magic moments

advice on customer
« on: June 13, 2012, 09:31:36 pm »
I have cleaned her 3 times now ,very nice and down to earth lady,I have to ring first for access,been trying for last 2 weeks and got through today,she said she been away,and wouldn't have had windows done due to weather and also told me to ring back on Monday and she let me know what she's doing as she on leave again next week, annoying how people think like I can just wait around for them etc,would you simply ring and follow instruction for their cash?

SB Cleaning

Re: advice on customer
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »
I would of said they either get done monday or wait till next time(in a polite manner).

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:37:15 pm »
nope we wouldnt!

i had a similar a couple of months back, and explained to her that we come on specific days when we are doing our round in that area.  it was quite a long conversation...  she ended up saying that she wasnt used to businesses telling her when they would come, she felt we should fit in with her.  i explained that if she was having a one off clean (at 3 times the price min £45), we could book it in off schedule, but as she had been quoted the regular clean price, then we have to do these on the day that we are seeing our other clients in her area.

she said she'd call me back....  still waiting  :D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dotty

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:44:44 pm »
some think you on dole and dont pay tax she got no respect for you dump
p doherty

SPE

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:22:01 pm »
some think you on dole and dont pay tax she got no respect for you dump
publics perception to window cleaning is very different to ours (its our job afterall)
e.g. we are a service industry just like plumbers, sparkies, odd jobs, gardeners, etc. you name it.
They expect to be able to call and book you in, happens to me all the time too.
Theres always jobs where its a terrace and they need to be home to have backs done, or want an inside clean as well, lets not forget they have busy lives too and may need to take a morning off work .... have you ever had to take time off to be home for a bt engineer or a sofa to be delivered ?

nearly all my round is sorted with hassle free regular easy access jobs (no need for homeowner to be present) , turn up, clean, leave bill if not home, and get paid cheque or bacs within a few days.

Magic, she probably doesnt realise how annoying it is to you, leave the ball in her court dont go ringing her !
 I've had plenty of similar situations, no need to drop them.
Just explain that their needs do not fit into the scheduled round of your work,
that for a moderate surcharge you are happy to clean for them at a time convenient to them within your stated working hours, but with atleast a weeks notice (or whatever you decide)
She may only call you once or twice a year or maybe more, but so what, its all money innit ?
Probably got a dozen or so good priced customers now that I have this arrangement with, they keep coming back 2 or 3 times a year and its much less hassle.
Simon  ;)

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:24:58 pm »
Just drop her.

windiewasher

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:26:37 pm »
If i cant get round backs and get no reply i just clean the fronts and go back 4 weeks later.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

magic moments

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 10:32:28 pm »
Thanks for the replys its appreciated I'm going to phone on Monday and see what she says,then I will explain about having other customers so need to agree on a better schedule,there's no reason she can't just leave gate unlocked as its. a detatched house,I want customers who want and appreciate a regular window cleaner hopefully she Will agree as she is a higher priced job every 4 weeks

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 02:27:42 am »
offer her 2mthly at xxx ammount of £££££
forget richard speech 45 quid
yeah lad yrl get loads in wxm  ??? ???
tell yr other guy not to park his van by mine again
in wxm as its in poor state  ;D ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 06:53:11 am »
i phone or text every one of my custys the night before . it is defo the way forward .i also give every one a free clean at xmas . it works for me

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 07:21:24 am »
I've started buying Christmas presents for all my custies already. My spare room is nearly full now.

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 07:57:05 am »
I have cleaned her 3 times now ,very nice and down to earth lady,I have to ring first for access,been trying for last 2 weeks and got through today,she said she been away,and wouldn't have had windows done due to weather and also told me to ring back on Monday and she let me know what she's doing as she on leave again next week, annoying how people think like I can just wait around for them etc,would you simply ring and follow instruction for their cash?

you either make your business suite the customers or the customers suite your business!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 07:57:21 am »
i phone or text every one of my custys the night before . it is defo the way forward .i also give every one a free clean at xmas . it works for me

Sorry Barry - this isn't the way forward - I put a handwritten letter through their door asking for permission to text the night before. Also I don't celebrate Xmas so I clean their car for free on their wedding anniversary.

