dazmond

rained off!!sacking it for the day!
« on: April 17, 2012, 08:41:42 am »
all ready to go!but its bouncing down here,cold and blowing a gale!got lots of work to get through as had first week of easter off.

so hopefully my carbon gooseneck and extreme brush from gardiners and aqua-daptor bits will arrive today! :D :D

its truly awful out here in manchester.forecast bad all day.so time for another coffee and a blast on my drums in an hour or so!! :D :D :D :D

the gardeners have turned up to cut the grass on the landscaped grounds where i live.their soaked to the skin!!been there done that!long hours,crap money!!sometimes it make you realise its great to be your own boss!! :D :D :D

debt list it getting quite large now as ive been neglecting chasing up payments.im gonna go for it this evening and get it down to an acceptable level!

what a difference a day makes!yesterday was sunny and warm up here. it was almost a pleasure to be out on the glass!
price higher/work harder!

carl stanton

Re: rained off!!sacking it for the day!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:46:35 am »
looks like you might as well take the month off Dazz  ;D

bucketing it down in Norfolk to   :-\

but hey hoe i shall try and look busy so the wife dont give me stuff to do  :-X

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 08:55:04 am »
Raining here but supposed to be stopping later.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:58:35 am »
Should be raining here - but bright Sunny day instead
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sean Dyer

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:03:46 am »
Im gonna be out in sunny manchester today

going away thursday so cant afford to have more time off

TomCrowther

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 09:09:05 am »
Daz you slacker, it's eased off now and will only be the odd shower from 10:00 am!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:09:36 am »
thunder and lightening here now!!! :o :o :o :o

have you seen the warning on the slx poles?PLEASE DONT USE IN THUNDERSTORMS,CARBON CONDUCTS ELECTRICITY!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

its never stopped me before like when im in work mode.im defo NOT in work mode today though!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

no wife carl so i can sit on my arse all day if i want to!!!most of it will be sat on my drum stool knocking out some wicked rhythms on my kit!!

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:13:12 am »

have you seen the warning on the slx poles?PLEASE DONT USE IN THUNDERSTORMS,CARBON CONDUCTS ELECTRICITY!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

its never stopped me before like when im in work mode.im defo NOT in work mode today though!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

no wife carl so i can sit on my arse all day if i want to!!!most of it will be sat on my drum stool knocking out some wicked rhythms on my kit!!

Thats not wot your neighbours say!! ;D ;D

Bucketing down here but just about to get a large soffitt fascia job done-good luck everyone out and about today :) :)
we succeed because others can't or won't

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 09:16:24 am »
rained up till about 8.30 so just finishing off my cuppa then i of out hopefully even have a day will do me

ben M

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 09:21:44 am »

Daz, i've got a carbon gooseneck with my slx25 and i would like to add an aquadapter, could you let us know when you have it, what do you need to have to fix it and your feeling about it.

Thanks very much.

ben

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 09:29:34 am »
the suns come out now!!wind died down.so changeable this weather.i could go out and make a start but to be honest i cant be bothered!im waiting for 3-4 deliveries of equipment and a few other things ive bought online.worst thing to do though as they never turn up when you think they will!could be tomorrow now!!! ;D ;D ;D

thing ive learned over the years in this game is if your undecided about whether to go out or not is to just make a decision and stick to it.im mentally in a state of no im gonna have a chilled day off.i enjoy the day more then!!

guess what its blowing a gale again!heavy rain battering my windows!its gone really dark in my front room!!long may it continue for today at least!!ha!ha! ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 09:34:37 am »
no probs ben ill start another thread when i get it!i hope it comes today!!ive ordered the gooseneck adaptor from aquadaptor that screws on the end of it so i can fit my gooseneck.

my slx when i bought it last year is not the quick release thing they sell now.it came with a normal screw top fitting and standard angle adaptor.

regards

dazmond

ben M

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 09:37:55 am »
no probs ben ill start another thread when i get it!i hope it comes today!!ive ordered the gooseneck adaptor from aquadaptor that screws on the end of it so i can fit my gooseneck.

my slx when i bought it last year is not the quick release thing they sell now.it came with a normal screw top fitting and standard angle adaptor.

regards

dazmond
thank you Daz, by the way,lovely sun shine here in devon ( we had bad weather last night)

regards

ben

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 09:50:54 am »
just been out to the corner shop for some sugar.its very windy out there and cold too.this wind will just make a mess of  the windows with wfp.i know ive done it before and had complaints!!

its not rain thats the problem when wfp its the bloody wind!it can make a pigs ear out of cleaning windows and make you look crap!! :( :( ;D ;D

john stracey

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 10:02:16 am »
we need rain, so not entirely unhappy about it, can count number of lost days due to rain on one hand in the last year here in sunny worthing  8) [ .summer flooding on the way  >:(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 10:38:51 am »

Peeing down here.  Done asn early morning commercial.  Got the inside of another commercial to do as wel so willdo that later.  I don't mind working in rain but if I have inside work to do, no point getting wet.

carl stanton

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 10:58:05 am »

H S and Son

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 11:26:07 am »
This is what you really want Carl

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Wind isn't a problem Daz with WFP if things are wet, which they are. WFP and dry is where the problem lies. Just admit it, you've got no motivation  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :( :P :) :-* :-X :'( ???

Frankybadboy

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 04:10:26 pm »
your going soft in your old age daz ;D ;D ;D

you need to man up  ;D ;D

Tomboler

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 04:52:57 pm »
wet start then sunny with cloud all day, few spots of rain. Hoping for an all day deluge tomorow - I know you ruffy tuffies work when it's pouring but I'm in need of a day at one with the sofa

dave f

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 05:16:00 pm »
lashing down in west yorkshire so im off to the shed and finish buildin me custom motorcycle  for the oncoming rally season ;D ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 05:27:37 pm »
heavy rain here all day so i sacked the day in today too. and im gonna sack tomorrow off, forecast more of the same but with thunder in the mix too! ahh well :P

Cliff perkins

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 05:54:11 pm »
We need the rain lol.
I must be the only person who enjoys working in the rain,being at 1 with the elements hummmmmmmmm ;D.
Honestly it aint that bad with weather proofs,it must be from my old job im used to working outside in all conditions,i just get me head down and get on with it,the day soon goes and before you know its home time  ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Ian101

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 06:50:51 pm »
late start at 12 till 3  only managed 11 ... ok 5 of them were bungerlows ... so not too upset

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:49 pm »
hi guys managed 1030am-430pm and most custies paid me!sat in the van 930-1030 though as it was hammering it down then it cleared up with the occasional shower and drizzle.so nearly a full day in! ;D ;D ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 07:08:20 am »
work allday and no problems,

i was inside allday ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dand again today :o

jim bean

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:55 am »
No work for us tradders! Certainly won't be clambering across roofs 2day. I am actually missing being at work, got a load to catch up on, prob be may by the time I get round to it with what the weather people are saying!

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 08:11:54 am »
so how will you pay your bills jim?i remember a few years ago when it rained virtually every day all through the 6 week summer holidays!we have to get out there and have a positive attitude!

if its a washout with prolonged heavy rain then fair enough.if you just have low motivation and fancy a day off ok also but if you live in fear that custies wont like you cleaning when its raining or  believe the forecasts and dont bother going out youll quickly find yourself getting miles behind with work and no money coming in!!

i did work in the rain trad but hated it at times.cleaning in the rain WFP is just so much easier!your missing out big time jim.on earnings and safety and ease of being able to stay out and crack a good days work out with WFP.

BEST WISHES

dazmond

gary999

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 08:14:52 am »
worked yesterday 12:30 till 6pm got all work done rained on and off most the day
never bothers me much in fact i quite enjoy it

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 08:20:53 am »
Thats it I am off out now. Turn off my Tap and use the Natural resources provided.

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:44 am »
Been up with kids though the night when i looked out the window  bone dry and no rain now sat in the motor waiting to start work every time i get ready to start the rain starts hammering down and the wind starting to pick up . Roll on next friday and long weekend away with the family umtill then ill try and get some work done

SB Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 12:09:45 pm »
Lovely day until 10mins ago!

Hammering it down with rain/hail now >:(

jim bean

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 02:04:30 pm »
so how will you pay your bills jim?i remember a few years ago when it rained virtually every day all through the 6 week summer holidays!we have to get out there and have a positive attitude!

if its a washout with prolonged heavy rain then fair enough.if you just have low motivation and fancy a day off ok also but if you live in fear that custies wont like you cleaning when its raining or  believe the forecasts and dont bother going out youll quickly find yourself getting miles behind with work and no money coming in!!

i did work in the rain trad but hated it at times.cleaning in the rain WFP is just so much easier!your missing out big time jim.on earnings and safety and ease of being able to stay out and crack a good days work out with WFP.
dazmond

Have no bills mate live with my mum and brothers, only bills are care insurance and board :) Washing ironing cooking all sorted lol too easy to move out bro!
About the Wfp, I will be changing over, however I'm paying 3G a year car insurance ATM an that don't cover for business purposes! When I've got my years no claims my mates gonna let me use his van and I'm straight on it, although I'm gonna leave it for the custy to decide how they want them done. I've only just started working alone 2 months ago due to my partner being a idiot and robbing work and equipment and getting police involved even tho it was my dads round! And I'm on suspended sentence so no chance of kicking his door off and givin him a good shoe in.
Doing much better alone though, gained £100 a months work in 2 months thru custard recommending me, got a nice £100 school 4 times a year and my old customers are putting the prices up on their own!! Customers saying well ur dads been doin em 10 year and no price increase so were putting it up! Sound...

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 08:21:43 pm »
Worked all week come rain or shine with no problems with customers paying without saying anything about the rain.

I talked to a felllow mate window cleaning and he said he just started cleaning number 65 and she came out and told him not to come back as its gong to rain in a bit, and it wasn't raining at the time.... ;D ;D ;D