

jeff@occ

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »
no you leave it in the back of your van

SteveAllan

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 02:48:17 pm »
You carpet cleaners thinking about oven cleaning can I ask why. I'm in the middle of sorting some kit out for carpet cleaning with a view to doing more of that in future rather than ovens because of the low value oven cleaning brings in. Is it the wrong time to be moving to carpet cleaning, I have a good customer base already and a lot of them will use a carpet cleaning service too, so it's not that I'm starting with nothing.
Just wondered really why an established carpet cleaner would want low value oven cleaning.

bennymon

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 03:10:36 pm »
Cheers jeff I suppose you just need extension leads .

Steve its not the best year to get into carpet cleaning . But I want to train a lad up to clean ovens what would you guys say your average job ticket be many thanks del

SteveAllan

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »
Well the training companies will tell you that you will do 5 ovens a day average £65 per job which is bs.
Not many go for oven hob and extractor to give you good value, mainly ovens. Not sure what comp is like in your area but it's a lot my way and single ovens are getting done for £32 which is not what I want to be doing.

jeff@occ

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »
Hi Del the average price for a single oven would be anything from £36 to £46 depends on the area you cover. This can take any where from 1 1/2hrs to 2 1/2hrs depending on the condition of the oven. As many people have mentioned on here that there is not much money to be made on single ovens to be cleaned but if you clean a single oven,hob & exractor you could make £66 for ttwo to three hours work. it fills the spaces in the diary. But I would do the research in your area for compitition and I have been cleaning ovens for 7 years now and some times it is a struggle. jeff

bennymon

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 05:43:39 pm »
Many thanks so if I get someone trained up do you think 3 jobs per day would be about average del

SteveAllan

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 06:21:09 pm »
3 jobs a day every day will take a lot of marketing.
Like jeff says even after 7 years it's slow at times.
It's not the money spinner the training people tell you it is.
I think it would be a better idea to do them yourself as a filler for when the carpets are quiet, you'll need more than 3 a day if you are gonna employ someone doing them for you.

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:13 pm »
Hi Bennymon,
If you are thinking of doing domestic ovens as an extra, you would be better off combining it
with your existing carpet cleaning and doing end of tenancy cleaning.
You can do it all yourself this way and its more worthwile than just an oven cleaning job.
People usually want the whole kitchen deep cleaning ,and most other rooms throughout the property,
 so you charge accordingly.
If you do some window cleaning, this can all be combined.
You wont really make much after just paying a wage, equipment, fuel, vehicle, for someone to clean a couple of ovens.
If your thinking of getting a dip tank, how many ovens will you need to clean to pay for it.
I would only use one for commercial kitchens as its worthwile.
Youre not going to find 3 ovens per day easily.
Im not trying to put you off, but this is just some advice from my own past experience. :)

bennymon

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 08:43:42 pm »
hi the plan is the guy will be self employed with his own van i will get him a tank and set up a website and market for him and from every job i find him i get 35%.at the moment he earns £60 per day could this work for both of us ???

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 04:59:17 pm »
It does sound a bit like a lot of hassle for little profit.
If you do this, then it would benefit you both to work together and offer combinations of work to each property.
then you can offer a wider range of services to each client.

Tim.