Deffo works for me - gott'em queuing up!!!!
It's a game of three halves!

magic moments

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 08:01:09 am »
[/quote

you either make your business suite the customers or the customers suite your business!

What would you do?

carl stanton

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 08:20:17 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry Barry - this isn't the way forward - I put a handwritten letter through their door asking for permission to text the night before. Also I don't celebrate Xmas so I clean their car for free on their wedding anniversary.

Ian101

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 09:03:41 am »

I like that quote Bob wish I was clever like you  ;)

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 09:10:37 am »
gold your a genius . years in front .you got me thinking ;)

Ian101

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 09:14:26 am »

You say u put a handwritten note thru door asking permission to text ... what if they dont want you to give you permission to text ? ........... maybe a stamped address enverlope with a permission slip they can post to you to get their permission to text the night before to get their permission to text them to get their permission to clean the windows the next day or when it suits them ... just an idea and will take some organising but hey Im gonna try this as defo way foward in keeping customers happy.

Ian101

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 09:17:25 am »

Think you need to let her know how YOUR business operates and if she cant fit in with YOUR way of doing things then maybe she needs to find a new windie ........... simples !!

unless if course your into bend over backwards "customer service" and "providing customer delight" if so crack on  ;D

dotty

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 03:17:08 pm »
dump dump dump next she will be saying clean them at 12 on sunday them next time can you clean friday at 7 will put light on had it done to me but theres only so much you can take know matter what you do it int enough
p doherty

magic moments

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 03:29:17 pm »
Thank you I will speak to her as planned ,before replacing .

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:53 pm »
If you are a newbie (and it sounds like you might be) then to start with you will just have to put up with the crap customers or lose money. Just keep plugging away until the day comes when you have loads of work then simply dump the trouble makers. The next newbie that comes along will pick them up.

Tom White

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »
The next newbie that comes along will pick them up.

We ought to be able - by law - to brand bad customers on their foreheads.  "BC" for example, so the next window cleaner knows to stay clear of 'em.

C o z y

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 05:48:27 pm »
Why stop there? Some windies could be stamped with K.H. so the customers know that the windie is one.

Part of customer service really  ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Perfect Windows

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 06:04:06 pm »
Dump and replace with six

keyser soze

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 06:07:24 pm »
I've started buying Christmas presents for all my custies already. My spare room is nearly full now.

yeah treating all my custies to an all expence holiday in the seychelles  paid for by me

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 06:45:26 pm »
What is a K.H ?

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 06:51:33 pm »
i think he means numpty head?!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 06:52:58 pm »
numpty supposed to say K*N*O*B!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »
I feel like a right Richard Cranium now !  ;D

Rich   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Splash 4 Cash

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 10:56:16 pm »
How to avoid this type of customer a tip for newbies.When you canvass them never clean on the day they want always say I won`t be working in your area on that day but I could do you on this day.This is a nice way of telling them you are a busy window cleaner. Always carry a diary and say I could squeeze them in on this day.even say sorry no that time I will be busy and charge to another time.Never let them see the page you will be writing on  and new let you know you are a newbie rather act as if you a full widow cleaner. These Technic s will lead them and put you in control of the situation.   

C o z y

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 08:46:42 am »
Yep, it's called posture. Half the battle is getting posture right. If some customers think you're new to the game, they'll try to make you jump thru hoops. Let them know when you can fit the job in, otherwise you'll never have your work rate / earnings under your control.

Gotta go and earn a few pennies now.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

magic moments

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 09:02:19 am »
Prob made the mistake of letting it known I was new,oh well .... I must say something I have learned with customers its the ones you least expect that tend to try it on.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 09:09:57 am »
gold your a genius . years in front .you got me thinking ;)

Barry - I stand upon the shoulders of giants and you're the giant whose shoulders I stand upon.  ;)
It's a game of three halves!