woodman

Does it bother you being watched
« on: December 15, 2004, 06:22:56 pm »
I know some cleaners go to great lengths to prevent the customer breathing down their necks as they work, I know of one who positions his air movers in the door ways for this very reason ;D

I was at a dental surgery today cleaning the waiting room sofas,it wasn't closed and the old biddies who were forced to wait in another area wouldn't leave me alone, 'ooh you can come home with me and do mine' and 'I bet you don't do the cleaning at home do ya'.You know the kind of thing, you have to laugh to be sociable even if it is the 1000th time you've heard it ::)Bless 'em I love it really.

Any way, there were people every where watching every move, you had eyes in the back of your head to make sure they didn't trip over cables etc and no fans allowed (because of noise).

Before you ask, I did try for out of hours but they didn't want it and said they could suffer the disruption for one day.Luckily the sofas came up well which was just aswell considering the audience ;)

But on a serious note, hundreds of people in and out of the waiting room then into surgery.Filthy hands touching the chairs and sofas,the risk of picking up a bug (which is all in the news now every day) must be huge which I pointed out to them and they agreed.

I am now booked to clean them every 3 months :)

stevegunn

Re: Does it bother you being watched
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 06:34:01 pm »
After working at Nissan for 10 years they used to give factory tours it was like being in a zoo having people pointing and watching you perform your daily tasks.It does not bother me they can see how hard you are working ;)

johnnyone

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 06:43:33 pm »
No it doesnt bother me at all. I like it cause I will show them how hard I am working  ;), then I will ask them a question like, do you want me to get that candle wax out for a $, most of the time they say yes. :) :).
Bullseye Carpet Care

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 07:30:30 pm »
It does not bother me at all - in fact it is rather nice when the custie lingers for a while after bringing in the coffee and chirps in with a few oohs and wows and a "I didn't think you'd do that bit"

Better still when they rush to get a neighbour to see the magic take place  ;) :D

clive

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 08:12:42 pm »
Steve,
I thought you worked in Phil Mitchels Garage! ???

Clive

stevegunn

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 08:37:49 pm »
Your not going to let this Minty thing drop are you ;)

Have you sold your bane machine yet and bought a boxxer?

Macarthur

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 10:28:17 pm »
Had a guy watching my every move yesterday as I was cleaning his red lounge & dining room carpets. Wow totally amazing was  his reply, so obviously pleased with results. It is ones who watch you like a hawk and don`t say anything sometimes you wonder about.

Nigel.
Orion Cleaning Services - Southampton

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 10:30:11 pm »
Some people do watch for a while but they usually get bored and move along to something else.

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 10:57:23 pm »
Don’t have a problem until they say you go over again and again sorry cant do the dialect.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John_Flynn

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 11:15:08 pm »
You been working in Bradford, Len ???
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 12:11:35 am »
John

Where’s that is it near Sheffield Shaun? ;D ;D At the moment I only work Greater London/Kent and a smudging of Middlesex and of course ESSEX and not to forget Southern Spain where the speekey the lingo, this time last year I was out there, roll on January.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

clive

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 12:28:58 am »
Hi Steve.
I have ordered a new ford tranny with a max 450d being fitted. picking it up next week. Hopefully have sold the bane!

Clive

Doug Holloway

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 04:58:07 pm »
Len,

A few weeks ago I had not one but a whole family of four ,mother , husband , grandmother and daughter all in the bathroom and all giving it you go over again , AND I hadn't even started.

I told them it was impossible to work this way but as they all con each other ,  they trust nobody.

Reminded me of why I don't normally do this sort of work.

Mines a chicken vindaloo,

Cheers,

Doug

Derek

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2004, 06:36:40 pm »
Have you been working in Leicester Doug  ;)

Derek

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 09:54:40 pm »
Today they left the house

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 07:44:34 pm »

Steve, Me outside the old Mitchell garage before the facelift.  ::)