CleaningAce

Removing vanish from floor without sanding!
« on: October 29, 2004, 03:02:56 pm »
I recently applied vanish to a Parquet wooden flooring. 
The customer complained that they had prefared it with the single layer application that I had previously put down and that the additional two layers recently applied made the floor too shiny as well as being too much on the floor. 

Can anyone advise how I can go about the task of removing vanish from the floor without sanding all over again? 
Also has anyone who has used Paint & Vanish Remover before got any advise?
Please post reponses on Cleanitup, or e-mail me direct info@cleaningace.co.uk

ABLECLEAN

Re: Removing vanish from floor without sanding!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 01:12:19 am »
Do you mean "Varnish" ?

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 06:28:37 pm »
Dont know much on wooden floors however, I would think sanding would be a tidier way to go. What is the area of the floor? This would be a factor to consider for your treatment.

patrickfarrington

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 07:16:54 pm »
Hi
To remove varnish , bournseal or a build up of years of neglect of dirt and other maintainers without sanding. You can use a product called super stripper from British Nova , what you do is to apply the super stripper by mop and use a high productivity pad from 3m , a slow speed scrub machine - ie 150 rpm approx - and what happens is the stripper works on the seal like paint stripper using the machine with the pad on the slurry gets absorbed into the pad from the floor , you turn the pad over when it gets loaded , use the other side . when both sides are clogged up use a new pad and so on. the pads are left to dry overnight . You can then shake them out and reuse them on your next job. It's a little costly to set the system up but well worth it  - no sanding , no dust to clean up which can take days to remove. I have used this system for years , you can charge a little more for the job and it is much quicker for the customer. I have done floors in pubs and they can use the floor after 24 hours , but that would depend on the product you put down to seal the floor, remember some products need to cure before any traffic is allowed on it.
A word of warning plenth of ventilation when using any stripping agent especially super stripper or nitromores.

If you are interested in the system give me a ring I will put you in touch with the rep from British Nova and other info you might need.
Paddy  07976 -723522

CraigF

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 03:56:12 pm »
Ronseal do a varnish remover, dont know if you can get it b&q and the likes, try builders merchants, decorating centres, and the like.

Jonny jones

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 08:31:52 pm »
dont listen to them, just use an airflow and put scotch mesh under neath. take it down to the wood, use orbital on the edges.  should do the job.
or just tell them u have to sand it again and tell them you r charging them again.

goodluck jonny