psh2580

North West business for Sale
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:06:29 am »
Commercial cleaning Contracts in Altrincham, Sale, Manchester, Ardwick. 9 reliable staff, equipment if required. Advertised on leading business sale sites. Decent turnover £100K+. Majority of contracts loyal to 5+ years. Will sell name if wanted or bolt on to your existing business.

Josh moss

Re: North West business for Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 01:01:05 pm »
Hi we are based in Cheshire and would like to hear more about your company for sale would it be possible to call you please.

Kind regards josh

psh2580

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 02:02:12 pm »
Of course no problem. You get hold of Joe on 0161 962 8642

Really sorry. Only just noticed the number was wrong...

Archer

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 10:04:53 pm »
Can I just ask,

9 staff ?

What wages do they get paid, are they part time, as full time would be over £100k alone

What is profit compared to turnover please

psh2580

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 11:12:38 pm »
Archer

Thanks for your interest. Yes part time and running at around 32k wages at 60% profits with directors wages removed

RAHomeServices

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:42:17 am »
Just a few questions I would like to ask.
What type of cleaning is undertaken? as your company registration is for the collection of hazardous waste.
Is it your business you are selling or just these contracts?
If it is the contracts then how much are they worth and how long left on each contract, also is there provision in the contracts for them to be transferred over to a third party.
Are the 9 staff under TUPE?
If your turnover is 100k and liabilities are only 32k then profit would be 68K. However you have liabilities of over 5k. I am a bit confused about this!
Based on these figures we would not be interested in purchasing your business
We would however be interested in the contracts.

psh2580

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 01:10:32 pm »
RAHomeServices

Just a few questions I would like to ask -

Thank you for your interest

What type of cleaning is undertaken? as your company registration is for the collection of hazardous waste -

Where have you found this information as we haven't given details of company name or registration number. Have you found it on a business sales site? I will look into it. We are a commercial cleaning company. If it is registered on this site - I can't find it to ammend

Is it your business you are selling or just these contracts? Either

If it is the contracts then how much are they worth and how long left on each contract, also is there provision in the contracts for them to be transferred over to a third party -

We have purposely left out details of the contracts on the advert so the contracts are not put under jeopardy, if we were seen as actively selling. We have had contracts for up to 10 years. Each contract having been over 1 year are on rolling monthly contracts to 3 months notice. Contracts range from just £60 a month through to £2100. We have good relationships with each one and we will be around for 'x' amount of time after sale to smoothly hand over avoiding the complication of 3rd party or sub contract workers, which can upset the applecart

Are the 9 staff under TUPE?

All staff in the UK have the right to use a TUPE agreement when contracts are lost to other businesses?

If your turnover is 100k and liabilities are only 32k then profit would be 68K. However you have liabilities of over 5k. I am a bit confused about this!

We mentioned in our advert that the turnover was 100+, not 100K. Again so clients/competitors do not put 2 and 2 together, working out who we were and move on our contracts or seek other cleaners. Our turnover is around 120

Based on these figures we would not be interested in purchasing your business
We would however be interested in the contracts.

We are happy to dissolve the company and sell the contracts or sell the company as one to smoothly hand over without disruption. My father and owner is back form holiday tomorrow evening, however you can contact him over the weekend to discuss in more detail if required