L.J.Thorpe

Re: having a Landline is it important?
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:09 pm »
I no longer have a landline number, but my flyers have my home address and mobile number on them, so at least I make it known that I am local.

I used to think that a landline number was important, but it seems as if it doesn't really matter. Most of my incoming calls are from mobiles. An added bonus for those who share the same network as me is that they get free calls!  :)

John.
maybe but i would say having your address on the flyer makes a big difference

Johnny B

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 11:04:03 pm »
I agree. I  definitely wouldn't feel so sure about the lack of a landline without stating my address.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Londoner

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 07:31:54 am »
would you trust a bloke who you could only get hold of by a mobile no
agree it just screams pikey

+1

Jamie Williams

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 07:51:48 am »
You can always get a 0800 freephone number which looks good and can be diverted to your mobile only about £5-£10 per month works a treat  :) :)

Jonny D

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 12:50:59 am »
so what do you think would work better then a 0800 number or a local number?

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 08:33:34 pm »
local number 0800 is another great pikey trick

Dave.

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 10:45:22 am »
I've got an internet line which plugs into any router, and has a local area code. I got fed up with people ringing late at night, that phone is in my home office and after 8pm they get to speak to my answerphone.

Also got an 0808 (new 0800) line but don't use it at the mo,

Jamie Williams

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 10:48:32 am »
think both are good but if your out all day your landline would be useless ye i have also had that at 11.00 o clock at night through the landline and you never know whether it is going to be personal or business call on your landline not to sure how an 0800 is another pikey trick ?? they prob dont have the brains to get 1

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 07:33:58 pm »
come have a drive by any caravan site mate
0800 number with a mobile on plenty of the vans down there mate
nowt wrong with 0800 IF its backed up with an address or a landline

Jamie Williams

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 10:55:07 am »
also lots if big companies use freephone numbers as customers prefer to ring as does not cost of course back it up with website and address etc common sense

jimmyn

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 02:03:47 pm »
Hi guys,

For those who are moving premises it is possible to take your number with you wherever you are moving to even if BT say you can't. Also have you thought about a virtual PA? After 6 calls can be diverted to a virtual PA and they only charge for the calls they answer. Better still they answer all calls 24/7/365. If you are interested in any of this please PM me

Best

James

StockClean

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 07:53:02 pm »
Hi Chaps!

We have two landline numbers, both local to the geograhics we work. This gives the impression we are a more credible business than the others, and have more than one area operating.

I use a company called voiptalk. For a small monthly fee per number i can add as many geograhic landline numbers as i like, all pointing to a virtual voicemail syatem which e-mails voicemail messages to my blackberry and office computers.

The numbers are on all our advertisments, invoices, and website. Customer calls up and they leave a message and I get it no mater where I am at no cost to me.

The advantages to this is that you avoid the telemarketing companies all trying to sell you stuff, and you never miss out on customer enqiries.

www.stockclean.co.uk

Jonny D

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 12:10:56 am »
how much is the low monthly fee you pay because the lowest fee I seen was £25 a month. I could get an extra phone line with an answer machine put in for less than that.

StockClean

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 08:56:15 am »
I pay about £4.69 a month, I dont know if you are getting mixed up with a hosted switchboard, as they also do that and its expensive.