Poll

Will window cleaners get help from the government?

Yes
51.4%
18 (51.4%)
No
48.6%
17 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

High-Tower

Re: Will We Get Shafted Today?
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 02:02:53 pm »
If they don't help because they consider us as low risk, we'll be allowed to work. Responsibly.
Will they specify window cleaning as low risk? I'm not sure.

Doesn’t matter how low risk we are.
My income is down 70% for the foreseeable future because shops/offices/hotels/pubs are shut due to the virus. Just the same as any other self employed or freelancer who has lost work due to it - high risk or not.

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 02:05:29 pm »
I’m pretty much screwed as of Monday

How’s the heater sales going ?.. maybe concentrate on building a load of them and get a stock  by you Ime sure they will sell in there droves .
I’m doing one at the moment but am short of a few bits which I can’t now get !
The heat exchanger is also stuck at the fabricators , no answer on the phone so they are probably locked down !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

johnny bravo

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 02:20:54 pm »
id rather go back to work.     If the government let public know  who CAN work  without getting any backlash off the general public

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 02:43:03 pm »
If they don't help because they consider us as low risk, we'll be allowed to work. Responsibly.
Will they specify window cleaning as low risk? I'm not sure.

Doesn’t matter how low risk we are.
My income is down 70% for the foreseeable future because shops/offices/hotels/pubs are shut due to the virus. Just the same as any other self employed or freelancer who has lost work due to it - high risk or not.
That wasn't my point. My point was you would still be able to work and I am sympathetic to the fact that your income is well done. It's not good .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 02:45:52 pm »
I wouldn’t get backlash my stuff is out in the back and beyond,I’ve had a couple more texts please come if you are able 👍

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 02:46:54 pm »
Not really enough.
More than enough if you're on a ventilator.

I don’t think that’s who it would be aimed at and it certainly wasn’t what my comment was regarding. But you know that. You’re just being obtuse Griff.
I'm not.
But it's a balancing act between containing the virus and damaging the economy. There's nothing to stop a self employed person getting the government help and the virus.
This virus doesn't just affect those that are not self employed.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 03:04:32 pm »
As far as those ventilators go I would tell Dyson to stick em up his arse,moves all his manufacturing to a place where all this started and then beg him to make these things lol.
I wouldn’t give him a pile of dust.

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 03:48:29 pm »
I don't think it's worth guessing. We'll know in a matter of hours. If they rule out window cleaners and other sole traders working outside and alone as being eligible for whatever assistance they announce then that's surely a green flag and thumbs up to resume or carry on. The public and customers will also know for sure and so no backlash. I hope that is the case for us. Otherwise I'm going to end up an alcoholic with charges for domestic violence. 😭😬 ( that was me joking, but she is doing my head in and its only been 4 days lol)

Bungle

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 03:57:17 pm »
I don't think it's worth guessing. We'll know in a matter of hours. If they rule out window cleaners and other sole traders working outside and alone as being eligible for whatever assistance they announce then that's surely a green flag and thumbs up to resume or carry on. The public and customers will also know for sure and so no backlash. I hope that is the case for us. Otherwise I'm going to end up an alcoholic with charges for domestic violence. 😭😬 ( that was me joking, but she is doing my head in and its only been 4 days lol)

My fear is the customers won’t want us if we’re given the go ahead to resume. A lot of us will go to the wall.

If they don’t look after us the least they can do is they can start paying paid holidays and sick pay for us.
We look at them, they look through them.

Missing Link

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 05:10:21 pm »
Sounds pretty good to me 80% pay for three months, longer if necessary, if your business has been affected by covid-19.

Look forward to the small print though.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

deeege

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 05:12:09 pm »
Sounds pretty good to me 80% pay for three months, longer if necessary, if your business has been affected by covid-19.

Exactly.

Seems pretty comprehensive but there was a few worrying lines in there.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Bungle

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 05:24:30 pm »

Agreed. He said 90% will be looked after. No mention of safe working methods. Not told to stop work as of now. Capped at £50k. I suppose the 90% come into the earning up to £50k. I’m staying off but it could be a couple of months before we get any money.
We look at them, they look through them.

davids3511

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 05:26:36 pm »

Exactly.

Seems pretty comprehensive but there was a few worrying lines in there.
The NI savings by being limited are going to go. They tried to a few years ago but there was uproar

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 05:28:56 pm »
Thread locked.
It's a game of three halves!