Catherine10

Re: Re-naming My Business...
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 08:24:19 pm »
or a little continental fenetre finesse?-

geefree

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 11:39:05 pm »
Wizard why ?

come on guys, think of a good name ,  wizard is not in any way related to cleaning.... oh i know , ...Dragon ????  cleaning services.

;D :o

EandM

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 12:54:41 am »
One of my fellow operatives has simply named his business:

' James '

Works a treat and all payments are correctly made out

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 01:42:57 am »
If you wanted to go down the wizard route you could go for window warlocks, - sounds a bit sinister though.

Window warlocks? That is shocking  ;D.
Your name is Milton.......and you clean..........Milton Cleans......simple (see what I did) :).......maybe not  :-\.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rosskesava

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 02:02:01 am »
My van has sign written in large letters 'window cleaner' on it. No catchy name, no slogans or puns with words or anything. Just plain 'window cleaner' and my phone number.

I've never been short of work.

I sometimes think w/c's worry too much about a catchy name.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 07:01:48 am »
So as ive posted before, I want to re-name my company but have been undecided on a suitable name, which is currently J.M.C.S (James Miltons Cleaning Services)
After 8 years of trading, I yet to come across a customer who has remembered this when writing out the cheque   :)

So, after god knows how long trying to come up with something catchy and rememberable, I still couldnt come up with something that I was satisfied with...

Then yesterday I thought, why not use my nickname that all mates call me and have since I was a nipper, which is 'Spud'  - Spuds Window Cleaning.

I pictured my van being sign written, along with a picture of Mr Potato Head holding a squeegee, and thought that will catch the eye of everyone in my area  :)

Only issue I have, is that my mates know me as Spud and my customers know me as James, resulting in customers maybe thinking its a little immature kind or, changing business name to my nickname.

Whats people opinions on this?

When I was at school, my nickname was "Bogbrush", so I don't think I better follow your example  ;D .
The nickname stuck for a while because I had short, spiky hair back in the days when flowing locks were more the vogue.  I realise now that I was just 40 years ahead of my time  :)

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 07:48:14 am »
i dont think its anything to do with a name!i think its more to do with  personality than a name on a van!!!

spud window cleaning/james milton window cleaning?

i personally feel your name is better.it imprints a sense of a personal touch,reliability,trustworthyness on the mind.

my nickname where i used to work was "acid" as i used to take a fair bit of LSD at the time!i dont think i would use it as a name for my business though!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Klean07

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 09:29:14 am »
My advice would be to keep it short and simple. My business name is K-Klean. My name is Kevin. I thought about this for a long time and like yourself juggled a few names around before going with the one I've got. I guess its also easy to remember which is another plus point.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

tom cronin

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 10:28:07 am »
Hi James 'Spud'

if done well, i think you'll be onto a winner and i don't it's too immature that you won't get commercial work etc..

if done badly then it will look really, really poor.

I use a mildly unusual name & we have become well recoginised around here ( Norfolk Broads ) I remember looking
at a thread a couple of years back and saw a fab van/company - RED MONKEY - it was superb,  and
now
we have Purple Rhino - Blue Monkey - Blue Frog - Clockwork Orange  etc.... 

I also think   'Franks' window cleaning'   is on the money - simple and easy to remember and sounds friendly

Darran

I Like the "big red monkey window cleaning" name, definitely a name you won't forget !

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 10:36:21 am »
My van has sign written in large letters 'window cleaner' on it. No catchy name, no slogans or puns with words or anything. Just plain 'window cleaner' and my phone number.

I've never been short of work.

I sometimes think w/c's worry too much about a catchy name.
it's a marketing angle to stand out from other window cleaners, what once worked is starting to shift fast, being established helps us a great deal, but if your new and you think you can do the same then your set to fail as there are a lot more window cleaners about now than there used to be.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 11:15:51 am »
'The Mighty Milton Cleaning Company?'
'The Mighty Milton Cleaning Machine?'
'Miltons Monthly Cleaning Monkey's?'  ;D 
'Miltons Monthly Window Wizards?'

Wooaahh- too much creative juices going . Better lay of the coffee :o

Enjoy the weekend all

Roy Cauldery
we succeed because others can't or won't

Dane

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 07:11:40 pm »
Round are way ye spuds are your b******s!

b******s window cleaning!!

I think people would remember that mate   ;)

HAHA

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 08:29:04 pm »
Sorry mate I am Window Wizard. There is also a water wizard.
Why no try "Clean like Magic" or "Water Witch" Or "Shout " and I come window washes.Water Magic.in front of your eyes window cleaning.   

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 08:32:48 pm »
At no stage did I say I wanted to be called Window Wizard, or have wizard as part of my name!!!!!!!!!

I was simply using someones elses name as an example...