PurefectWindowCleaning

Re-naming My Business...
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:50:41 am »
So as ive posted before, I want to re-name my company but have been undecided on a suitable name, which is currently J.M.C.S (James Miltons Cleaning Services)
After 8 years of trading, I yet to come across a customer who has remembered this when writing out the cheque   :)

So, after god knows how long trying to come up with something catchy and rememberable, I still couldnt come up with something that I was satisfied with...

Then yesterday I thought, why not use my nickname that all mates call me and have since I was a nipper, which is 'Spud'  - Spuds Window Cleaning.

I pictured my van being sign written, along with a picture of Mr Potato Head holding a squeegee, and thought that will catch the eye of everyone in my area  :)

Only issue I have, is that my mates know me as Spud and my customers know me as James, resulting in customers maybe thinking its a little immature kind or, changing business name to my nickname.

Whats people opinions on this?

Darranvps

Re: Re-naming My Business...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 09:55:17 am »
Milton Cleaning Services

Milton Cleaners - sounds quite posh

KISS

AJ

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:01:27 am »
Cut out the 'J'

MCS

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 10:02:56 am »
Yes but it boring and unrememerable.

When people in my area think oh I could do with a window cleaner, they will automaticilly think of that van they see driving about with a potato holding a squeegee... catch my drift?

I want to be diffrent.

There used many many years ago in my area a firm called window wizards, who drove around with a big wizzrds hat on there vans... everyone remembered them as the towns window cleaners... im trying to do the same kind of thing

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 10:03:19 am »
Pink Panda.

now that would turn heads
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dean Taberner

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 11:26:31 am »
Dean Taberner Window Cleaning Ltd.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

colin purewater

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 11:34:07 am »
Round are way ye spuds are your b******s!

b******s window cleaning!!

I think people would remember that mate   ;)
keep it simple

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 04:09:02 pm »
Hi James 'Spud'

if done well, i think you'll be onto a winner and i don't it's too immature that you won't get commercial work etc..

if done badly then it will look really, really poor.

I use a mildly unusual name & we have become well recoginised around here ( Norfolk Broads ) I remember looking
at a thread a couple of years back and saw a fab van/company - RED MONKEY - it was superb,  and
now
we have Purple Rhino - Blue Monkey - Blue Frog - Clockwork Orange  etc.... 

I also think   'Franks' window cleaning'   is on the money - simple and easy to remember and sounds friendly

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 04:12:44 pm »
Top Glass Cleaning Services.

Jackal

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 04:22:42 pm »
Milton Cleaning Services

Milton Cleaners - sounds quite posh

KISS

that seems the best one  milton cleaning services,personally i wouldnt go with spuds

Jackal

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 04:25:06 pm »
i been thinking of changing mine aswell as it cr@p dunno what to tho currently its W.J window cleaning services

Catherine10

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 04:34:43 pm »
Think Wizard, great name James, can you think of something similar?  Can see the van now.

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 04:44:09 pm »
i considered the Water Wizzards  also   The Cleaning wizards

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Catherine10

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 04:51:42 pm »
Window wands?  To be honest since James put the post up, been wracking my brain to think... van with a picture of magic wand?

rycalshaw

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 04:53:36 pm »
i,m called bullseye cleaning services ,got the idea because i,m a county darts player,but this year i,m having some bullseye tv programme graphics put on the van, i thought it would be something that people would remember seeing..

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »
i,m called bullseye cleaning services ,got the idea because i,m a county darts player,but this year i,m having some bullseye tv programme graphics put on the van, i thought it would be something that people would remember seeing..
keep your advertising related to window cleaning and be remembered for the right thing ;) your not on an 80's tv show now  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Catherine10

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 05:10:58 pm »
If you wanted to go down the wizard route you could go for window warlocks, - sounds a bit sinister though.

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 07:12:53 pm »
was that Warlocks ???   

wizard cleaning -  simply magic

Darran

Catherine10

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 07:39:46 pm »
variation on wizards the dark side

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 08:13:11 pm »
MILTON FLUID