landy2

Re: Nationals...... ask them?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 06:44:05 pm »
Do the nationals clean window or do they just send the invoces in as the ones i see windows are always dirty , if the managers of these shops had there heart in the job would know and these big nationals would be no longer as they would not make it pay as they would actualy have to pay wages . ;D ;D

Llaaww

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 07:13:16 pm »
I have been told by a customer that worked for Mi**e that they do some contacts at a loss :o :o :o

Paul

The trouble is that they don't really do it at a loss. they simply do not do the work as promised, but contimue to put the bill in, and collect the money.

I am sharking one that I lost a while back. The manager is on the case and we are looking very closely at the service and billing records. When it comes I will take great pleasure in kicking them hard in the sack. The shop has been cleaned twice since january.

are you for real or what 1 and i mean 1 boots store!!!!
how did dave morris feel losing 300

I know that Dave shrugged it off and kept going, and he did lose a lot compared to my one. For me it is more about being kicked in the sack after providing years of good quality service.

After 25 years I have seen nationals come and go, and have often managed to sneak in the back door and bag some good sites, only to see them snatched away by a feckless "national" who can't be bothered to turn up and do the work.

It takes no skin off my nose to wait until these people get caught stealing, I have to go there anyway. So I will wait patiently until they hang themselves. If I get my way they will lose the lot.

Still missed off to lose a good job.

if it is dirty it is fair game

pitcher

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 08:54:22 pm »
Im a subby for a few national

i cover 4 countys

run 4 vans
employ 5 men and 1 subby
fully train
chas approved and safecontractor

1 van covers just under 1000 resy customers with help from all vans every 6weeks

i dont no how many retail stores shops banks etc we cover in a month(not sad anoth to count them)

none of my lads are on min wage

so why have you got to put this type of work down   if you dont like it  dont do it

i like it so i do it

this does not mean i risk   h&s  if anything we do more

so please dont paint us with the same brush

i know when it raining on wednesday we will be working

will you

Erithwc

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 09:01:25 pm »
The thing is 99% of people on here will do their shopping in a supermarket each week not the local corner shop  ;) ;)

You would get better meat and service from a local bucher yet we still go to the supermarket.

Paul

pitcher

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 09:04:28 pm »
so what alot off you are saying  if you do this type of work your a crap window clean

Frankybadboy

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 09:05:53 pm »
I have been told by a customer that worked for Mi**e that they do some contacts at a loss :o :o :o

Paul

The trouble is that they don't really do it at a loss. they simply do not do the work as promised, but contimue to put the bill in, and collect the money.

I am sharking one that I lost a while back. The manager is on the case and we are looking very closely at the service and billing records. When it comes I will take great pleasure in kicking them hard in the sack. The shop has been cleaned twice since january.

I know that Dave shrugged it off and kept going, and he did lose a lot compared to my one. For me it is more about being kicked in the sack after providing years of good quality service.

After 25 years I have seen nationals come and go, and have often managed to sneak in the back door and bag some good sites, only to see them snatched away by a feckless "national" who can't be bothered to turn up and do the work.

It takes no skin off my nose to wait until these people get caught stealing, I have to go there anyway. So I will wait patiently until they hang themselves. If I get my way they will lose the lot.

mate you really need to get a life  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 09:12:59 pm »
Im a subby for a few national

i cover 4 countys

run 4 vans
employ 5 men and 1 subby
fully train
chas approved and safecontractor

1 van covers just under 1000 resy customers with help from all vans every 6weeks

i dont no how many retail stores shops banks etc we cover in a month(not sad anoth to count them)

none of my lads are on min wage

so why have you got to put this type of work down   if you dont like it  dont do it

i like it so i do it

this does not mean i risk   h&s  if anything we do more

so please dont paint us with the same brush

i know when it raining on wednesday we will be working

will you

I'm sure you are a great boss, however, my experience is that the more that take a cut the more likely the shop gets a bad job done.

What sort of checks do you do on your staff and what checks do the nationals do on you?

Llaaww

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 09:18:12 pm »

Paul

mate you really need to get a life  ;D ;D ;D ;D
;)
if it is dirty it is fair game

G Griffin

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 09:23:36 pm »
The people losing out to the nationals is the customer.
I can't be the only one who has seen them turn up, get out the van, look at the glass and drive off.
One set I've seen just sat in the van for the duration of their visit.

Because it's a national that is at the top of the tree they can't really effectivley  complain to anyone.

I don't think their windows are that much of a priority to them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »
I can't be the only one who has seen them turn up, get out the van, look at the glass and drive off.

Because it's a national that is at the top of the tree they can't really effectivley  complain to anyone.

Oh ok. I guess that makes it ok then...

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »

Oh ok. I guess that makes it ok then...

It doesn't really affect me.
And with the shops, yes; which is what really matters; they are the ones paying.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

pitcher

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »
we take it turn to do the different rounds
so no one get lazy on a store
if jobs not done right the national are soon on my back
so do job right easy life
so im not a crap window cleaner or are my lads
this is the way life is going like it or not
why stress yourself over what business like us do
also on the h&s side when training 2 off my lads work was put to side to use as example
for other training corses
as for payment same week every month   easy life

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 09:51:19 pm »
work comes an goes most store shop work
i do of a monday morning
an if iv gota walk past it i may aswell
clean it  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

mikey

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:00 pm »
well i did say i did not care but iam asking  how do you get into subbing work to me  do i have to sign up to be on there payroll  or do i get cash as a sole trader  but i dont do shops i do houses  so i would be looking at commercial work would a percentage go to them i take the rest who does the risk assesments method statements etc   8) 8)