faulty pump battery or controller
« on: November 08, 2011, 04:51:26 pm »
can anyone give me any advice on what is at fault . my water flow has slowed down and is now stopping . i put a new pressure switch on the pump , didnt make any difference . battery is showing fully charged (14 month old leisure battery} use my controller on 4 .so i thought i would try it higher . so turn it up to 9 and its as if i have put it on 1 . so it is only working very sporaddic on 4 . and doing my head in . could it be the pump or maybe the contoller . any ideas . cheers barry . only serious replies please ;D ;)

Pope vader

Re: faulty pump battery or controller
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:53:59 pm »
try working with out the controller, see what happens

try it with van runing to see if that makes any difference

if you are using a di vessel, try with out in case it gets air blocked,  mine use to do this 

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:02:59 pm »
cheers pope . i bypassed the contoller today and the pump made a lot more noise and the water spluttered . my di vessel is before the tank so that is not the problem  . my battery is not connected to the van .  thanks for the reply  ;)

gto

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:06:02 pm »
is there a strainer on the pump, have you checked it lately.

also try by passing all of you plumbing with new short hoses, see if there is a blockage.

Pope vader

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 05:08:06 pm »
what controller you got,  as might need reseting

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 05:08:13 pm »
Blocked strainer Bazza. ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 05:09:15 pm »
Blocked strainer Bazza. ;)

Clean it or bypass it to either cure or eliminate it. ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 05:12:48 pm »
Battery knackered? 14 Months is a long time by my experience. See how fast the light is flashing

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 05:16:11 pm »
some fast replies guys . i have a varistream controller goes from 1 to 9 . never reset it or anything in 3 years always been fine . yes i do have a strainer and check the mesh all the time , it is clear . can some crap get in the bit before the mesh . but will check again . can wimpo be right again . . thanks for the fast replies .  ;)

Llaaww

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 05:17:50 pm »
Re fit any wire terminals that may have coroded a bit and it should be ok.
if it is dirty it is fair game

lozsing

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 05:34:21 pm »
you can have a battery showing ok , but as soon as it drops below 12.8v your varistream will start to play up . take a volt meter out with you and as soon as it happens test your battery

Frankybadboy

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 05:41:00 pm »
with the colder weather  you just need to play around with the back settings on the controller. ;)

lozsing

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »
here are some  varistream instructions if there any help too.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 06:01:19 pm »
sounds like your picking up air....try tightening all hose connections between tank and pump

weetot

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 06:08:07 pm »
Are you using a leisure battery? and when you put it on charge, is the green light coming on within about 10 mins? If it is and you havent charged it for 24 hours there may be a cell knackered in the battery.

Saying that it should still push the water out the pump.
I'll have another think!
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 06:12:10 pm »
thanks gunna check em all . out all night . my heads gunna explode  ;D

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 09:02:12 pm »
been pratting about half the night . tightened all jubilee clips, all connections , cleaned strainer and was running ok . will see how it goes tomorrow . if it plays up will try the pressure setting on the controller . if that dont work i wiil kick the lot down the street . thanks again for taking time to reply . except wimpo who is usually wrong  ;D just thought i wonder if its cos i changed my vikan brush for a gardiners  ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 09:31:23 pm »
Why did you put a new pressure switch on the pump if you are using a varistream Bazza? It should be bypassed.

As someone said, in colder weather, the pressure cut off will activate sooner than in warm/mild weather as there is very little expansion in the hoses to absorb pressure. With warm water I have to knock my varistream cut off down to 4 or 5. In summer but with cold water it's on 6 & winter on 7.

I reckon you're working so fast with that new brush that the poor old pump just can't keep up with ya Bazza! ;D

J. Domingos

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 10:26:17 pm »
I'm working with 2 pumps and 2 controllers, 1 a simple 12v 30amp dc remote motor controller, does the job
VERY well. I'm quite please... no more faults whatsoever. Probably this winter... will try build up a few more and
put to sale  8) ;D

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 06:53:15 am »
enlighten me wimpo . you saying i dont need a pressure switch if i have a varistream . so should i take the pressure switch off cheers  ;)