Tomboler

Ultimatum from the bank
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:11:12 pm »
      I don't use a business account, I'm a sole trader and use a personal account. I know a lot on here think you should have a business account for whatever reason but I don't. I pay my cheques into one of the quietest branches this side of kabul. Today I had a letter from another local branch (that I don't use) telling me that 'the activity on the account dosen't reflect that of normal personal current account use' - they are giving me 30 days to move to a business account (which they aren't able to offer  ???)

I've a mortgage and have had other accounts with them for years. Anyone else had this? If you did move to a business account which did you go to?

thanks in advance
ngc

rah

Re: Ultimatum from the bank
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:22:55 pm »
I'm with Lloyds on there Electronic tariff. You will get a free period with most of the big banks, you could just keep moving between them if you wanted.

I have as many customers pay via bacs as I can, so no charge, but do get stung for cheques & robbed if I pay cash in or take it out at the counter.

Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:24:03 pm »
I had the same with Lloyds 2 years ago. I just closed all my accounts with them and went to Nationwide...in the 2 years I've been with them, they havent said a word  ;D

I dont know if it makes any difference but I pay cheques in use the paying in machine  ;)

Dont let the banks hold a gun to your head matey
You can't polish a turd

Tomboler

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:35:11 pm »
I had the same with Lloyds 2 years ago. I just closed all my accounts with them and went to Nationwide...in the 2 years I've been with them, they havent said a word  ;D

I dont know if it makes any difference but I pay cheques in use the paying in machine  ;)

It's funny you say that H2ose, it's the bloody Nationwide who  are moaning  >:( ! One thing that sticks in my mind is that a customer I took on a while back, for some wierdo reason, took umbridge to the fact that credit transfers went to a personal account ( he specifically asked me whether it was a business account or not). I just wondered whether for some mad reason he's been into the branch muck stiring. The branch that sent the letter is in his town.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid  :P

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »
If your running a business then get a business account.
If you are a 2 bit cowboy stick with a personal account.  ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 06:50:09 pm »
Its not always a policy of the bank to want to change you.Its aften some one in the bank saddled with selling business accounts so they do flag customers using and bulling customers to change.

Tomboler

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »
I think you mean 'you're' - but anyway thanks sunshine I wasn't asking whether or not you think I should have a business account or not I was wondering whether or not anyone else had had this ultimatum from their bank. I'm off to get the cattle in  :D

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 06:52:32 pm »
I think you mean 'you're' - but anyway thanks sunshine I wasn't asking whether or not you think I should have a business account or not I was wondering whether or not anyone else had had this ultimatum from their bank. I'm off to get the cattle in  :D
lol
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Tomboler

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 06:55:21 pm »
Its not always a policy of the bank to want to change you.Its aften some one in the bank saddled with selling business accounts so they do flag customers using and bulling customers to change.
nationwide don't do a business account wizkid, it's wierd but you'd think they'd want my money and something for the staff in the particular branch to do

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »

It's funny you say that H2ose, it's the bloody Nationwide who  are moaning  >:( ! One thing that sticks in my mind is that a customer I took on a while back, for some wierdo reason, took umbridge to the fact that credit transfers went to a personal account ( he specifically asked me whether it was a business account or not). I just wondered whether for some mad reason he's been into the branch muck stiring. The branch that sent the letter is in his town.

NO I WOULD SAY THATS CATEGORICAL PROOF! TIME TO DIG OUT THE BLACK WIDOW!  :(  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Tomboler

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 07:09:51 pm »

NO I WOULD SAY THATS CATEGORICAL PROOF! TIME TO DIG OUT THE BLACK WIDOW!  :(  ;D
him and his missus are high maintenence, I shouldn't have taken the job on, lots of puffing out cheeks and sighing type people

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 07:28:51 pm »

him and his missus are high maintenence, I shouldn't have taken the job on, lots of puffing out cheeks and sighing type people

If you can afford to, dump him just in case he did it. It will make you feel better  ;D

But before you dump him double his price and tell him its to cover banking costs  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

bobby p

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 07:38:13 pm »
i would open a Halifax account right now. i have a nationwide and a halifax ,neither has  ever given me grief once i started not using the counter to pay in at . then theres the other building societies,open up with them . i opened mine all online from the comfort of my chair

halifax i had to pay in £100 to open it up fully, i dunno if thats the firms rule,i felt that it was the big momma behind the counter tryin to bully me ,see if i actually had 100 to my name !

Tomboler

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 08:17:59 pm »
Thanks Cleancare n Bobby p, I think I'm gonna up their price just to make dealing with the joyless, energy sapping miserableness'es and then get the missus, who has steam coming out of her ears (she's an old Loco but I do love her) to get me another account on principal. I'm might also just ignore the letter and start paying cheques in via the machine.

I don't rely want to change bank details for credit transfers as it might confuse customers

firefly123

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 08:26:31 pm »
just use you business account for your monthly d deits put all other into a platinum ACCOUNT  YOU PAY 20  QUID A MONTH FOR THIS THEN YOU WILL GET NO JIP FROM BANKS
shiney one

Paul T

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 08:40:21 pm »
You can have as many personal accounts as you want  ;)

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 09:10:05 pm »
I think you mean 'you're' - but anyway thanks sunshine I wasn't asking whether or not you think I should have a business account or not I was wondering whether or not anyone else had had this ultimatum from their bank. I'm off to get the cattle in  :D
lol

Yeehaa!

Nearly spit my tea out laughing at that line.

Sorry, I was using a standard CIU response reply.
The other is, "Dump and replace with 2 new ones"
The grin indicated a lack of seriousness in the answer.
 :D

Tomboler

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 09:24:21 pm »
lol

Yeehaa!

Nearly spit my tea out laughing at that line.

Sorry, I was using a standard CIU response reply.
The other is, "Dump and replace with 2 new ones"
The grin indicated a lack of seriousness in the answer.
 :D

Yeh sorry for my response too Sunshine  :-[ , I was just miffed by those rascals at Nationwide, blood was up, wrestling a big steer type adrenaline running through me. Thanks for all replies, calming down now, gonna have to put some more water in the missus though 'er she's gonna blow !!'

;D

matthewprice

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 10:17:11 pm »
my bank done this to me 10 years ago when i went in to deposit the manager came out gave me a hard timeabout putting in my wages into the bank ,told him to stick it where the sun dont shine,and go fetch my 5 grand and close the account,took the smile off his face .went with rbs,but now with santander find them really good

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 07:39:40 am »
All the bank wants to do is charge you more money. There is no reason why a sole trader should have a business account, none at all. There is nothing different about a business account except the fees structure. Its a con pure and simple

When I had this from Lloyds I opened an account with Santandair and then funnily enough Lloyds stopped moaning