wynne jones

FSB Business banking
« on: March 04, 2013, 03:38:29 pm »
Anyone use FSB/Co-Op?

Been reviewing my bank charges with Lloyds and they are taking the pee. Looking at the FSB offering via the Co-op it looks very attractive.

Is it too good to be true though, what are the downsides if any?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Richard Cole

Re: FSB Business banking
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 03:49:33 pm »
Do you need to be with the FSB to get free banking with the Co-op i thought it was free anyway but business users,  kind of defeats the object though if you have to pay to be a member of the FSB to get free banking.  Have thought about it myself and for me the downside is that there are not so many branches, so easy for me to use HSBC around my neck of the woods. You can do your banking at the Post Office with a Co-op bank account but it will take a day or two longer to hit your account. I use to be a Sub-Postmaster and the other downside of banking through the Post Office is that all though they use the internal mail for banking purposes paper work did on occasion go missing and you are also at the mercy of poorly trained staff who might make mistakes.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Chris_Thomas

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:48:04 pm »
The Coop supply free prepaid envelopes, just send your cheques in the post. I've been in the scheme for 6 years and have never been in my branch.
IMO FSB is worth the money for the Abbey Tax Protection alone.

wynne jones

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:35:26 pm »
Well I'm joining fab anyway but the co op reviews are a bit patchy, but then apart from first direct I can't think of a bank that people don't slag off.

jim mca

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:47:06 pm »
Wynne
I find it ok about 9 months you can pay money in at your selected post office with cheques or post cheques direct you get a little token looks like a mini calculator to generate passwords  when using the internet banking

Richard Cole

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:08:50 am »
Well I'm joining fab anyway but the co op reviews are a bit patchy, but then apart from first direct I can't think of a bank that people don't slag off.

I bank with First Direct, great bank, shame they don't do business accounts though :o
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

wynne jones

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:20 am »
Thanks for the info guys.

vince viola

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 08:55:38 am »
I use santander business banking.It is a postal account but there are no charges and you even get interest on it (barely anything).

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 09:21:02 am »
The Coop supply free prepaid envelopes, just send your cheques in the post. I've been in the scheme for 6 years and have never been in my branch.
IMO FSB is worth the money for the Abbey Tax Protection alone.

I was in a scheme where you just pop checks in post with Abey £750 went astray  Abey attitude tough One Customer refused to reissue check for £200 .