Stu Wallace

Spotting
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:43:46 pm »
Hi I have got a problem with a customers windows, Every time i clean them they are left with spotting on them even tho i have now been cleaning them for 12months . I have checked my Water, Brushes etc and i have even take to cleaning them twice each time i go but still get spotting, The house is a village and away from main roads.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Re: Spotting
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:49:21 pm »
Welcome noobie to the forum!

Does the glass sheet or stay in bubbles on glass? Cant remember technical term, but if doesnt sheet might need more rinsing,.

Plastic, metal or wood frames?  Spotting on the same windows or different?  It metal or metal coated can be very difficult.  You rinsing frames?

Stu Wallace

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:54:59 pm »

Hi

They a white UPVC not to old either

It seems to be all of the windows

I spend ages rinsing using the brush and the just spraying. 

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:02:33 pm »
what tds are you running at?  And do the windows sheet, ie does the water run off quicly, or gather in lots of droplets?

king marko

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:07:56 pm »
I get a similar problem on a conservatory window I've been doing for 6 months - the water just stays on glass, doesn't 'sheet' off
I've tried cleaning off before I start with some scrim and even some TFR but no joy
Be interesting to find out what response you get chap  :)

Craig 72

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 09:16:15 pm »
Is it just a few drops at the top of the frames or all over the glass?If it's all over it may be hard water left from something like a sprinkler and you could wfp all day long and not get good results.If it's just a few drops at the top,this is something I've just learned to accept on certain windows.There are houses in my round that leave spots at the tops regardless of how much scrubbing/rinsing I do but I've never had a call back from an unsatisfied customer.On the ground floor ones that I know are prone I give the tops a quick wipe with a scrim just for peace of mind.

king marko

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 09:54:44 pm »
Mine is just the top part - every month is the same, all the other windows are fine so I know my water is good (always 000)
I've tried to rub it/clean it dry but it won't shift
I accept it's the glass- the customer has never said owt

Pope vader

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:01:44 pm »
trad them, and see what happens,  or wfp and then aqueege the windows dry

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 10:18:32 pm »
in my opinion some windows will never take to wfp its happened to me and i just trad this type of window

Avo

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:27:38 pm »
I agree with bob here some glass just don't wanna take to wfp No matter how much you rinse off it's something about the glass not his water.. With this on repeat offenders (glass) just squeegee it far quicker

mark m

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 11:10:00 pm »
in my opinion some windows will never take to wfp its happened to me and i just trad this type of window

Agreed i have one house that will never come up clean apart from 2 windows ???

alanwilson

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 11:13:44 pm »
try rinsing up to  - but not touching the top part of the frame, we've loads of windows like this and thats what we do.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

bad trippy

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 11:26:22 pm »
Be sure to check its not limescale,if its not limescale,and its a wfp problem,then there aint really much you can do about it,it will be the black rubber seal thats at fault,as it probs is perished in a few places.
Try and splay your brush, just fractionally short of the top black seal, and rinse slightly lower also
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 08:53:28 am »
limescale,someone has probably had hanging baskets near by,i clean a house with a conservatory that is covered is limescale from a sprinkler that sprays it when they spray there grass!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 09:50:46 am »
To remove limescale we use 000 wire wool, regardless of how hard you scrub you won't scratch glass it just polishes it.

Klean07

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 10:30:59 am »
To remove limescale we use 000 wire wool, regardless of how hard you scrub you won't scratch glass it just polishes it.

Excellent tip!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Avo

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 10:37:22 am »

Interesting I saw a YouTube clip using wire wool pads stopping glass being hydrophobic and sheeting the glass after been rubbed down dose this work Richard??? This might stop his glass spotting.

bad trippy

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 11:48:01 am »

Where can i buy 000 wire wool?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

VSP Home Care

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 01:49:39 pm »
Your local hardware store should sell 000 wool  :)

Dave66

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 02:43:22 pm »
yea trad it if a lower ground floor, i would'nt get the ladders out though..
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!