Help
« on: October 17, 2006, 04:00:24 pm »
Hi Guys,

Had a call today regarding Diesel being spilled on a carpet in the boot of a car! Any of you guys tackled this before?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

John Kelly

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 06:22:31 pm »
Best bet is to take the carpet out of the boot. You may need to undo a couple of bits of trim. This will enable you to access the back of the carpet which sometimes has padding(foam) attached to it, also the base of the boot pan.
Any citrus based cleaner or Ultra Pac should cope with it using hot water. Always manmade, usually Nylon or Poyprop.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 09:12:16 pm »
Cheers John,

There if a sort of felt under the carpet apparently, anyhow i gave prochem a call earlier and they suggested Chrystal green followed by fibre & fabric rinse then a deodariser.

Sounds like you were spot on though mate!

I did suggest they just buy a knew bit of Carpet etc but they are willing to pay me probably the most ive ever heard of per square meter to have a go. Fools and there money are soon parted! ;D :-X

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:16:28 pm »
Just remember Rob you will need to make sure you flush it all out first time. Best just pre spray and use buckets of hot water to get the thick off, then finish with your machine.
If you don't they'll have you back as it stinks.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 09:21:38 pm »
Cheers again John,

Its actually for the Fire brigade, i have a deal with a garage to look after some of there vehicles so i need to get it right!

Thanks again

Rob.

STEVE PARKIN

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 09:51:27 pm »
had one myself last year, take carpet out, soak with degreasing agent allow to dwell, rince with hose pipe, finish with extractor and deodorizing agent, repeat if nesessary, worked a treat,

stu_thomson

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 10:13:32 pm »
make sure you charge a premium rate for this service as the smell hangs around in your machine and pipes for ages, not nice for the next job!

regards
stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

ollie

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 09:11:31 am »
Have you tried bkleen by clover ..its made just for car interiors and meant for oily type stains and spills.
Regards
ollie
ollie