Frankybadboy

Re: faulty pump battery or controller
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 06:58:21 am »
enlighten me wimpo . you saying i dont need a pressure switch if i have a varistream . so should i take the pressure switch off cheers  ;)
you dont need to take the pressure switch off,there should  be no wires conected to it ;) ;)

lozsing

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21:14 am »
no just disconnect it

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 07:27:16 am »
cheers bad boy and lozing ;) will check it out, off now prob back in an hour with the back of my van smashed up ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 08:19:02 am »
enlighten me wimpo . you saying i dont need a pressure switch if i have a varistream . so should i take the pressure switch off cheers  ;)

As said, just disconnect it.

On another note Bazza- How long you been at this wfp malarkey? ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 06:53:05 pm »
ay up wimpo .wiped my head out today this job  . started at 8 first hour fine set on 4 working well . then the next 3 hours it was stopping and starting .then it was fine all afternoon  . working on 4 . but i still cant higher it up as the flow just goes down . so i am stuck on no 4 .so tomorrow got a bit more time so i am gonna disconnect the pressure switch and repressurise the varistream .idont know what number to though .and i dont know why im doing it ;D but there is defo some wires coming out the pressure switch  ???  was on the ladders 21 years .then used a trollet for a few jobs for 3 years , but the last 4 years been 100% van mount and wfp . but not had any real problems up to this week    cheers bazza  ;)

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 06:54:58 pm »
thanks loszing for putting up the varistream instructions .  ;)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 07:09:46 pm »
you might have a link in the line or the brush head is blocked had this last week.

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 07:11:46 pm »
Have you changed the fuse lately? Change it see what happens.  I once had a fuse that was faulty the metal teeth had like a calcium/powder on them  and that gave me troubles like what you have been having not enough power getting to the vari stream. Does the light kepp flashing when your having troubles?

jay

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21:52 pm »
cheers jay thats an easy job ,  will do that first , cant do any harm . will check all my connections as well  ;)

lozsing

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 09:04:18 pm »
I had a similar problem and found battery knackered.

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:57 pm »
wewll had a look at the pressure switch and there is 2 wires coming out . 1 goes to the top of the pump aND THE OTHER GOES TO THE VARISTREAM .  so i disconnected em and the pump wont work at all  ??? so put em back and its back working but still only on 4 .  ??? repressurised the varistream on every number and ended up lon 9 as that is the only number to push any water out  . so i am at al loss . any of you brainboxes got any idea . i know i should probably just buy a new pump controller and battery but its probably just a simple thing .and i am from yorkshire so i am a tight git b ;D

lozsing

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:54 pm »
if you connect the 2 wires together you will just bypass the pressure switch

dd

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 05:28:05 pm »
Possible that the pump is worn out. Useful to have a spare anyway so try changing pump.

Do Varistreams also suffer wear issues? Maybe after 4 years it's had it.

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 06:31:06 pm »
cheers i will connect the two wires together tomorow and see how it goes.  ;D if i don't get any joy i will get our lass to get me one for christmas ;) cheers bazza