South Window Cleaning Ltd

Should england introduce licencing for window cleaners
« on: October 18, 2011, 07:46:57 pm »
Should england introduce licencing for window cleaners.

Would this help to improve the image of the industry ?.

would this stop the dolies.

I ASKED THIS QUESTION LAST YEAR, BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF OPINION HAD CHANGED MUCH ?????

Frankybadboy

Re: Should england introduce licencing for window cleaners
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:52:51 pm »
has it done anything in scotland??????? you should ask

gary999

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 07:55:16 pm »
nothing stops the dolies

apart from the winter.

i already get taxed enough thanks i dont need anymore
thankyou very much

Pope vader

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:58:39 pm »
yes they should introduce licences and they should only introduce a certain number in each post code, and they should get the fed to run it for the gov, that way you have to be a member of the fed to work,  and if one of the big boys buys up all the license for a area tuff luck,  that will stop all the dolies from working wont it ;D

dave f

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 09:26:26 pm »
sorry but that is a load of crap its every bodys right to work 

stuart mc

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 09:29:42 pm »
has it done anything in scotland??????? you should ask
yes just ask ;D I am not answering though I get bored of saying stop it, don't waste your money ;D

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 09:36:08 pm »
What we really need is for some like minded shiners to realize we have the same needs and goals and start working and striving for the same goals. One does not rise up by pushing other down, but by progressing upwards and being better.

petemg

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:09 pm »
no way, we will need a licence to breath if the goverment got there way, its all the licencing red tape and high taxation thats keeping this country in the poop, by all means go out and get an honest living but keep it simple...........pete

matthewprice

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:27 pm »
got one its a pain takes 6 weeks to get if need help due to sickness cant employ until all paper work in place ect /also gives h&s another hold over you ect ,and £300 every 3 year,and never had ours checked in15 years :(

sandy

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 09:45:12 pm »
take it from a jock it is pure con just another tax you get nothing for your money if tommy sheriden was a window cleaner it would be abbolished

stuart mc

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »
take it from a jock it is pure con just another tax you get nothing for your money if tommy sheriden was a window cleaner it would be abbolished
tommy sheriden would't get a license with his convictions ;D ;D or maybe he would it is that random

JSMC

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 10:01:58 pm »
know plenty guys with criminal records who have licences. They cant really stop you LOL. the licence doesn't stop people on the side. Also if you do ge tyer licence how is it gonna change yer business? you gonna increase prices or something. It really makes no difference to my work at all. Have 2 licences for 2 different regions. one i only use once per week for 2 hours.

Also some councils split their region up into zones like south lanarkshire who have 3 zones.

tacky

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 10:08:22 pm »
would b a good idea .but they would have no one to enforce it ,do u think the guys on the dole would take any notice .3 houses n they earnt their beer money .they get caught they leave windows for few days then carry on

JSMC

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 10:13:29 pm »
would b a good idea .but they would have no one to enforce it ,do u think the guys on the dole would take any notice .3 houses n they earnt their beer money .they get caught they leave windows for few days then carry on

there are legit large companies who were not licensed up here also LOL. Don't kid yourself the bigger companies are the worst offenders. I heard the company who were clenaing the parliament building were not licensed LOL.

combat1

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 10:17:36 pm »
It would be like the working at height directive, theres not enough people to monitor it so people just keep on ignoring it

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 07:06:12 am »
Dont worry this country is buggered up enough to tax you on anything,so it is only a matter of time till the thieving gits from your local councils get their hands in your pockets.But in answer to your question...A BIG NO FROM ME.

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 07:41:29 am »
If you work on other people's property everybody (not just window cleaners) ought to have a licence but if it came in nobody would enforce it.

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 07:53:17 am »
If you work on other people's property everybody (not just window cleaners) ought to have a licence but if it came in nobody would enforce it.

Why should everyone have a license?
I have had numerous people working in my houses over the years without being licensed by the local authorities.Thats what is being talked about here,licenses issued by local authorities,not professional trade bodies.

bobby p

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 07:55:44 am »
a lot of trades seem to wear an ID  badge now i notice.  and at social gatherings too

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 08:17:10 am »
yes they should introduce licences and they should only introduce a certain number in each post code, and they should get the fed to run it for the gov, that way you have to be a member of the fed to work,  and if one of the big boys buys up all the license for a area tuff luck,  that will stop all the dolies from working wont it ;D

You read some good stuff on forums and you read some garbage, this is the biggest load of garbage ever.

In my town there are around 10 window cleaners, all have been at it for a good number of years, all have established rounds. If England introduced licencing and allowed 6 licences in my area, do you honestly think the 4 windies who don't get a licence are just going to roll over and stop cleaning, sort your head out.

I pay to much tax on my earnings after I have worked, I don't need to be paying to be allowed to work as well.