windiewasher

stupid custy
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:09:43 pm »
Been cleaning windows of a house for 12 months no probs always look spot on,custy never in when i do them.
 I went to do them yesterday,done the fronts but gate was locked,car was there,nobody in!
 Went by today gate was open and car was on the drive so finished the backs off,knock on the door no answer.
 Put a card through and go home.
Phone rings whilst driving home,never answered it.
Got a voicemail from the woman saying i had put a card through,she had the money for me but not paying me unless i come back and dry the windows as i must have forgot.She had a right rant!
I was fuming!
Rang back kept getting her voicemail so i left a voicemail explaining why they were wet!
 Not heard anything back but if she gets funny im gonna tell her to get a new windie cause im sick of these people,do they drive around with there eyes shut or what?
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

peter holley

Re: stupid custy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:29:14 pm »
lol.... had this happen a few times.... I just go back when they are dry and ask them if they are clean?
then its point proven.....
dont rant or fret, its pointless.... as long as the finished job is good then there isnt a problem....
if they are still unhappy , then just drop them and move on.....

windiewasher

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 11:30:47 pm »
lol.... had this happen a few times.... I just go back when they are dry and ask them if they are clean?
dont rant or fret, its pointless.... as long as the finished job is good then there isnt a problem....

The way she was on the voicemail,i have visions she will be drying with her tea towel,lol ;D
Total £  so far.

peter holley

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:51:11 pm »
I have seen custies do that as well  ;D

The way she was on the voicemail,i have visions she will be drying with her tea towel,lol ;D

andyM

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:23:52 am »
I always tell them the windows will be left wet with WFP
One of the Plebs

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 08:59:33 am »
I had something very similar a while back, I had been cleaning this customer during the day when they were both out at work. All fine, then one day I happened to be doing them when she popped home from work at lunchtime.

andyjm1

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 09:06:54 am »
We never mention anything to do with the water fed pole system to customers any more, unless they ask. The way I see it, wfp is now a widely accepted method, so there's no need.
They pay for clean windows, end of.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 09:33:26 am »
i know its amazing init! ive been cleaning this one house for about a year and she is in when i clean it 99% of the time the last tim ei was there she payed me at the front door and said with a frown " dont you usualy dry them off?" "no" i said with a grin  ;D

"are you sure?" she continued  ::)

"yes" was my final response

dear me  :)

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 09:51:42 am »
I have just remembered another one, wasn't even the householder, just some bloke calling at the house to take in the post because the people were away. Told me I was a f......g conman

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 10:05:05 am »
I have just remembered another one, wasn't even the householder, just some bloke calling at the house to take in the post because the people were away. Told me I was a f......g conman

Oooh, that would have wound me up, Vince.
I would have asked him did he want to know about the system, if not, to mind his own business and language.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

windiewasher

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 10:06:34 am »

lol classic,i think i would have had to of lost it then m8!
It really annoys you,you try and do a good job,be honest and people think your just a conman!
 I had another new one yesterday asking me to wipe the windows dry on the kitchen and patio doors as she has arthiritis and couldnt do it,i said its pure water etc,
she said oh merry christmas,i said ill see you in 4 weeks ;D
Total £  so far.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 10:11:21 am »
:o thts a bit much vince! was you on a rough estate?  ;D

Jackal

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 11:18:06 am »
to be fair to the customer wfp is crap  ;)

Neil Gornall

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 11:33:48 am »
Yes, and with being ladders banned now they really dont have much choice at the moment do they!!!   :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 11:34:12 am »
to be fair to the customer wfp is crap  ;)

Quite right Jackal! I'm going back to trad. for this very reason!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 11:37:38 am »

NO when you are trad thats the message you(or others) have prob subliminally planted in their heads & if not its because they dont like change. when you have converted your round to WFP the customers love it, and if they dont your not doing it right.  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 11:56:18 am »
I'm loving changing back to trad. Those green coated decking boards are perfect for putting your ladders on after a bit of rain followed by a bit of ice. Won't catch me doing wfp nonsense! Bunch of pansies eh Jackal?

Doris at number 83 agrees with me and so does her mate Violet (or is that Violent) at 87? I mean how am I going to replace them at £6 a pop and a fiver and a mince pie at Xmas!?
It's a game of three halves!

Poles R Us

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 12:00:33 pm »
Been cleaning windows of a house for 12 months no probs always look spot on,custy never in when i do them.
 I went to do them yesterday,done the fronts but gate was locked,car was there,nobody in!
 Went by today gate was open and car was on the drive so finished the backs off,knock on the door no answer.
 Put a card through and go home.
Phone rings whilst driving home,never answered it.
Got a voicemail from the woman saying i had put a card through,she had the money for me but not paying me unless i come back and dry the windows as i must have forgot.She had a right rant!
I was fuming!
Rang back kept getting her voicemail so i left a voicemail explaining why they were wet!
 Not heard anything back but if she gets funny im gonna tell her to get a new windie cause im sick of these people,do they drive around with there eyes shut or what?

ive got one like that, i have to wipe over them every time ,think im going to dump her too.

