john smith

best way to hire cleaners for domestic
« on: October 10, 2005, 10:34:10 pm »
hello, ive browsed this site for quite a while and picked up loads of tips on the domestic cleaning business, the search facility is great!
i have had a free add in the thompson local for a year now, just wanted to see what the demand was, anyway i have now decided to take the plunge ;D well pushed into it really by clents ringing me up wanting  what im advertising ;D

i have no problem in getting clients, as most of you dont, the old adage is "i cant get enough cleaners"

Some of you guys run quite large operations i assume, 100 plus clients, my question to you  is this, "what is the most efficient way of constantly generating enquiries from cleaners,
i
s it advertise ever week in the local rag,
delivering seperate leaflets advertising for cleaners
or the job centre?"

i had an elderly lady ring me tonight, desperate for a cleaner, as of yet i havnt bothered building a database of cleaners, that is my task now, tonight i went out and delivered 200 flyers advertising for cleaners, i'll let you know how i get on, if i get one cleaner like this, i'll behappy. ill even post my flyer on the this site if any one wants it,
any help will be greatly appreciated

kindest regads

john

CMS

Re: best way to hire cleaners for domestic
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 10:38:08 pm »
I have had a similar problem inthe commercial sector and solved it like this.............

Ask your existing staff to refer a friend.

If that friend meets all the criteria pay the 'introducer' a £20 bonus but only when the new cleaner has completed a certain period of employment....say, 2 months?

I had em coming out of my ears!!!!!

john smith

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:52:05 pm »
thanks for that cms,
and very promt too, i think a referal program would work very well, i hadnt thought of that one.

cheers john

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 11:21:02 pm »
But  John you have not got any cleaners yet.

CMS

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 07:44:08 am »
B ut you have not got any cleaners yet.

?????????????? ::) ::) ::) :-\ :-\

john smith

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 10:31:27 am »
yes and no, ive been using my sister , my wife and myself , we,ve been doing one off cleans through out over the year, this has given me a feel for time taken to do jobs, money to charge, what customers expect etc, my wife, sister are not interested in regular domestic work.........people are too fussy they say.....

anyway, as for my leaflet drop last night, i have had 2 phonecalls in the last 20minutes, interviewing round their house today, cant believe it worked... ;D

regards

john

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 08:29:26 am »
Glad it worked.

;D

john smith

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 01:22:43 pm »
thanks ian

i have now had another call 1.5% respose...im very happy, i'll  try and figure out how to post my flyer on here.
my way of giving back to all the info others share.
interveiwed all yestrerday, put 2 girls on rota, ohter is going to think about it

kindest regards

john

soory it wont let me put it on, i done it in publisher, will only jpeg type files

daniel b

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 04:57:47 pm »
why dont you take your flyer round all your local shops/ supermarkets etc and ask them to put them on there ad boards, just a thought it might help you.

Daniel
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Jan K

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 07:32:02 pm »
Hi John, would you be kind enough to email your flyer to me.......I am desperate for staff and have exhausted all my ideas!

Ta!

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol