♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: Ultimatum from the bank
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 08:01:47 am »
All the bank wants to do is charge you more money. There is no reason why a sole trader should have a business account, none at all. There is nothing different about a business account except the fees structure. Its a con pure and simple

When I had this from Lloyds I opened an account with Santandair and then funnily enough Lloyds stopped moaning

Agree 100%. ;)

Tom White

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 08:41:23 am »
i would open a Halifax account right now. i have a nationwide and a halifax ,neither has  ever given me grief once i started not using the counter to pay in at . then theres the other building societies,open up with them . i opened mine all online from the comfort of my chair

halifax i had to pay in £100 to open it up fully, i dunno if thats the firms rule,i felt that it was the big momma behind the counter tryin to bully me ,see if i actually had 100 to my name !

Halifax are pretty good; you can use any post office to pay cheques into too.

Johnny B

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 08:50:30 am »
I was with the Halifax a few years ago, and when I went in one rainy day I was asked if I would like a business account.

I replied that I had a poor credit rating, and would therefore wouldn't qualify. The very helpful lady offered to see what she could do, so we sat down and discussed the nature of my  business etc.

She then went away to make the relevant phone calls. When she returned I was told that the computer says no!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rycalshaw

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 10:08:20 am »
interesting topic this,,if you have a company name ie crystal clear,rise and shine etc,can you still deposit cheques made out to your company name into your personal account or would you have to have a business account ..

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 10:14:32 am »
interesting topic this,,if you have a company name ie crystal clear,rise and shine etc,can you still deposit cheques made out to your company name into your personal account or would you have to have a business account ..
what do you think is the answer ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

rg1

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 11:29:23 am »

You can only deposit business name cheques into a business account, not a personal account. ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

trevor summerfield

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 03:09:03 pm »
i dont think its a legal requirement for sole traders to have a biz account

Gary nee

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 04:31:27 pm »
i dont think its a legal requirement for sole traders to have a biz account

The banks choice.... id get shot of you, a wage is one tranaction a week, no labour, however window cleaners cheques etc lots transactions, so more work,and they are a business so have to charge, get real.

Johnny B

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 04:39:55 pm »
As I am a sole trader, I see no need to have a business account. The cheques I received were made payable to me and paid into my personal account. Never had any issues with the bank over this other than being offered a business account which I couldn't get anyway.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Tomboler

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 06:26:08 pm »
I'm going to ignore the whole situation for the moment, I think someone at the branch is put out and trying to yank my chain. Quiet resistance is my way forward - paying cheques into the machine and using a bigger busier branch. I'm not actually sure that they can look at my account just for the sake of it anyway - dosen't sound legal to me - snooping maybe  :-\

Londoner

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 06:34:22 pm »
Its like the Bank phones me up every few months and invites me in for a review of my account. I was silly enough to go in once. All they do is try to flog you stuff.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 07:43:23 pm »
Its like the Bank phones me up every few months and invites me in for a review of my account. I was silly enough to go in once. All they do is try to flog you stuff.

;D ;D ;D

They do that with me too. ::)

This is what I tell them- there's nothing you can offer me that I can't get elsewhere & cheaper, be grateful I still bank with you! ;D

Dave71

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 01:14:24 am »

You can only deposit business name cheques into a business account, not a personal account. ;)
not true i have a savings account with my bank and i only use this for my cheques has my name and buisness name

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 05:40:46 pm »
If your running a business then get a business account.
If you are a 2 bit cowboy stick with a personal account.  ;D
I think you mean 'you're' - but anyway thanks sunshine I wasn't asking whether or not you think I should have a business account or not I was wondering whether or not anyone else had had this ultimatum from their bank. I'm off to get the cattle in  :D
;D