Recent Posts

Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Talk to me about franchising please
« Last post by Stoots on Today at 01:34:04 pm »
I think you could run any business from abroad these days.

You could probably go on the laptop find an employee and train him via video. All customers can be gained online. There's no real need to physically do anything.

Doesn't sound like much of a retirement though.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Talk to me about franchising please
« Last post by Soupy on Today at 10:58:11 am »
Could you run the business from abroad? I want to sell up and be a digital nomad. Be good to have some money coming in from a franchise.

If you are willing to invest in back end support (admin and practical) then I see no reason why not.

Obviously you're going to need a few franchisees to make that viable, and it will cut into your margins.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Fantastic weather at last!
« Last post by Bungle on Today at 10:03:48 am »
The fizzy was a classic in its day. There was also the Honda AP50, which was viewed as a more conservative mode of transport, the fizzy was definitely the go-to mean machine for those trying to impress the ladies.

The AP50 was Suzuki was it not? Honda has the SS50.
I had a Yamaha TY50 then a Kawasaki AR50 which I put the 80 kit on.😁

AP was a Suzuki. I had a TY50 too.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Fantastic weather at last!
« Last post by Bungle on Today at 10:03:09 am »
1973  french ;D fizzy, i've got english style tank, side panels and a few more bits and pieces to fit.

Like an old Rd 50?

My mate had a white and red RD50. Put a full fairing on it and dropped a 100cc engine in it 
Could you run the business from abroad? I want to sell up and be a digital nomad. Be good to have some money coming in from a franchise.

Honestly?  No.  The franchisees would soon work out that you're doing nothing at all for them.  Franchising is a partnership and if you approach it as just a way of making money, it'll fall to pieces.

Here's an example. If a franchisee phones, no matter what I'm doing, I'll check if it's urgent and, if it is, I'll deal with it then.  If there's a problem with van or equipment, I'll suggest a fix over the phone. If it can't be fixed and is affecting his ability to work, I'll drop what I'm doing and drive to where he is to fix it and, if it's fixable, I'll spend however long it takes to get them back earning again.  It's part of the deal.

Bizarrely, renting out work seems to bring in a similar percentage and sounds much more suited to what you're thinking of.

Vin
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Pressure Washing
« Last post by Stoots on Today at 09:00:24 am »
You are right Daz from a simplicity point of view and probably from a financial one window cleaning makes more sense.

But it's not all about the money if window cleaning made me 100k a year it wouldn't make it any much more enjoyable. You still have to do it no matter what you get paid.
« Last post by dazmond on Today at 08:10:30 am »
My work doesn't change all year round.i clean the same in the winter as I do in the summer.

4 x 6 hour days per week

If pressure washing is seasonal you must work a lot more in the warmer months then?
« Last post by dazmond on Today at 07:55:24 am »
PW is just seasonal so that's why I only put it in the van when I need it. The bin holds the hose and lances. I make £200 to £400 a job for not more than 4hrs work. Not looking for big money but just to break up my window cleaning. I mostly PW for my customers which means I get repeat business. When customers know you can do other tasks like building fences, laying patios, cutting hedges, trees and oddjob stuff then one will never have a clear day. Only thing is you need to pace yourself or you end up with too much work.

Or you end up running round like a blue arse fly!🤣👍

Each to their own but I'd rather just earn as much as I can for the least amount of time/hassle and that for me is Maintenance window cleaning now I'm in my 50s...

« Last post by dazmond on Today at 07:50:43 am »
Good day today for PW a driveway. I always book mine in when its a day like today and raining all day. It means the surface is wet and dirt a tad softer which I find I can do the job in half the time. The customer doesn't seem to bother as long as its getting done. Next week I go back and sand it and then in a months time I go back and spray weedkiller on any weeds coming through. Usually do it when I'm back cleaning their windows due to repeat business.

I couldn't be arsed with all that myself.....

I just trained my window cleaning customers that i work in the rain all year round,if they don't like it they get dumped.

You must need a large van for all your pressure washing equipment.the extra expenses involved and general faff it's not worth it.

I earn £80-£100 an hour on some of my window cleaning work and my average is around £50 an hour on even my cheaper run of the mill estate work plus its repeat work every few months
« Last post by michael mckeary on Today at 07:45:15 am »
PW is just seasonal so that's why I only put it in the van when I need it. The bin holds the hose and lances. I make £200 to £400 a job for not more than 4hrs work. Not looking for big money but just to break up my window cleaning. I mostly PW for my customers which means I get repeat business. When customers know you can do other tasks like building fences, laying patios, cutting hedges, trees and oddjob stuff then one will never have a clear day. Only thing is you need to pace yourself or you end up with too much work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10