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 12:46:49 pm »
I know of a home owner near us that hates WFP. She can't stand the windows being left wet, although she is hardly at home most days.

She fired the first window cleaner that she had who went WFP from Trad, and each Trad cleaner she found also went WFP so they all got fired. The last Trad cleaner she had changed over to WFP using a hand pump back pack and but the results I saw looked as though he was using ordinary tap water. The hand pump also didn't provide a sufficient enough flow to rinse the windows - it was just a trickle. I watched him one day from the van.

I see a whole lot of the houses he does with filthy windows at the moment, although I have seen him about.  I will canvass them after Xmas , which will give him enough time to do them if he hasn't lost the round.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »
What the title says, we all have them.

What would be really interesting is if a large group of your customers were on a forum discussing all your services and prices, now that would be interesting ;D

I'm not complaining because I have had a lot of business from the forums, just think it would be very interesting.

Peter

steve rix

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 09:06:37 pm »
Yes, and with being ladders banned now they really dont have much choice at the moment do they!!!   :)
I would love to know where you get your stupid ideas from!! Ladders banned? Don't talk daft

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 08:00:34 am »

I don't get into arguments about it any more though that could have wound me up.
If they start querying my method, I just suggest they do a search about in on the internet and if they are still doubtful, I suggest a few key words that they can enter into a search engine.

g.brookes

steve rix

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »
If they ban ladders going into a nice safe job like coal mining!!

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 05:34:41 pm »
Me? do rough estate? no I wasn't, and yes he did wind me up.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 10:52:06 pm »
Me? do rough estate? no I wasn't, and yes he did wind me up.
yeah i know what you mean vince theres some idiots out there mate  ;) by the way i was only joking with you mate! i hope you didnt take offence?  :(

regards

george

andrewlefkas

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 08:08:23 pm »
I have had to explain a few times to interested customers ,I include the point that the water Im using is actually a lot cleaner than bottled water they pay for in shops and as most do on here I always ask them to ring me if they are not happy bunnies and I will come back and sort problem .I have had to go back once so far in two years of WFP-that was to some leaded windows but never a problem after that. I have got quite a few custies who only want WFP becuase of how clean windows and frames are left plus some who dont want windies climbing on their tiled roofs and so on. I do miss hanging on by my fingertips as I inch along a dormer window then the thrill of climbing up over roof to do other side ,it always got the adrenaline going especially with the odd near slip ! ;D

Spruce

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 08:17:15 pm »
So Doc, what was the outcome with this customer?

Bay View WCS

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 01:57:49 pm »
I quoted a new custy yesterday and she asked 'how do you clean em?'.  I told her with a pole and pure water that will dry perfectly clear.  She said 'I prefer the old way as I'm a bit old fashioned'.  I said 'do you really care that much as long as they are cleaned; plus, you're getting the frames and doors cleaned too'.  'Good point' she said, 'can you do them now?'

Sorted  ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 02:39:31 pm »
I quoted a new custy yesterday and she asked 'how do you clean em?'.  I told her with a pole and pure water that will dry perfectly clear.  She said 'I prefer the old way as I'm a bit old fashioned'.  I said 'do you really care that much as long as they are cleaned; plus, you're getting the frames and doors cleaned too'.  'Good point' she said, 'can you do them now?'

Sorted  ;D

good response there mate, i think i'll say that next time someone questions my working methods!

Bay View WCS

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »

Sorted  ;D

good response there mate, i think i'll say that next time someone questions my working methods!

I also had one fella who was asking why not trad- I said that he wouldn't question his garage on how they fixed/serviced his car would he!- as long as they did a good job for a fair price he wouldn't really care 'how' they did it at all- the end job is the main thing.  He agreed and is now a regular.

I could have gone into great detail with both custies as to the intricate workings of WFP/pure water etc (and I do when asked) but the end result is what matters to most people and I was just pointing that out in a polite way which seemed to work.

Or I could've just said that ladders are banned  ;D

lcwalker

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 09:35:28 pm »
I had a customer ask once and when i explained she was fine i just tell them they have been cleaned with filtered water they will dry spotless,but i do think it would be handy just to have an information leaflet on wfp just to give them, they can read up on it if they like

jouk45

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 10:14:04 pm »
for the ones who complain about the windows  still being wet, just say, do you take your windows in when it rains, leaves them baffled  ;D

Spruce

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 11:24:00 pm »
for the ones who complain about the windows  still being wet, just say, do you take your windows in when it rains, leaves them baffled  ;D

;D ;D ;D
I love it!