Stu Roberts

wooden floor sanding course...
« on: February 19, 2013, 01:47:24 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about getting into the whole wooden floor sanding and restoration game. I see that there are courses available in Rubgy with http://www.ultimatefloorsanding.co.uk, but I have found that Quickstep in Manchester are starting a very similar course for £200 less.

Anyone had any experience with the Quickstep Academy? It's right on my patch, so very handy for me.

Thanks,

Stu.

Jamie Pearson

Re: wooden floor sanding course...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:29:52 pm »
Hi Stu,

I know people who have attended the Ultimate course and also the FITA one www.fita.co.uk/courses_info.php?courseID=28 and they all speak highly of both.

The only other I am aware of is the Lagler PST in Germany offered by KHR www.floorsandingsupplies.co.uk but dont know anyone who has attended.

When we started out there were no courses available and we have learnt the hard way using product manufacturers to guide us. Starting up now has much more training and support available.

Terry Guilford

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 08:11:38 pm »
Hi Stuart,

Irrelevant now seeing as you've got it free but I just want to point out that our course is run by someone who has built up the largest floor sanding brand in the UK and Ireland. As well as running the company I still go out floor sanding with Affiliates and Franchisees as well as doing the quotation work for the more involved projects. Completion of the course will lead to a qualification with the manufacturer of the one of the best lacquer brands in the world and the right to offer a 2 year guarantee on all the work carried out using that brand. However, I am fiercely protective of my independance and so will tell you the good and the bad of all the products and machinery that I have knowledge of no matter who makes them. We also offer an Affiliate system at ABSOLUTELY NO JOINING COST (currently), so if you want to offer floor sanding we will do the Google marketing for your area at the pay per click rate (ie no management fee). The Affiliation also gives you access to all the marketing and technical material we have built up in the last 15 years of trading in this sector and my mobile phone number. I will leave it up to anyone reading this to decide if that is good value or not.

Look forward to seeing you on the course.

Terry

Stu Roberts

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 02:33:34 pm »
Terry,

Got to say that I'm really impressed with what you have to offer. I was always a little reluctant to go with Quickstep, considering that the course was brand new with little information provided by the company.

Very much looking forward to the course. The google marketing support sounds appealing, but I guess that it's something I would be able to manage locally. Either way, I'll look forward to hearing more when I pop down to see you in April.

Thanks.